Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I think you're overrating Gortat quite a bit. There are very few players who average a double double every night in the NBA and to assume Gortat would is a big stretch. He hasn't even played 30+ minutes day in and day out for the Magic either so it's impossible to tell how good or bad he'd be. Honestly I think he's a good back up center and that's about it.

I'd rather keep a lottery pick because you never know who might fall into your lap and the Thunder do a great job of drafting.
A good back up, at best? He was a hot commodity this year, honestly he should be starting for the Mavs right now. Everyone who wanted him, wanted to start him.

I dont want to overrate him but, when you compare him to others at the position. He has a better skill set than the majority. The only question is how his offense will project as a starter because, he is a very advanced rebounder who will have no problem grabbing 10 a game at the least. No question there, imo. There was a time last year when he lead the league in rebounding per 48 minutes. He just doesnt play all that much.

Also, I'm not even talking about the Thunder...I was just saying any team in general. Centers tend to suck...that's the way it is. Just about every center prospect that is coming out now, are years and years away. So if you need a center, Gortat is the better way to go.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I wouldn't say great rebounder. He's 50th in the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes.

I just don't see it. His ceiling is something like 12/9 imo. I'd rather take my chances in the draft.
He was first at a time last year in rebounding per 48. The guy just doesnt play all that much. And when he does, he isnt being asked to shoot.

If you need a center...the draft isnt the place to get one in most cases. Especially if you need one right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-28-2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:19 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He was first at a time last year in rebounding per 48. The guy just doesnt play all that much. And when he does, he isnt being asked to shoot.

If you need a center...the draft isnt the place to get one in most cases. Especially if you need one right now.

Just from last year's draft you have guys Bropez, Speights, and Roy Hibbert, I would take all of them over Gortat.

The year before you have Oden (looking like a bust now but it's not like he's a bad player, and he's proven more than Gortat), Horford, Noah, and Hawes

It's not hard to find a better center in the draft than Gortat.

And how many people picking in the lottery need a center immediately? It's pretty rare that a team has a shot at being a legitimate contender the year after picking in the lottery anyway.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

What would the Nets have to do to be more pathetic than last year's Detroit Lions?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2009, 02:40 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/1...g-back-Iverson

Sixers getting ready to sign Iverson it looks like.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. That's where he belongs, they should switch back to their old jerseys.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Just from last year's draft you have guys Bropez, Speights, and Roy Hibbert, I would take all of them over Gortat.

The year before you have Oden (looking like a bust now but it's not like he's a bad player, and he's proven more than Gortat), Horford, Noah, and Hawes

It's not hard to find a better center in the draft than Gortat.

And how many people picking in the lottery need a center immediately? It's pretty rare that a team has a shot at being a legitimate contender the year after picking in the lottery anyway.
It's in the eye of the beholder...but, Speights and Horford arent true centers and Hibbert and Hawes are below average rebounders for the position. You can keep saying he's unproven because, it's pretty true. But he has the look of a complete all around true center and they're not easy to come by. It would have to depend on the situation for the team obviously, but fetching a really late lottery pick wouldnt totally out of the question. Especially if that was a team like the Thunder, a team that doesnt need that much of anything else. I'd agree that it would more likely be out of the lottery as was said earlier...but, late lottery is a possibility. My point to begin with, was that teams just dont value 1st round picks all that high, outside of the first few picks and early lottery. Also, if Gortat is traded for a 1st round pick around the trade deadline, that pick could easily fall into the lottery depending upon the team as well. Just and FYI, because that may be where he is dealt.

I'd also add...even though, I used them as an example, I wouldnt expect the Thunder to be a lottery team this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Can we all agree that the Kings are not among the worst in the NBA? Especially with a healthy Kevin Martin back, I could see them in the mix for anywhere between #8 (perfect world scenario) and #10 in the West. I expect some of the dice to roll against the Kings (so I assume the perfect world scenario to be unlikely) and the Kings probably end up as the team that wasn't ever really a playoff contender but the one that ends up #9 in the standings. Overall a very good improvement from 17 wins last season.

Your thoughts?
I've been able to catch the last pieces of the last two games online, and they're looking impressive. They're no where near the worst teams in the NBA (sorry Nets, kuhnicks and Wolves fans), but i don't think they're ready to be a #8 seed yet. The decision making on the offensive side needs to improve, A LOT. I noticed this a lot the past few games with Tyreke, he needs to learn how to avoid getting trapped on a double team. When he's getting a screen set up at the top of the 3pt line, his guy rolls right away, yet he allows himself to be doubled and he picks up his dribble. That's probably the worst thing he could do at that point, and he does it often. They allowed the Nets to come within 6-7 points a few times last night, and in one possession down the stretch he did that and turned the ball over.

Also, from the WTF camp, Beno Udrih is playing kinda really good. He's pretty good at moving the offense and making sure the ball is being passed to the open man. The K-Mart injury might be a blessing in disguise, it gives Beno more time at the point.

Random tidbit, but before the draft i kept saying that Tyreke reminded me A LOT of a young Dwyane Wade, and every time i see him play, i see it more. It's impressive how strong Evans is with the ball on his way to the basket. There was a few times yesterday where he was dribbling straight through the defense to go up and draw the foul. A lot of guys in the league wouldn't even be able to get off the ground with the ball, and Evans makes it look so easy.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What would the Nets have to do to be more pathetic than last year's Detroit Lions?
The worst record in history is 9-73 so I think the Nets would have to win 8 games or fewer.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

They may just do it. :/

Devin Harris and C Lee cant stay healthy and they still end up getting blown out when CDR and Bropez occasionally go off on the same night. I said earlier in the year, they looked like one of the worst teams I've watched in years but, I surely didnt expect them to be this bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...*sigh*....*sob*

If we get healthy, I think we can reach double digit wins!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suns are the best team in the NBA :D

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think this has been posted yet. Chris Bosh getting dunked on by Paul Pierce, with a little something extra as if being posterized isn't bad enough enough. Pierce got t'ed up, though I think it was for taunting Bosh afterwards.

Last edited by derza222 : 11-28-2009 at 05:29 PM.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They may just do it. :/

Devin Harris and C Lee cant stay healthy and they still end up getting blown out when CDR and Bropez occasionally go off on the same night. I said earlier in the year, they looked like one of the worst teams I've watched in years but, I surely didnt expect them to be this bad.
Lee is being a lazy piece of **** anyway and Devin Harris is inconsistent. Bropez should be enough to get them a win since he's playing all star basketball but he's got nothing to work with.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Lee is being a lazy piece of **** anyway and Devin Harris is inconsistent. Bropez should be enough to get them a win since he's playing all star basketball but he's got nothing to work with.
I dont know what is wrong with Lee...he only played 3 minutes last game, rotoworld suggested that he reaggravated his injury but, I havent heard anything.

He obviously doesnt want to be there, though. He was pissed when he got traded and I question how much work he actually put in this off season. He was ice cold to start the year, his shot didnt look nearly as good as it did when he was with us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-28-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, going from second best to worst will do that for ya.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pierce kneed Bosh in the balls...
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea Lee's looked like ****. He needs to get his attitude adjusted. Yea, we blow, suck it up. Bropez is manning up, carrying this team as much as one (2nd year player might I add) can. Harris is still hurt and needs to hit his rhythm. But then, when you're starting Josh Boone and Trenton Hassel with Bobby Simmons as a key reserve, you're kinda ******.

This team will build around Harris, Bropez, TWill, CDR. MAYBE Lee, but if he doesn't get his **** straight, I wouldn't be surprised if we dealt him, no joke. It's very unrealistic, but he needs to get healthy and adjust his attitude. He's in no hurry to get back
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ilyasova can play man...he would look good in a Magic uniform. :D

He's inconsistent but, when he's on, that's a dangerous man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-29-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Don't think this has been posted yet. Chris Bosh getting dunked on by Paul Pierce, with a little something extra as if being posterized isn't bad enough enough. Pierce got t'ed up, though I think it was for taunting Bosh afterwards.
he should enjoy the one ring he has. Too bad he'll never win another one.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
yea Lee's looked like ****. He needs to get his attitude adjusted. Yea, we blow, suck it up. Bropez is manning up, carrying this team as much as one (2nd year player might I add) can. Harris is still hurt and needs to hit his rhythm. But then, when you're starting Josh Boone and Trenton Hassel with Bobby Simmons as a key reserve, you're kinda ******.

This team will build around Harris, Bropez, TWill, CDR. MAYBE Lee, but if he doesn't get his **** straight, I wouldn't be surprised if we dealt him, no joke. It's very unrealistic, but he needs to get healthy and adjust his attitude. He's in no hurry to get back
At least your Nets have a better future set up. The Knicks maybe better at the moment, and have the better coach (thats my opinion, I don't know what has happened to the Lawrence Frank that took the Nets to the playoffs). The only way the Knicks are better is if the allure is enough to motivate a key FA to sign here (that and if we are able to get rid of Jeffries or Curry to sign another max FA).

What happened with Lee though, was supposed to be a productive player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I thought Lee would be second on that team in scoring. But he started off slow, then he's had two injuries, knee and now groin. So he missed 7 straight games, and then they tried to bring him back slowly off the bench but, supposedly he reaggravted the groin injury in each of the last two games.

All he has going for him this year is that he's been a stealing machine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-29-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur
Lee is sooooo lazy

How lazy is he?

He is so lazy, he can't even make a layup from 2 inches away to swing momentum in the Finals!

Anyway Nets won't set the record for all time losses, like all basketball teams, even dreadful ones, they are going through a bad stretch. They're still NBA players and they'll have enough shots fall eventually to get to double digit wins. and then they can cross their fingers and do the John Wall dance.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Lee is sooooo lazy

How lazy is he?

He is so lazy, he can't even make a layup from 2 inches away to swing momentum in the Finals!

Anyway Nets won't set the record for all time losses, like all basketball teams, even dreadful ones, they are going through a bad stretch. They're still NBA players and they'll have enough shots fall eventually to get to double digit wins. and then they can cross their fingers and do the John Wall dance.
eh, but we don't need Wall, which is the problem. Why couldn't Blake be in this draft? WHYYYYY?
Quote:
Old 11-29-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nets set to fire Lawrence Frank
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote