Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-16-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As if the stats don't have any correlation. Michael Jordan was the best player in the universe, the stats bore that out. LeBron James is a better player than Dwyane Wade, the stats bear that out. He is the reigning two-time MVP, the most famous basketball player, the most amazing physical talent we've ever seen. If Wade outplays him, so be it, but nothing we've seen would indicate that. I like arguments based on empirical evidence, not on who 'feels' like they will be 'the guy' or whatever that means.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-16-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right. It's fine to say that Lebron will be the MJ, and Wade will be the Pippen, or vice versa. You can say MJ had better stats than Pippen, and Lebron will have better stats than Wade, therefore, Lebron will be MJ and Wade will be Pippen, and that's legitimate.

But what I meant was, no one is saying Lebron will put up numbers like Pippen did, or comparing him to Pippen's production or talent in any way. They are taking Lebron and Wade, and discussing who will play the role of MJ and who will play the role of Pippen. Or more simply, who will be the mega producing leader, and who will be the side kick.

Bring up Pippen's stats and saying Lebron will never produce that low is completely irrelevant to the discussion, because no one is comparing Lebron to Pippen. They are comparing roles, not stats.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Holy **** is this board starting to overrate Dwayne Wade. He is not as good as Lebron James. Lebron/Wade/Bosh is the clear pecking order in Miami.
It might be "Wade's team," but Lebron is by far th best player (in the league, **** you Kobe). Lebron might be taking the easy road by joining Miami, but the reason they are favorites and will win the championship is because of Lebron's all-around game.

Look at Bill Simmons' "42" stat. Stats may be overrated and yeah Simmons' is a joke at times, but it's hard to deny this number. No player combining their ppg/rebounds/assists has recently reached the number 42 anywhere near the amount of times James has...It's remarkable. He's more Magic than Kobe could ever dream to be.

I suppose the argument will always come back to winning though, so I'm defeating my own argument.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:14 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic match offer for Redick. Wow.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And supposedly it puts the Magic into the luxury tax? Impressive.

Ronnie Brewer, congrats on becoming the new starting SG for the Chicago Bulls.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the Hawks won't win a title because of Shaq, but he sure makes them more interesting than boring ass Marvin Williams. I hope they are swapped. Atlanta would hopefully be able to keep Shaq fresh for the postseason.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
As if the stats don't have any correlation. Michael Jordan was the best player in the universe, the stats bore that out. LeBron James is a better player than Dwyane Wade, the stats bear that out. He is the reigning two-time MVP, the most famous basketball player, the most amazing physical talent we've ever seen. If Wade outplays him, so be it, but nothing we've seen would indicate that. I like arguments based on empirical evidence, not on who 'feels' like they will be 'the guy' or whatever that means.
There's a big difference though... Wade already won a title with Miami. He won over their loyalty.

The bulls fans' loyalty was always to Michael. Michael was there first.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think Kobe's espy last night makes me believe that he may be the most famous right now....

...thats mainly due to the fact that i believe espys are just fans voting for their favorite player. thats why i say that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't think it's as simple as "so and so is the better player, therefore it's his team." Like soybean said, Miami worships Wade. LeBron is the better player, but right now it is not his team. For the time being he'll have to take a backseat to Wade. Eventually it'll probably become LeBron's team, but he may have to wait a while for that to happen because Wade still has a few more elite years left in the tank.

If LeBron is happy playing the "Magic" role then this team is going to dominate. After all his campaign slogans and nicknames though, I never would've expected him to settle for being #2. Wade has more Michael/Kobe in him than LeBron does.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

If LeBron is happy playing the "Magic" role then this team is going to dominate. After all his campaign slogans and nicknames though, I never would've expected him to settle for being #2. Wade has more Michael/Kobe in him than LeBron does.
Woah, I've never agreed and disagreed more in a single paragraph in my life. If and when Lebron embraces the role of all-around Magic-type player for the Heat, they will dominate the competition.

Lebron took Cleveland from 200 mil, to more than twice that, he took them from 17 wins, to averaging 60, he's putting up MVP numbers that haven't been matched in a long, long time. Just because he had a rough 2010 postseason, I refuse to accept the idea that Lebron isn't a "killer."

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the **** does it matter who the fans support? Do you think Lebron is going to have the ball ready to take the game deciding shot and think "****, I might be the best player on the team but I think the fans like Dwayne better, I better give him the ball." It makes no difference who has been there longer. The thing is these guys all chose to play together, meaning there is no possible way they can all expect to have the ball as much as they did where they were playing before. And if they do they deserve to have this whole thing blow up in their faces.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Woah, I've never agreed and disagreed more in a single paragraph in my life. If and when Lebron embraces the role of all-around Magic-type player for the Heat, they will dominate the competition.

Lebron took Cleveland from 200 mil, to more than twice that, he took them from 17 wins, to averaging 60, he's putting up MVP numbers that haven't been matched in a long, long time. Just because he had a rough 2010 postseason, I refuse to accept the idea that Lebron isn't a "killer."
LeBron James, by himself, took Cleveland from a 17 win team to a 60 win team? Yeah, ok. That 2002 Cleveland team was terrible.

PG: Milt Palacio/Smush Parker
SG: Ricky Davis
SF: Darius Miles
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Big Z

After James was drafted in 2003, they went from a 17 win team to a 35 win team. Then they increased to 42 wins, then to 50, again to 50, then to 66, finally to 61. During that time he went from having Milt Palacio to Mo Williams running the point, Ricky Davis to Delonte West, Carlos Boozer to Antwan Jamison, and Big Z to Shaq.

It's more than just LeBron that brought them to those wins. He helped, of course, but he has also hasn't been great in most of the playoff games he has played in. You saw in the series with Boston that he was frustrated and tired of having the burden to carry the team. Why else would he throw off his jersey in disgust? Or fake a finger injury?

From winning a championship to being a monster during the regular season and almost single handily beating the Boston Celtics, Dwyane Wade has proved to be a killer. He has that instinct, that spark, that drive. Whatever it takes, he has. Why else would he recruit players to play for his team. He didn't want to go anywhere much like MJ, Bird, and Magic didn't want to leave their teams either. While LeBron may be touted as the best player in the league, Wade will be the leader as he has proven over and over again while in Miami. He doesn't mind have that weight on him. He actually seems to thrive with that responsibility. LeBron cracked under pressure. Its not a knock to say that LeBron will have a Pippen type role because if he's happy dishing out assists and being the second option then great. But it is Wade's team, the fans love him, he has already won a championship for that city, and while LeBron's stats may be better than Wade's, their not better by much.

Wade: 36.3 minutes, 26.6 pts, 6.5 dimes, 4.8 boards
James: 39.0 minutes, 29.7 pts, 8.6 dimes, 7.3 boards

3.1 pts, 2.1 assists, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.7 minutes separates the two. That's not a lot. I think LeBron will like having someone to step up and take the lead of the team and that he is fine with dishing the ball for an assist and basically being like Magic Johnson was.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 07-16-2010 at 01:27 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... who's Milt Palacio?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:26 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
... who's Milt Palacio?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milt_Palacio

He started 46 games for them in 2002 at the point.

Out of that 2002 Cavs team, only 3 are still in the league (Big Z, Boozer, and Diop).

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:22 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kemp is one my all time favorite players. He was one the most explosive athletes to ever play the game. He played with an attitude and attacked the hoop with raw power and violence.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:26 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if Amar'e never had the knee problems. That is what Shawn Kemp was. He was a freak run and jump athlete. This type of leaping ability from a man his size was just staggering.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 06:45 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From winning a championship to being a monster during the regular season and almost single handily beating the Boston Celtics, Dwyane Wade has proved to be a killer. He has that instinct, that spark, that drive. Whatever it takes, he has.
He beat them in one game. I can show a more impressive game in a more pressurized situation..

48 against a good defensive team in the Eastern Conference Finals. Absolutely unstoppable down the stretch in that game. The woman's face @ 9:28 told the story. Everyone was a witness that night to the greatest basketball prodigy of all time. The hype was real.

Quote:
Why else would he recruit players to play for his team.
Because they had the most cap space.

He didn't want to go anywhere much like MJ, Bird, and Magic didn't want to leave their teams either. While LeBron may be touted as the best player in the league, Wade will be the leader as he has proven over and over again while in Miami. He doesn't mind have that weight on him. He actually seems to thrive with that responsibility. LeBron cracked under pressure. Its not a knock to say that LeBron will have a Pippen type role because if he's happy dishing out assists and being the second option then great. But it is Wade's team, the fans love him, he has already won a championship for that city, and while LeBron's stats may be better than Wade's, their not better by much.

Quote:
Wade: 36.3 minutes, 26.6 pts, 6.5 dimes, 4.8 boards
James: 39.0 minutes, 29.7 pts, 8.6 dimes, 7.3 boards

3.1 pts, 2.1 assists, 2.5 rebounds, and 2.7 minutes separates the two. That's not a lot. I think LeBron will like having someone to step up and take the lead of the team and that he is fine with dishing the ball for an assist and basically being like Magic Johnson was.
He also does it on a lower usage rate. He has two MVPs to Wade's none.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And supposedly it puts the Magic into the luxury tax? Impressive.

Ronnie Brewer, congrats on becoming the new starting SG for the Chicago Bulls.
I was expecting the move the last few days. It's not really surprising and Orlando went into the luxury tax last year as well. They do have a billionaire owner, who has no problem paying the tax, these days.

I just wish we'd hand Redick the reigns now...again, not a huge redick fan, but he's better than Carter. Trade Carter for a PF, I really dont even care who, hell trade him for more expiring contracts. Orlando is a better team without VC.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 07:40 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
He also does it on a lower usage rate. He has two MVPs to Wade's none.

And he is better defensively, being on the first team all-NBA twice. Wade has been on a second team twice.

And he performs better in the 4th Qtr by a good percentage. (isn't clutch, cracks under pressure... *njxeyerollhere*)

And he had played better in the playoffs (sans ring obviously) from a statistical perspective.

There are so many myths, exaggerations and flat out conjecture about LeBron James it is unbelievable to me. If someone wanted to make an argument that Kobe Bryant is the better player I wouldn't mind it, I would disagree if we were talking in the present but that's beside the point. When people say LeBron hasn't performed in the playoffs, that is not true. When they say he isn't clutch, that is not true.

Just another "cracking under pressure" playoff performance I suppose.

Last edited by Shiver : 07-16-2010 at 07:52 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOTH:

Courtney Lee for Brandon Bass and your next years first. do it, NOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 08:24 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
MOTH:

Courtney Lee for Brandon Bass and your next years first. do it, NOW.
That would make a ton of sense if you don't include the first.
Old 07-16-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
That would make a ton of sense if you don't include the first.
i'm just greedy and want the 1st. It'd most likely be a late first anyway. But yea, Moth and I both would enjoy a Lee-Bass swap. I'd love Bass. His style of play, his contract, and the fact he's a power forward who isn't Kris Humphries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Dear Cleveland, All of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight; As you now know, our former center, who we drafted in 1996 out of a region you probably never heard of, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced after we traded him to the lowly Washington Wizards in February and waited for over 30 days for him to become eligible so we could re-sign him to a lowball offer.

Now, despite a several-day, narcissistic, self-promotional buildup culminating with a national TV special of our former King’s “decision” unlike anything ever “witnessed” in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment, the self-proclaimed “Big Z” is taking his act to South Beach as well.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership, team, and the rest of the hard-working, overpaid, overrated bums here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you, because frankly, we can't. It's hard to gain trust when you stink.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than dismal future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don’t deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight: “I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘BIG Z’ WINS ONE.”

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness, piggybacking, and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our “motivation” to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they can win a title but NOT have to play here to get one.
Sorry, but that’s simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our own drafted “Big Z” sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And “who” we would want them to grow up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called “curse” on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former “Big Z” will be taking the “curse” and his slow-footed post moves, lack of defense, and the speed of a paper clip with him down South. And until he does “right” by Cleveland, Ohio, and Lithuania, Ilgauskas (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.
Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day…

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge, and the bums that disappear in the playoffs on our remaining roster will be directed at one thing and one thing only: DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue…

Sincerely pissed off
Dan Gilbert
Cleveland Cavaliers

Old 07-16-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I think Kobe's espy last night makes me believe that he may be the most famous right now....

...thats mainly due to the fact that i believe espys are just fans voting for their favorite player. thats why i say that.
Globally, Kobe is the most famous and popular NBA athlete, and it's not even close.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote