Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Cool story, how is that relevant?
That Kobe was just as relevant maybe even more so than shaq, in at least one of those championships.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
That Kobe was just as relevant maybe even more so than shaq, in at least one of those championships.
Kobe was still second fiddle when Shaq was there. After that Finals, he didn't want to be second fiddle. I am not saying Kobe wasn't relevant, I am saying he wasn't irreplaceable.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe was still second fiddle when Shaq was there. After that Finals, he didn't want to be second fiddle. I am not saying Kobe wasn't relevant, I am saying he wasn't irreplaceable.
As crazy as it sounds, I agree. Shaq was far and away the best big man in the NBA then. He was untouchable, dominant, unstoppable. Kobe played his role perfectly, but I think Shaq was 1 and Kobe 1A. I'm not sure I can buy into the T-Mac thought though.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
As crazy as it sounds, I agree. Shaq was far and away the best big man in the NBA then. He was untouchable, dominant, unstoppable. Kobe played his role perfectly, but I think Shaq was 1 and Kobe 1A. I'm not sure I can buy into the T-Mac thought though.
That T-Mac could have replaced him? Brought up in LA with Phil and Shaq, I really don't think there would have been a noticeable gap between them. There obviously isn't a way to measure this, but just imagine if T-Mac had played with Phil and Shaq rather than Vince ******* Carter. I really think the Lakers could have gone 3-peat with T-Mac instead of Kobe.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2010, 01:56 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awwww lets talk about the Thunder and how awesome they can be if they had _________ (insert big man here)

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaq was deff option #1, he should of won multiple MVPs but Steve Nash was given them because of the system and the excitement it created. Nash has put up basically the same numbers every year except during the Terry Porter fiasco but hasn't even been mentioned as a possible MVP because of the system's proven Playoff limitations

Last edited by fenikz : 06-22-2010 at 02:07 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:10 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Shaq was deff option #1, he should of won multiple MVPs but Steve Nash was given them because of the system and the excitement it created. Nash has put up basically the same numbers every year except during the Terry Porter fiasco but hasn't even been mentioned as a possible MVP because of the system's proven Playoff limitations
i dunno whos drafting for the Suns but they've had some studs at PG in previous years.

Old 06-22-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
i dunno whos drafting for the Suns but they've had some studs at PG in previous years.
Don't forget they drafted Rondo too but traded him on draft day.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Don't forget they drafted Rondo too but traded him on draft day.
yeah he was the main one i was thinking about. didn't they have nate robinson as well?

Old 06-22-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and Loul Deng and Rudy Fernandez and who ever the Thunder pick this year, all traded to cut salary

Steve Nash
Joe Johnson(drafted as a PG)
Leandro Barbosa
Goran Dragic

he is a wrap up of all our cheap trades
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/080501

Last edited by fenikz : 06-22-2010 at 02:24 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 02:29 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and Loul Deng and Rudy Fernandez and who ever the Thunder pick this year, all traded to cut salary

Steve Nash
Joe Johnson(drafted as a PG)
Leandro Barbosa
Goran Dragic

he is a wrap up of all our cheap trades
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/080501
That article must just kill you. The irony is they try to save all this money yet they never want to use that money they have saved to use on a big contract.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:57 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cool story, how is that relevant?
Do you not listen to anyone else? Its like youre so set on your opinion that if anyone says anything different you go bonkers.

If we think Kobe is the best and you dont, leave it at that. Dont go on this rampage telling this guy hes an idiot and this guy hes an idiot, just read the comment and move on. Going on this big long thing about how if you replaced Kobe with this guy or this guy, and saying they would have still won 3? You cant say that because you cant go back in time. So we have to assume its total bull ****. Kobe was just as big of a part in those championships as anyone else, and like I said in a post earlier, probably shouldve won at lease 1 MVP in those 3.

Meaningless posts like "Cool story, how is that relevant?" do nothing more than just make you look like a tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:13 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be surprised if we end up with Danny Granger and only one of Jefferson/Love by the time the draft is over.
Old 06-22-2010, 04:28 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I would not be surprised if we end up with Danny Granger and only one of Jefferson/Love by the time the draft is over.
not exactly a horrible consolation.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:29 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That would be unbelievable, but I don't see Indiana dealing him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 05:59 AM    (permalink
fast_10
Rookie

fast_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.fast_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

its fact the suns have drafted the best team that never played together
fast_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:08 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

PG Nash - Rondo - Dragic
SG JJ - Barbosa
SF Deng - Rudy
PF Marion - Amar'e
C Amar'e - Fropez

Last edited by fenikz : 06-22-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:07 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Do you not listen to anyone else? Its like youre so set on your opinion that if anyone says anything different you go bonkers.

If we think Kobe is the best and you dont, leave it at that. Dont go on this rampage telling this guy hes an idiot and this guy hes an idiot, just read the comment and move on. Going on this big long thing about how if you replaced Kobe with this guy or this guy, and saying they would have still won 3? You cant say that because you cant go back in time. So we have to assume its total bull ****. Kobe was just as big of a part in those championships as anyone else, and like I said in a post earlier, probably shouldve won at lease 1 MVP in those 3.

Meaningless posts like "Cool story, how is that relevant?" do nothing more than just make you look like a tool.
Cool story, bro.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 06-22-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Truth.

Yeah I think Pippen would be a lot harder to replace than Kobe would have been. Rodman is a stud.

You really don't ever reply with anything useful, do you? I may not have provided evidence, but I would have if iowatreat hadn't done so already. My thoughts have tangible thoughts involved, rather than just homeristic quips that just you just write as soon as you think of it without any second thought.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:20 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that and his complete inability/refusal to play defense. I still can't believe they gave him back-to-back MVPs. And I love Steve Nash.

The Kobe argument in pointless, too. At least until he retires. Bill Simmons actually wrote a bit on Kobe for his Finals preview, and I thought it summed up what was at stake for him perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
Allow me to play devil's advocate to the whole "Kobe's Never Been Better" argument: His past two series (admittedly fantastic: 33-6-7, 52 percent FG, 39 percent 3FG) happened against the ideal opponents for him. Neither Utah (an average defensive team) nor Phoenix (below-average) had shot-blockers, nor did either team have the frontcourt depth to knock him down every time he drove. Defensively, he didn't have to waste energy defending anyone, allowing him to reserve his legs for offense. In the Finals? He'll have to play both ends. He'll have to defend Rondo or Allen. And he will get knocked down.

Playing "angel's advocate" to the same argument: It was the finest stretch of all-around basketball we've seen from him in nine years -- since he and Shaq combined to eviscerate San Antonio and Sacramento in 2001 (Kobe: 34-8-6, 49.5 percent FG, eight straight wins) -- and the degree of difficulty of some of his buckets had to be seen to be believed. Hell, these were the same shots he bricked in the 2004 Finals, only this time, they were going in. Again and again. By the end of that Phoenix series, his confidence/swagger was a 9.8 on the MJ Scale. If he remains at that level and upends the 2010 Celtics, here's what happens to him historically:

• By any calculation, he passes Oscar and Jerry and becomes the third-best guard ever (trailing only Jordan and Magic).

• In my book, I had him ranked No. 15 as a Level Four guy. Last season's title moved him to Level Five; I thought he'd move into the top eight if the Lakers made the Finals again. Which they did. But if they win again? Now we have to talk about Duncan's No. 7 spot. And that argument comes down to this: (A) Can Kobe pass Duncan even though, from 1997 to 2007, there is no way in hell that San Antonio would have considered a Kobe-for-Duncan offer? (B) Would you rather have had the best power forward of all time or the third-best guard of all time? And (C) how can we reconcile Kobe's winning 35, 45 and 42 games in the prime of his career (2005-07) when Duncan managed 57-63 wins every season despite some similarly shaky supporting casts (2001 and 2002 in particular)? Sorry, I'm still taking Duncan. But if Kobe gets to six rings, enjoys one more MVP-caliber season and starts approaching some career landmarks (such as 35,000 points), I think the argument shifts.

• He still can't touch Magic, who could have played with Zac Efron as his shooting guard and still won 50-plus games. (Same for Bird, Jordan, Russell and Kareem, by the way). But going back to the longevity thing: Magic played only 12 seasons (not counting his ill-fated comeback in '96), whereas Kobe just banked his 14th … and he's still going strong. Yeah, it's still not an argument, but you're also not getting laughed out of the room anymore.

• He will never be greater than Jordan. So drop that thought. Hell, even that 10-game stretch we just witnessed wouldn't have cracked Jordan's top-10 playoff hot streaks. But still … he can beat Jordan on years. Let's say Kobe enjoys two more top-5 MVP seasons, then settles into a "Duncan 2009/2010" type phase for the next two, then he's washed up. The sheer volume of numbers will add up: rings, All-NBAs, All-Star appearances, points scored, games played -- it will be like nothing we've ever seen. At the very least, it will be a debate. And I will get angry and tell you to shut up, and that we need to stop comparing people to Jordan, but still, it's a debate. And there's going to come a point when someone can ask the question, "If you were starting a team and could have either guy for his entire career, would you rather take MJ from 1984 to 2003 (with the five missed years of games thrown in) or Kobe from 1997 to 2016 (with 0 missed years of games thrown in)?"

So those are the stakes for Kobe Bean Bryant. A fifth ring gets the ball rolling on every argument you just read. It's certainly been a startling transformation the past three years, when he remade his career in the late stages of his prime thanks to a fortuitous trade and a breathtaking amount of hard work. He's the toughest player in the league. He spends the most time on his game. He has the best footwork of anyone. He plays the hardest. He only cares about getting better and keeping what he already earned. He has learned to trust his teammates -- not totally, but enough. I'm not sure I would have enjoyed playing with Kobe Bryant, but I certainly will remember watching him.

And with all of that said … he still hasn't beaten the Boston Celtics.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...2&sportCat=nba

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 06-22-2010 at 11:40 AM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that probably clinches it

edit- lmao wrong thread. meant to put this in world cup discussion

Last edited by Michigan : 06-22-2010 at 11:33 AM.
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Well that and his complete inability/refusal to play defense. I still can't believe they gave him back-to-back MVPs. And I love Steve Nash.

The Kobe argument in pointless, too. At least until he retires. Bill Simmons actually wrote a bit on Kobe for his Finals preview, and I thought it summed up what was at stake for him perfectly.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...2&sportCat=nba
Refusal to play defense? Nash tries his absolute best on defense, and does as well as he possibly can with his limitations, so don't try to say he doesn't put in effort.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Refusal to play defense? Nash tries his absolute best on defense, and does as well as he possibly can with his limitations, so don't try to say he doesn't put in effort.
Meh...he's gotten much better under Gentry, but D'antoni pretty much coached the Suns to not play defense on purpose so the opposition would jack shots up and create more possessions for Phoenix.

Either way, somebody that limited on defense had no business winning back-to-back MVPs. I'll buy the first one, as his only clear-cut competition was Shaq. The second year, Kobe, Lebron, Dirk, and Wade were all just as deserving.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soo...if Pierce opts out of his contract can the C's sign a max player then re-sign Pierce? They'd be at ~$57m if Wallace retires.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/22/m...or-chris-paul/

The Orlando Magic are serious about trading for Chris Paul.

__________________________________________________ _______________

As a casual fan of the Hornets (a more serious fan of the Thunder), I wouldn't mind shopping Paul. Darren Collison showed a lot last year and should only continue to develop. The Hornets need a youth movement and trading Paul would provide that. I don't think he will be the same after the knee injury (he is already having a slower than expected recovery) and with Collison's emergence would provide a smooth transition over.
The Hornets might possible trade him, as well as Emeka Okafor, due to the change in ownership which is taking longer due to both sides arguing over the amount of debt the new owner will incur. If a trade went through, I would like to get some bigs out of the deal. Marcin Gortat and Brandon Bass plus two firsts would be fine by me.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote