Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Nah, CP3 and Dwight will find their way to Miami as well and we will start the olympic starting 5 as our starting 5.
keep dreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Didn't Kobe take take the easy way out? why didn't he say no I don't want RonRon, Gasol or Odom on my team cause i'm pretty sure all of them have been all-stars before

@sweetness Kareem was their before Magic
Touche'. Well then, I wouldn't really call that "hoarding talent." Kareem was already there and they drafted Magic. That's a little different than the Miami situation.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I agreed with Bill Simmons about, can we stop with this "Chris Bosh is a superstar" thing. He is a very good, all-star player, but a superstar he is not. In our top-10 NBA players rankings very few of us even put him in the top-10. Not only that, but his name recognition is very low. He is a complimentary piece to Wade and James.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
keep dreamin
No one awoke me from this one yet. Wade and Bosh were really nice, but getting LeBron, I might need to make sure...... When can I order a LeBron jersey?
Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
One thing I agreed with Bill Simmons about, can we stop with this "Chris Bosh is a superstar" thing. He is a very good, all-star player, but a superstar he is not. In our top-10 NBA players rankings very few of us even put him in the top-10. Not only that, but his name recognition is very low. He is a complimentary piece to Wade and James.
A very, very, very good complimentary piece. He's still one of the best 4's in the game and he'll only get better.

Pau isn't a top 10 player either but look at what he was able to do for the Lakers. He completely put them over the top. Bosh, to me is the same type of player and then you add James. Good Lord.

Arguably the two best players in the game + at least a top 20 player (maybe 15).

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really love the Heat's small lineup:

Mario Chalmers
Dwayne Wade
Mike Miller
LeBron James
Chris Bosh

They could run that against pretty much anyone other than Orlando or LA (when Bynum is healthy) to great effect.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:20 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I really love the Heat's small lineup:

Mario Chalmers
Dwayne Wade
Mike Miller
LeBron James
Chris Bosh

They could run that against pretty much anyone other than Orlando or LA (when Bynum is healthy) to great effect.
They will end up needing more length eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

That starting 5 will not only run against anyone, it will destroy anyone. It's just when you get to the bench and lack of depth where they could have some serious trouble.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Which is why they should be on the phone right now to pick up a veteran, defensive Center. Someone who can bang down low and have fouls to give.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:22 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, what if one of them gets injured....that will be bad.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:25 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

This team will either be the next dynasty or it will blow up in their faces. I don't think there's any in between here. Their egos will mesh or they won't.

Quote:
Old 07-09-2010, 02:44 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
T-Mac may take the minimum to win a title. I remember him saying that if the Knicks brought in LeBron and another max free agent, he would take the veterans minimum.
T-Mac's gonna join the Heat? Better scrap that Championship now, they won't even get out of the first round with the T-Mac Playoff Curse around...
Old 07-09-2010, 04:24 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FA isn't over yet but who do you think is the worst team now

Cavs have to be the worst

Williams - Gibson - Telfair
Parker
Moon - Green - Eyenga
Jamison - Hickson - Powe
Varejo
Old 07-09-2010, 04:34 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

Parker JJ Reddick?
Moon - Green - Eyenga
Jamison - Hickson - Powe
Varejo
fixed it!!!

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:09 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
FA isn't over yet but who do you think is the worst team now

Cavs have to be the worst

Parker
Moon - Green - Eyenga
Jamison - Hickson - Powe
Varejo
I think that this looks a lot better if you shift Jamison down.

PG: Mo Williams - Boobie Gibson
SG: Anthony Parker
SF: Antwan Jamison - Jamario Moon
PF: JJ Hickson - Leon Powe
C: Anderson Verejao

And add in a signing somewhere along the lineup.

I personally don't think it's as bad as people are saying. Pretty athletic lineup, with Williams/ Jamison/ Hickson all having the potential to approach 20 points per game.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:15 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toronto without Bosh maybe?

Jack - Calderon
Weems - Derozan - Belinelli
Wright - Turkoglu
Johnson - Davis - Evans
Bargnani - Alabi

Suns minus Amar'e?

Nash - Dragic - Reynolds
Richardson - Barbosa - Reynolds
Hill - Dudley - Clark - Griffen
Warrick - Clark - Lawal - Collins
Fropez - Frye - Collins

Last edited by fenikz : 07-09-2010 at 05:19 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:33 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's unbelievable how many people can so quickly hate Lebron because he didn't choose their team. At least Forenci didn't fall into that lame trap, it's funny as hell to read some of these comments.

The problem was most of you got so attached to making yourself believe Lebron was coming to your city now you hate him for not choosing your favorite team lol.
Not me.

I was fine with him signing with Cleveland, New York, Chicago, or New Jersey.

He just chose the most pathetic option. LeVag!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:38 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SOME THOUGHTS

Lebron could salvage his namesake by doing several things:

Thank the fans of Cleveland, Ohio etc. He has yet to do so. (though some may argue that he did imply it in his interview) Amare sent out a twitter last week thanking his fans in Phoenix for their loyal support and Love. Shaq bought a two page ad out from the Los Angeles Times following his trade from the Lakers, in a heartfelt sincere letter to all his fans. Hmm wouldn't hurt to thank his teammates coaches and the cavs organization.

Donate Money to Cleveland! donate a large sum of money for them to build community centers, and child centers etc. People will talk about his humanitarian efforts more than anything, Cleveland will forgive him. Before KG became a giant douche he donated 12 MILLION dollars to Hurricane Katrina Relief on the Oprah show. That is a HUGE amount of money.

Win! If he could win a **** load of championships, July 8, 2010 will be forgotten by everyone except Cleveland fans. Lebron's fans will be back on his side.

================================================== ==

Dan Gilbert: The dude acted out of rash emotion. You cant fault him for that. He's never experienced anything of this magnitude. He lost his most valuable asset.

Lebron vs. Kobe: this debate is going to get interesting. before it was Lebron had no help now as Kumar would put it It's like we went from being completely poor to being millionaires. If he doesn't win with this stacked team then what. (for the record, I think he'll win multiple championships, like a lot.) His legacy is tarnished a bit and in my opinion wont ever reach MJ status. Don't get mad at me for this one Lebron fans: Unlike Kobe, MJ, and Magic he won't end his career on the same team he started. When you think of individual great players most (not all) stayed on their respective teams and essentially did the house that so and so built. Lebron won't have that luxury.

What this says about Lebron: This proves that Money, fame and noteriety is not the main factor in his life. Winning is. However, it also shows that Lebron doesn't believe he could win a title being that much better than whoever #2 is. I don't know if this was ever a factor but I always thought Kobe would get bothered by people saying Lebron is better, maybe Lebron was bothered by people saying Kobe was better?

One Question: Will Lebron take his whole Chalk throw routine to Miami? You may think it's a stupid question but this simple act I think will define whether Lebron sees this as his team or Wade's team. What do you guys think?

Last edited by soybean : 07-09-2010 at 05:46 AM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:40 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Minnesota should be in the discussion if only based on inexperience

Flynn - Sessions
Brewer - Ellington
Webster - Wilkins- Pavlovic
Love
Darko - Jefferson
Their bench is awful so no point listing it.

Compliments of TACKLE

Last edited by TheBoyWonder22 : 07-09-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 05:45 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
One Question: Will Lebron take his whole Chalk throw routine to Miami? You may think it's a stupid question but this simple act I think will define whether Lebron sees this as his team or Wade's team. What do you guys think?
I can't imagine him doing it. It would seem very awkward and I don't think the Heat fans would get into that as much. I think until they start winning, he's going to regret the decision. I wish him the best though.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 07-09-2010, 05:47 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

Sure, he might win multiple titles down there but no one will respect them as much as they would had he stayed or gone to a team where he was the man. But, titles are titles and this is the way he feels he can get the most and I guess that's what matters to him.

I loved what Simmons said earlier in his write-up.

"LeBron had 3 choices in my opinion. Winning (Chicago). Loyalty (Cleveland). Immortality (New York). I never thought he would've chosen "Help." Bahahahaha.

I personally think it's a joke he signed with the Heat. Had he gone elsewhere than Cleveland (like New York or New Jersey) I really wouldn't have batted an eye and would have respected him for taking a challenge. Instead he takes the easy way out by joining two of the games elite players. Plus it would've made the East a lot more interesting had he stayed away from South Beach (with the improvements of Chicago, New York along with Boston, Orlando and Atlanta).

"The Chosen One." What a load of **** that is. I have a funny feeling that this will blow up in his face. Either that or the Heat are going to dominate for the next 5 years. :D

/end rant
This post is full of win... I agree all the way, and Simmons echos my thoughts perfectly.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:08 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You stay classy, Ohio.

I thought Dan Gilbert's little temper tantrum was hilarious and also incredibly moronic.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:15 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I thought it was awesome.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:20 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't read the whole eleventy gazillion pages from last night, but I do find it somewhat surprising that people are blasting the guy for wanting to win championships.

1. There's no "easy" way to win championships, so that argument is ******* moronic. At the end of the day, there are still some good teams who could knock Miami off.

2. Athletes who take more money instead of the opportunity to win championships generally get lambasted by everyone. Now, a guy leaves a lot of money on the table to try to win championships and he gets blasted? Tell me, what the **** should a player do?

3. People act like James ****** Cleveland. That's beyond idiotic. They had seven ************* years to get him help. How can you look LeBron in the face and say, "yeah, we'll build a championship-caliber team around you in the next couple years,"? YOU HAD SEVEN ******* YEARS TO DO IT. All they did was continually surround him with **** players and you want to blame the guy for wanting to play with a top-5 player and a top-20 player?

4. Dan Gilbert is a ******* tool. That was the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen out of an owner. Also, do you really think you're going to win a title before LBJ? Really? With what players? Boobie Gibson? Antawn Jamison? Anderson ******* Varejao? Gee, I can't imagine why LeBron would rather play with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh when he could play with these studs.

5. If it ***** over the state of Ohio, it is good for the world. Cleveland fans are just bitter because their team returns to being irrelevant.

No, I don't watch basketball like the regulars in here do and most people will probably read my post (Ha, I got you to read this whole thing!) and think, "what a ******* idiot", but I really can't fault LeBron for wanting to win.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:38 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the way this whole thing unfolded was extremely bizarre.

As a basketball decision it makes a lot of sense and can't really be faulted. It shows that what he cares about most is winning championships. It doesn't matter if he's the guy, or it affects his legacy etc because he is hoping this will bring him multiple rings. This would be considered a humble, intelligent decision.

However, everything leading up to this is a complete contradiction to humble. Numerous teams(through no fault of Lebron's) deliberitely constructed their cap space to have a chance at getting him and possibly one other max guy in free agency. And because of this he was able to create a media frenzy, based around him, which has never been seen before and likely will never again.

I would just like to say I have no problem with this if he goes to the Knicks or the Nets etc. In fact, the Nets pitch to him was all about boasting his 'brand' and appealing to his massive ego. Had he gone there it shows he is extremely narcissistic and egomaniacal which pretty much everyone already knows.

The whole keeping teams in the dark about his plans and having a one hour special to announce his decision also shows just how much he likes to feed his ego.

So why go to Miami???

If he goes to the Knicks and wins with Amar'e, it would be Lebron who won it with his help.
If he goes to the Bulls with Rose, Noah and Boozer and wins it, it would be Lebron and his supporting cast.
If he stays in Cleveland and wins it, he is the loyal hometown hero.
If he goes to New Jersey, it's Lebron.

All of these options seem to be the best fit for his ego. All os these options would be the selfish approach. The me first approach.

Best case for his legacy if he wins multiple titles in Miami is he is 1a to Wade's 1b. He will be looked at as a guy who couldn't carry a team to a championship.

By joining Miami he has given himself the best chance to win. At the end of the day that is the most important thing. However the decision just goes against everything he has done in the recent and not-so-recent past.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote