Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He goes to Cleveland and they would have been the 4th best team in the East. He would show that winning doesn't matter to him.

He goes to NY and he is in the 3rd best team in the East. Playing there only because he loves "fame" and money.

He goes to Chicago and is in the best team in the East, but it is Derrick Rose's team and Michael Jordan's city.

Maybe he should have gone to the Clippers, then he would be respected!
Spare me the sympathy. He has brought a lot of the criticism on himself with his "witness" campaign, proclaiming himself to be "the chosen one," "The Decision,"etc. A lot of "look at me" antics.

It wasn't just the decision he made, it was how he handled it as well. I still disagree with his choice to join the Heat, but it's not my decision. Whether or not I agree with it is a moot point.

LeBron did say in an interview that he didn't want to do it anyone else's way. He wanted to do it his way. Well, he succeeded because this is something that has never happened before.

For the good of the league (competition wise) and for his legacy/marketing I believe he would've been best suited to go somewhere and build a title. But, his decision in the end was all about "winning" and he sure didn't lie. That's a lot of ego under one roof though.

Over/under 2 years before Bosh starts bitching that he isn't getting enough attention? Outside actual NBA fans no one is really recognizing Bosh. It's Wade and LeBron's team, which I find ironic considering Bosh wanted to be a "centerpiece" player on a title team. Umm yea, that's not happening. If he accepts being the 3rd wheel then it's a dynasty, but I have a hard time believing that'll happen.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Last edited by sweetness34 : 07-12-2010 at 02:53 PM.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Lebron did go for the sure thing and I understand why he did but to me it is still him admiting he can't win a ring without having "the guy" on his team. He isn't and will never be that guy who will take over a 4th quarter and win it with a last shot. He needs other people to take the stress off him. I just know people compare him to Jordan and even Kobe and IMO he is not and never will be on their level.
LeBron has more Magic in him than Kobe/Jordan. He's willing to defer and doesn't have that "killer instinct." Kobe and Michael want to rip your heart out and serve to you on a platter. I don't see the same mentality with LeBron, which is fine, but maybe we need to readjust our expectations on what he is and what he can become.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Spare me the sympathy. He has brought a lot of the criticism on himself with his "witness" campaign, proclaiming himself to be "the chosen one," etc.

It wasn't just the decision he made, it was how he handled it as well. I still disagree with his choice to join the Heat, but it's not my decision. Whether or not I agree with it is a moot point.

LeBron did say in an interview that he didn't want to do it anyone else's way. He wanted to do it his way. Well, he succeeded because this is something that has never happened before.

For the good of the league (competition wise) and for his legacy/marketing I believe he would've been best suited to go somewhere and build a title. But, his decision in the end was all about "winning" and he sure didn't lie. That's a lot of ego under one roof though.
Over/under 2 years before Bosh starts bitching that he isn't getting enough attention? Outside actual NBA fans no one is really recognizing Bosh. It's Wade and LeBron's team, which I find ironic considering Bosh wanted to be a "centerpiece" player on a title team. Umm yea, that's not happening. If he accepts being the 3rd wheel then it's a dynasty, but I have a hard time believing that'll happen.
Its bad for the NBA how? The Celtics and Lakers had a bunch of all-star teams so did the bulls with Jordan, Pippen and Rodman( I think Horace grant was a All-Star)
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Its bad for the NBA how? The Celtics and Lakers had a bunch of all-star teams so did the bulls with Jordan, Pippen and Rodman( I think Horace grant was a All-Star)
Superstars in the primes of their careers joining each other to build super teams? I hope this doesn't set a precedent down the line.

Did you hear that CP3 and Melo said they want to build their super team in New York?

I want to see these guys compete against each other, not play with each other. If I want to see that I'll go watch the highlights of the Redeem Team.

Just my personal opinion though.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I welcome the super teams, because in a few years it will be all the sweeter when MEGA SUPERSTAR Greg Monroe guides the Pistons to a series of upsets and eventually, the title.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Superstars in the primes of their careers joining each other to build super teams? I hope this doesn't set a precedent down the line.

Did you hear that CP3 and Melo said they want to build their super team in New York?

I want to see these guys compete against each other, not play with each other. If I want to see that I'll go watch the highlights of the Redeem Team.

i wouldnt mind CP3 and Melo in NY.

It would be fun to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

More super teams please. Load em up!

NBA teams created this whole thing by sacrificing wins and cap space two years ago.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Agreed. I want to see rivalries. I want to see the best players try and beat each other, not join each other and gang up on the little kids. I find it extremely lame and uncompetitive.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lebron did go for the sure thing and I understand why he did but to me it is still him admiting he can't win a ring without having "the guy" on his team. He isn't and will never be that guy who will take over a 4th quarter and win it with a last shot. He needs other people to take the stress off him. I just know people compare him to Jordan and even Kobe and IMO he is not and never will be on their level.

Absolutely, because I mean he's never done that before or anything. I can't remember one time Lebron took a game over in the 4th quarter, not even one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
That's where, IMO, the new trio could falter. LeBron will try to take Miami as his team (though just for the attention though, not to lead them to championships or whatever), and Wade will definitely not allow it. And Bosh will not stand to hear that it's either Wade's team or LeBron's team and that he's third fiddle. I seriously want to see them "sharing the spotlight." I want to see DWade's face when the fans embrace LeBron throwing up the chalk. When he dunks and everyone loves him. When he hits a gamewinner and everyone adores him and not Wade. Sharing the spotlight is impossible. It just can't happen. Never has, never will.

LOL yea ok. So he decided to play with Wade and Lebron, yet Bosh won't want to haer that he's third fiddle and he won't be able to stand that? Yea, I'm sure that's why he chose MIA because he won't be able to stand that at all.

I'm pretty sure Bosh thought that this would be partly his team even though he's playing with 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA. Alot of sense that makes. Making up theories sure does seem to be the growing trend in this thread lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope LeBron averages a triple double.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

forget all this lebron talk. the future of the nba debuts tonight at 1030 pm for memphis. cant wait to watch my boy wall tonight too in a good matchup.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Larry Bird should have left the Celtics but he was scared to carry a team to a title with no all-star help. Magic, Jordan and Russell were also scared to carry teams with no all-stars
Old 07-12-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron and Wade are superstars. They are the guys you are supposed to build around. I don't think it is bad for the NBA because I don't see them being as good as people think. I mean you still have the Lakers/Celtics/Magic next year that they will have to get through and their are teams like the Thunder and the Bulls that are on the rise. I don't believe this super team is going to be great. I just think it is funny that the "King" as admitted he can't be that guy a team can build around and get it done. I mean you can say his team in Cleveland wasn't good enough but they were in a lot of good positions to win the games they lost. When it came down to the part of the game Lebron is supposed to take over he choked. Like I said I don't care he went there I just think this shows that Lebron will never
achieve greatness without having a completly stacked team.

Oh and I'm not saying Lebron has never taken over a game in the 4th quarter. I'm just sayig he can't do it like Jordan did or how Kobe does. If you believe Lebron is clutch during pressure situations you are lying to yourself.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES : 07-12-2010 at 03:06 PM.
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
forget all this lebron talk. the future of the nba debuts tonight at 1030 pm for memphis. cant wait to watch my boy wall tonight too in a good matchup.
He debuted last night, I think he had 8 ast and 8 turnovers
Old 07-12-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Larry Bird should have left the Celtics but he was scared to carry a team to a title with no all-star help. Magic, Jordan and Russell were also scared to carry teams with no all-stars
No one is saying LeBron has to be the only good player. In fact, most people have actually emphasized that point. Good one.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People do realize that much of the popularity of the NBA came from the constant battle of two 'super teams' right?
Old 07-12-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Many of the things he did in the past make much more sense now. Example #1: saying he would switch to #6. At the time, it seemed like an honest, respectful gesture towards Michael Jordan. Nobody is truly worthy of wearing #23 again. But now, he can't wear it because the Heat retired it for Jordan. So, he stated it a long, long time ago so nobody would associate it with this change, but IMO that's what it was all along. He knew he'd be coming down to Miami, so why not fool everyone into thinking there was actually a chance he'd stay in Cleveland or go to NY, NJ, or LA? He had this planned all along. Another example, quitting on the playoffs. He couldn't win a championship with Cleveland, because then how could he leave? He got what he wanted, but it might be the only time he'd get it, so no. He quit. He had to in order to leave.
I never thought about this before but now that you mention it (even though it is all pure speculation), it makes all the more sense because I find it incredibly hard to believe that after 6.5 years in the NBA and after a random game he would impulsively make a decisino like this.

Also, if he wanted to do it to honor MJ and pay his respects... then why did he start off with number 23? did he not respect Michael Jordan beforehand?

Just my thinking, regardless if it's true or not.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm sure the super teams in the past weren't formed by players in the league saying "hey let's stack a team and win championships". Like I said before I know why he went there but still just shows he is the Pippen and needs his Jordan.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lebron and Wade are superstars. They are the guys you are supposed to build around. I don't think it is bad for the NBA because I don't see them being as good as people think. I mean you still have the Lakers/Celtics/Magic next year that they will have to get through and their are teams like the Thunder and the Bulls that are on the rise. I don't believe this super team is going to be great. I just think it is funny that the "King" as admitted he can't be that guy a team can build around and get it done. I mean you can say his team in Cleveland wasn't good enough but they were in a lot of good positions to win the games they lost. When it came down to the part of the game Lebron is supposed to take over he choked. Like I said I don't care he went there I just think this shows that Lebron will never

Oh and I'm not saying Lebron has never taken over a game in the 4th quarter. I'm just sayig he can't do it like Jordan did or how Kobe does. If you believe Lebron is clutch during pressure situations you are lying to yourself.
waiting for someone to post stats from 82games.com...
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think LBJ is plenty clutch at the end of games, and I'm not a huge fan of his.

Gets to the line at will in the fourth quarter.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Yeah, that actually isn't true. LeBron owns in the 4th and is very underrated in that fashion. Statistically, at least...

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-12-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
As you wish.

http://www.82games.com/0910/CSORT11.HTM
Old 07-12-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea I'm sure the super teams in the past weren't formed by players in the league saying "hey let's stack a team and win championships". Like I said before I know why he went there but still just shows he is the Pippen and needs his Jordan.
Who gives a ****? I don't see why it matters whether or not he is 'the guy'. Doesn't that argument pretty much refute the idea that he has a massive ego?

And I guess he is Pippen. That is if you think Pippen is a better player than Michael Jordan. Since LeBron James will be the best player on the Heat for the next 6+ years or however long they decide to stay there.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:

Lebron isn't Clutch have you not watch the Cavs in the playoff these last couple of years? LeBron is more clutch than Kobe. What was Kobe 6-24 in game 7 of the NBA finals and after Shaq left Kobe had a hard time getting out of the 1st round of the playoffs for awhile.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
LOL yea ok. So he decided to play with Wade and Lebron, yet Bosh won't want to haer that he's third fiddle and he won't be able to stand that? Yea, I'm sure that's why he chose MIA because he won't be able to stand that at all.

I'm pretty sure Bosh thought that this would be partly his team even though he's playing with 2 of the 3 best players in the NBA. Alot of sense that makes. Making up theories sure does seem to be the growing trend in this thread lately.
Yes, I actually do think he does. These guys have huge ego's, and they need to feed them. Many players overvalue their importance to their team, and I think this is one of those cases. Sure it's a theory, and when it comes right down to it, it's just my opinion. But that's what I think will happen.

I think Chris Bosh views himself as a top 5 player in the league, and while he's a great player, he's not in the same category as the other two. I think he's going to believe in the whole "Three Kings" thing when in reality no one will talk about him in the same light as LeBron or DWade. When it hits him that it isn't really the trio that is getting all the attention, that's when he'll get angry, frustrated, etc. He himself said he wanted to be a centerpiece for a championship team, and on this team, sadly, he isn't. He could be for many other teams, but not for this one. Wade and James are the centerpiece. They can control the offense, lead it, guide it, not Bosh. Bosh is the guy that will take advantage of the constant double teams the other guys get. And that too, IMO, will anger him. People could/will credit some of his success to the other two, taking away from what he does. Kind of like what happened with Kobe and Shaq.
"Kobe's only that good because Shaq gets double teamed and he's always open."
"Kobe's only good because teams focus on stopping Shaq, not Kobe."
"If it weren't for Shaq, Kobe wouln't win."

What happened to that superteam? It imploded.

That's why I think Bosh will get frustrated. As of right now, all three guys are acting as if they are equally important to the team. They're not.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote