Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-09-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Out of curiosity, why isn't Dwyane Wade being ripped for not signing with his hometown team?
Because Wade made his name in the city of Miami and won a championship there. Wade grew up in Chicago, then went to play ball in Milwaukee, then played seven years in Miami. Not really the same as Lebron's situation, being in one state his whole life.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, why isn't Dwyane Wade being ripped for not signing with his hometown team?
Completely different circumstances.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he ripped Chicago earlier in the year and has made his name away from home. He really doesn't seem like a Chicagoan anymore.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'm more of a casual fan, so I apologize if I'm not as wise as you. :D
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Because he ripped Chicago earlier in the year and has made his name away from home. He really doesn't seem like a Chicagoan anymore.
Exactly. There was no chance of him going to Chicago, especially in the middle of an ugly divorce.

People don't realize how much money no state income tax saves for the guys to play in FL. When you make that much money, around 40% of it goes to taxes, depending on where you play. If you make $20 million a year, I'd much rather get to keep, say, $16 million of it as opposed to just $12 million or so.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still maintain, though, that LBJ doesn't owe Cleveland or the state of Ohio anything. It's a business decision. They had seven years to put a competent team around him and failed to do so. They can say that they would have, but Miami, Chicago, and New York actually put their words into action. Yeah, it sucks for Cleveland fans, but honestly, the guy doesn't owe them ****. I didn't like the interview idea, but I'm not going to rip a guy for wanting rings.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta ask, why is it cowardice for LeBron to go to Miami to win a ring or a few but it was long overdue for KG to get a legitimate chance at a ring by approving a trade to Boston?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right Snipey, there's no reason to rip on him for wanting to win. If he becomes a winner, i'll tone down my hate for him a little, because i respect the fact that he's willing to put his ego (even though it's the size of the unvierse) aside for the sake of winning. I still think he's a giant douchenozzle, and i'm not gonna lie, i'd kinda be happy if he failed, or if he completely choked in the playoffs and Wade pulled them through. But he doesn't owe Cleveland or the Cavaliers dick, and they deserve to rot at the bottom of the standings for the rest of eternity.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, like I said I couldn't care less that he's teaming up with Wade and Bosh. It's not exactly a stupid decision. But the way he basically treated Cleveland (the team) on his way out is just him acting like a POS. He's an immature egomaniac. At least have the decency to notify your former team you aren't coming back. And it's not like he didn't know until he went on air. He knew, for how long idk.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a couple of thoughts...

remember when USA almost lost to Spain in the Olympics? Yeah our leading scorers Wade and LeBron looked lost. Enter Kobe to save the day.

this is the Ultimate test of the Ewing Theory for Cleveland and Toronto.

my friend Tony accurately compared this to Star War's Episode III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D
Only thing that relates to Lebron clearly comes from Star Wars episode III. Anakin (Lebron) was sick of not getting the respect that he felt he deserved from the other jedi's (Great players with championship rings) even though he was the most bad ass Jedi around. So Lebron was seduced by Chancellor Palpatine (Pat Riley...) and the sith's (Wade and Bosh). Goodnight y'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I'm assuming it is because he is simply staying with the team that he has been on his whole career.

Now would it have been different if James was never a Cavalier and spurned a chance to return "home" and join the Cavs a la Wade passing on the Bulls? I tend to think James was going to get bashed regardless of what he did simply because a lot of people don't like him as he does seemingly come as a bit of egomaniac. (Not unlike basically every superstar to be fair).

I'll admit that it is hard for me to be completely impartial as I have never really cared for James after he publicly stated he wanted to become the first billionaire athlete. I realize it has zero bearing on my life and truly don't feel jealous or anything along those lines, but for whatever reason it just rubbed me the wrong way.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I gotta ask, why is it cowardice for LeBron to go to Miami to win a ring or a few but it was long overdue for KG to get a legitimate chance at a ring by approving a trade to Boston?
Because Lebron NEEDS A CHALLENGE!!!!!!!! HE NEEDS A CHALLENGE!!!!!! And any other team would have been that challenge, including Chicago. When Michael Jordan won six championships, he won them with a bunch of cartoons that were under four feet tall. When Bill Russell won his nearly dozen championships, it was with the team formerly known as the Washington Generals. Magic Johnson won with a team consisting of the cast of the movie Bad New Bears. Can you name one good player Shaquille O'Neal or Kobe Bryant ever won a championship with? THOSE were challenges.

But Miami is no challenge, and therefore, Lebron sucks and any championships he WON'T win are null and void. He did it for the less money than he would get elsewhere and the non-loyalty he has to his non-friends.

Makes perfect sense.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think now, with all the evidence before us, it was clear LeBron wanted no part of Cleveland:
  • He didn't return Dan Gilbert's calls/texts.
  • He always wore Yankee hats to CLE-NY post-season games, he wore Cowboys hats to Browns games. He is an Akron guy, he was never and never pretended to be a Cleveland guy.
  • In his "DECISION" show he made no attempt to thank the fans or organization, far from it.
  • His refusal to meet with Tom Izzo was the biggest sign he wasn't coming back. I said it then and it was a huge sign as to what his intentions were.
  • Delonte West banged his mom, nuff said.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we are all quitnesses hehehehehehe
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron is a front runner. Yanks and Cowboys fan and now joins Wade and Bosh.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he'll probably get a title...but having to join Wade and Bosh to do it will tarnish his legacy compared to winning one as the alpha male like he wouldve been in Cleveland, Chicago, or New York. It hurts the "lebron brand" as it was put by some NBA exec recently.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His return to Cleveland will be the... wait for it.... Return of the King.

(see what I did there?)

Old 07-09-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
he'll probably get a title...but having to join Wade and Bosh to do it will tarnish his legacy compared to winning one as the alpha male like he wouldve been in Cleveland, Chicago, or New York. It hurts the "lebron brand" as it was put by some NBA exec recently.
Not true. He's going to have be pretty damn good to offset Playoff Chris Bosh.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post

No way. People can say that and believe that now all they want to. But in 30 years when people look back and reflect on it, all that will be remembered are the facts that he was a phenomenal player and he won a few championships(if he indeed does). Besides, nobody technically even knows who is going to lead the team, maybe it would if Wade is scoring 30 ppg and closing games and Lebron is scoring 20 standing around watching, but I doubt that'll be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Not true. He's going to have be pretty damn good to offset Playoff Chris Bosh.

Even if the Heat add a few more pieces to their supporting cast, other than Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller, they will still have a tough time against LA if Bynum is healthy.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

A guy in the office I'm at just compared this to Malone and Payton leaving their teams to join Kobe and Shaq in LA.

Yup.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Even if the Heat add a few more pieces to their supporting cast, other than Mario Chalmers, Mike Miller, they will still have a tough time against LA if Bynum is healthy.
Yeah, I still like the Lakers as the class of the NBA. The Heat's top three is unmatched, but the Lakers' depth and length is far superior.
Old 07-09-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone wants the best players to represent their country, and this is where this idea started with these 3. They enjoyed playing with each other, were drafted in the same class, and want to win together. Everyone almost wants this to blow up in their faces, but frankly I feel that they'll make it work for the best. Don't know if that means rings, but its better then being three big fish in three small ponds.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Thats a broken record that really needs to change.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How LeBron handled the whole situation was really stupid, but I can't fault LeBron for leaving for a better situation.

HOWEVER, this move takes him out of the race for GOAT. He's going to Dwyane Wade's team, in Wade's city where he is a god. Wade has been a clutch player since his rookie year. LeBron no longer has to have the ball in his hands at the end of the game.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote