Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2010, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I agree with the Nets owner on saying that if LeBron joins a super team, it dimishes the LeBron brand.

Then again, I don't think LeBron can win it without another player on the level of Bosh, Boozer, Stoudemire, etc,.
I completely agree that he definitely needs a great side kick, like Gasol in LA or Pippen in Chicago. No one can win it by themselves, no matter how good.

To heighten his brand he will need NBA Championships.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I agree with the Nets owner on saying that if LeBron joins a super team, it dimishes the LeBron brand.
of course he is going to say that, he doesnt want LeBron to sign with a team that isnt his.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DWADE AND BOSH!!!!!! Don't be stupid LBJ come win 5 straight championships.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
of course he is going to say that, he doesnt want LeBron to sign with a team that isnt his.
hush.

a team of Harris-TWIll-LBJ-Boozer-Bropez would be pure sex. if this happens, jizzing in pants will occur by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should just go to the Clippers.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

all these teams getting stacked is interesting; if too much talent condenses to a handful of teams, we are going to see some even more abysmal team records than we are now.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
hush.

a team of Harris-TWIll-LBJ-Boozer-Bropez would be pure sex. if this happens, jizzing in pants will occur by me
I don't think think Lebron thinks of Harris and Lopez the same way Nets fans do.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I don't think think Lebron thinks of Harris and Lopez the same way Nets fans do.
I dont think anyone does, not just lebron

Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont think anyone does, not just lebron
He seems to have made it clear he wants to play with another star. That leaves the Bulls, Knicks, and Miami. And I just can't him going to Miami with Bosh and Wade. What kind of challenge would that be?
Old 07-07-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose-LeBron-Deng-Boozer-Noah.

Championships.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baron Davis - Eric Gordon - LeBron - Blake Griffin - Kaman.

Playoffs!

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

maybe not Harris, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the league see Lopez as a top 10 center after just his 2nd year. He's got star potential, and could easily be top 5 center after this year.

Also, the nets have money to bring in LBJ and Boozer/Lee Juggy. you're a little off by totally ruling the nets out
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 1 hour T.V. special? Well LeBron sure as hell isn't helping his reputation that he cares more about being the superstar MVP icon than winning championships. I will laugh so much if he ends up going to Miami and doesn't even invite Wade and Bosh to his special.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
maybe not Harris, but I'm pretty sure the majority of the league see Lopez as a top 10 center after just his 2nd year. He's got star potential, and could easily be top 5 center after this year.

Also, the nets have money to bring in LBJ and Boozer/Lee Juggy. you're a little off by totally ruling the nets out
I also don't think Lebron really considers Boozer/Lee as nearly as good of an option as the other teams can offer. Didn't him and Boozer not really hit it off anyway in the year they played together? On July 1st I would have put the Nets ahead of the Knicks in the Lebron sweepstakes, but I think that has reversed. Whether or not people think Amare deserved that deal or not, Lebron perceives him to be a top player. Or at least that's what most have been led to believe.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If LeBron ends up signing in Miami, damn a whole bunch of guys are about to get overpaid.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I could be 100% wrong but I though Lebron really wanted Boozer to stay in Cleveland. again, I could be totally wrong. But I think, Lebron could be pretty enticed by a post game of Boozer and Bropez. I feel that'd be equal to Rose...but if the Bulls get Boozer and LBJ, well that'd be insane.
Quote:
Old 07-07-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hush.

You havent signed boozer just yet have you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I predicted this way back when, but who are the 1-2 FAs that Chicago is going to be left with and overpay for?

I say David Lee and idk who else at SG. I wouldn't hate signing Lee, but it's the fact that we are going to probably give him close to a max contract just because we can since everyone else is going elsewhere. Well done, Bulls. I knew you had it in you.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

It's funny to think of but had the Nets won the lottery since they had the highest chance and got John Wall, LeBron and say Bosh or Stat would already be Nets. And then the Nets could have turned Devin Harris into a Caron Butler or someone of that caliber.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If LeBron ends up signing in Miami, damn a whole bunch of guys are about to get overpaid.
I don't see how LeBron doesn't go to Miami now that Bosh and Wade are going there.

Riley already got the big man that DWade needed to make the Heat contenders again in little to no time. If LeBron stays in Cleveland, who are they going to get? He'll have to beat the Heat without any talent surrounding him (yet again), so that's why I think he's got to sign with them. Plus, it'd be a very interesting scenario to see the three guys together. Anyone think that such a trifecta of egos could explode?

As for the Heat, if the Bosh agreement is through a sign-and-trade, I'm assuming Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley are involved, so who does the team have left?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So I predicted this way back when, but who are the 1-2 FAs that Chicago is going to be left with and overpay for?

I say David Lee and idk who else at SG. I wouldn't hate signing Lee, but it's the fact that we are going to probably give him close to a max contract just because we can since everyone else is going elsewhere. Well done, Bulls. I knew you had it in you.
Guys who may get overpaid now from various teams who lost out:

Raymond Felton, Josh Howard, Mike Miller, Travis Outlaw, Udonis Haslem, Brendan Haywood. Call me crazy but I see Haslem signing something like a 5 year/40 mil deal somewhere.

Old 07-07-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eeeeeeexactly.

Per Rotoworld.

ESPN's Chris Broussard, who broke the Chris Bosh - Dwyane Wade-to-Miami story, called the Miami Heat the 'clear frontrunner' to land LeBron James.
Broussard also said he might change his mind in an hour, and that he still didn't know if LeBron was going to Miami or not. Broussard has been as connected as anyone to what's going on in free agency, and while nothing is set in stone, this is just another piece of LeBron news that is going to make the city of Cleveland lose sleep on Wednesday night.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:46 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
I don't see how LeBron doesn't go to Miami now that Bosh and Wade are going there.

Riley already got the big man that DWade needed to make the Heat contenders again in little to no time. If LeBron stays in Cleveland, who are they going to get? He'll have to beat the Heat without any talent surrounding him (yet again), so that's why I think he's got to sign with them. Plus, it'd be a very interesting scenario to see the three guys together. Anyone think that such a trifecta of egos could explode?

As for the Heat, if the Bosh agreement is through a sign-and-trade, I'm assuming Mario Chalmers and Michael Beasley are involved, so who does the team have left?
Toronto has said they don't want Beasley at all. Not that it couldn't have changed if they realized Bosh was going to leave and took whatever they could get. I'd assume a 1st rounder or two will be included, and some sort of trade exemption maybe.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we know yet if Bosh was a sign and trade or just a sign? Cause if it was a s&t idk if they can pay both Wade and LeBron max. At this point, LeBron has 2 options NY or Miami.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

If LeBron does end up in Miami, I think the one guy down the road who could get disgruntled is Chris Bosh. He'll always be the 3rd wheel and might not always get consistent touches down low. If they are winning championships he'll be fine but I have a feeling if they get eliminated and the media is all over them Bosh could crack. It's obvious Bosh wants to be a superstar and tries to market himself as such, but no matter what he does he's always 3rd wheel. As for the Heat they should bring back Haslem but his pricetag will easily be 30-40 mil so that's probably not worth it since he'll have to play center. As of now all the Heat have are their 2nd round rookies. DaSean Butler, Dexter Pittman, and Jarvis Varnado.