Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
So early-early season surprises and disappointments from your team?

Someone who's surprised me so far is Jonas Jerebko. He's solid. Has good strength, can rebound well, and is pretty damn good defensively. He's filled in nicely for Tayshaun in the starting lineup.

Disappointment has to be Chris Wilcox. Man. He looks bad in garbage time even. He's got 3 points, 10 rebounds, and 1 block in his 46 minutes of NBA action so far. 3 DNP's.. I expected a little bit more out of him.

Surprise- Jonny Flynn, but stop turning the damn ball over.

Disappointment- Al Jefferson, looks like he's not quite over that injury yet.

When you already suck and your best player is your disappointment that's a problem.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was messing around with the trade machine and as far as salaries go it works, and I think it's in the realm of fair at least.

Bucks trade:
Michael Redd
Dan Gadzuric
a lottery protected 1st round pick

to the Rockets for:
Tracy McGrady

Bucks get a huge expiring contract as well as a guy that was a superstar once upon a time. The Rockets get a guy that can knock down shots and another body down low. I'm gonna write Senator Kohl to make it happen!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hornets just fired Byron Scott.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4648162

They cited the firing based on his poor start but you have to have talent outside of CP3 and David West in order to win and George Shinn is a craptastic owner that won't spend any money trying to bring in talent to keep Paul happy.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post

They cited the firing based on his poor start but you have to have talent outside of CP3 and David West in order to win and George Shinn is a craptastic owner that won't spend any money trying to bring in talent to keep Paul happy.
I will cite the fact the team has given up on him. It is obvious when you are watching the team they won't listen to him. I do not think the hornets are any less talented than the Bulls.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I will cite the fact the team has given up on him. It is obvious when you are watching the team they won't listen to him. I do not think the hornets are any less talented than the Bulls.
Oh, definitely. They gave up on him during the playoffs last year. I said this last season but I really hope they bring in Avery Johnson.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-12-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Right when Devin Brown had provided me with some much needed points on my fantasy team, the team is thrown into turmoil.

What does this mean for the starting SG position?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I was messing around with the trade machine and as far as salaries go it works, and I think it's in the realm of fair at least.

Bucks trade:
Michael Redd
Dan Gadzuric
a lottery protected 1st round pick

to the Rockets for:
Tracy McGrady

Bucks get a huge expiring contract as well as a guy that was a superstar once upon a time. The Rockets get a guy that can knock down shots and another body down low. I'm gonna write Senator Kohl to make it happen!
What is that expiring contract for? Who in their right mind would want to come and play for Milwaukee? I'm not hating on the Bucks I'm just saying that it's a horrible media market that is not attractive to any big name players.

The Bucks' best bet is to either make a trade for a really good player and use Redd and some other pieces or use the draft to improve the team. But they are not going to be major players in F/A.

Oh and the biggest surprise/disappointment:

Surprise - Joakim Noah/Luol Deng

Disappointment - Salmons/Hinrich

I can't put Rose in the disappointment category right now because I don't know if he's fully recovered from his ankle. He sat out the entire pre-season and it looks like he's still shaking off the rust. It took Deron Williams over a month to get his game back last year after his ankle injury so I'll be patient with Rose. I do want to see him be more aggressive though. He has to realize that this team goes when he goes. One positive is that a majority of his points have come off his mid-range jumper. If he keeps knocking that down with consistency eventually it'll open up his drive.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
What is that expiring contract for? Who in their right mind would want to come and play for Milwaukee? I'm not hating on the Bucks I'm just saying that it's a horrible media market that is not attractive to any big name players.

The Bucks' best bet is to either make a trade for a really good player and use Redd and some other pieces or use the draft to improve the team. But they are not going to be major players in F/A.
It would be a lot like when we traded Ray Allen to the Sonics for Gary Peyton, half season rental thing. Redd's and Gadzurick both have 2 years left on their deal, so I doubt the Rockets would do it anyways because it would limit their flexibility this offseason.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 11-12-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Right when Devin Brown had provided me with some much needed points on my fantasy team, the team is thrown into turmoil.

What does this mean for the starting SG position?
I would think Devin Brown would have it locked up. He's played the best out of any of the starting SG.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 11-12-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Byron Scott firing is crap. The team has nobody outside of Wes and Paul and it's somehow the coach's fault? They think this move will somehow help the team? Upheaval while the season is going on just opens the door to Paul's eventual departure to the Lakers.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big game tonight Cavs at Heat who ya got? I think Wade pulls it out.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprise: Channing Frye, dude seems like he hits every clutch shot from behind the arc

Dissapointment: Can't really say there is one but if I had to I guess I'll say Barbosa, seems like after taking a giant leap forward on D last year he has returned to normal

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 07:57 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

For the Bucks, the biggest surprise obviously thus far has been Brandon Jennings. Nobody expected him to score the way he's scoring.

For biggest disappointment, I guess I'll say Joe Alexander. I really, really like him, and I'm anxious to get him in the line up.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 11-12-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm really excited about the potential of Roddy Beaubois. If his understanding of the game ever matches his athleticism he could be a great value pick late in the first round. Unfortunately by the time that happens Dirk might be too old and past his prime to really have a dynamic PG/PF 1-2 punch.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is the cavs/heat game jerky... the video that is im flipping back anf forth between 9ers/bears and heat/cavs and heat/cavs video is jerking all around for me?
Old 11-12-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG Wade just nutted in Varejaos mouth, posterize of the year right in front of MJ!

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Maybe its a good thing I don't have the nfln because this is an awesome game, LBJ and Wade both putting on a show for his Airness.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-12-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by TitansCJftw : 11-12-2009 at 09:19 PM.
TitansCJftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This makes my crazy Chris Paul to Orlando trade scenario SLIGHTLY more feasable. It's still crazy, but I understand Paul liked Byron Scott.

You gotta think that his best friend being traded away and the coach he's known for most of his career being cut loose in a span of two months has had some negative effect on his morale.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
This makes my crazy Chris Paul to Orlando trade scenario SLIGHTLY more feasable. It's still crazy, but I understand Paul liked Byron Scott.

You gotta think that his best friend being traded away and the coach he's known for most of his career being cut loose in a span of two months has had some negative effect on his morale.
No it doesn't make your crazy trade scenario any more likely. The Magic are not getting two top five players at their respective positions (arguably the best at their positions).

The only way the Hornets trade Paul is if you give them Howard in return. Which obviously the Magic would never do, just like the Hornets would never give up Paul for junk.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
No it doesn't make your crazy trade scenario any more likely. The Magic are not getting two top five players at their respective positions (arguably the best at their positions).

The only way the Hornets trade Paul is if you give them Howard in return. Which obviously the Magic would never do, just like the Hornets would never give up Paul for junk.
It wouldn't be junk, but we've had this entire argument before and I'm not going to dredge it back up. Plus, the entire scenario banks on Paul theoretically demanding a trade. Of COURSE the Hornets wouldn't INITIATE something like that.

... And it isn't top-five, it's top-two at their positions, probably the best.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
It wouldn't be junk, but we've had this entire argument before and I'm not going to dredge it back up. Plus, the entire scenario banks on Paul theoretically demanding a trade. Of COURSE the Hornets wouldn't INITIATE something like that.

... And it isn't top-five, it's top-two at their positions, probably the best.
Yes well any player can demand a trade (Kobe anyone?) but it doesn't mean they're going to get it.

And yes, compared to Paul what you were 'giving' the Hornets was junk.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carmelo's dunk on Millsap earlier this year>Wade's dunk on Varejao.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Carmelo's dunk on Millsap earlier this year>Wade's dunk on Varejao.
I disagree, varejao would have done a backflip if the basket didn't break his fall and Wade just went at it, he was thinking about it the whole time.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-12-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I thought Chalmers was supposed to be a good defender? Mo Williams is eating him alive.