Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, Orlando won't make a move unless they are getting Paul.

Paul won't be very happy in Indiana either. He'll leave them high and dry and the Pacers will be mad that they ever let Granger go for a rental.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So does Paul have anything in his contract saying that he can veto any trades or dictate where he wants to go? I know he's said where he wants to go, but the Hornets aren't limited to only the teams he wants correct?
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Losing Oden does nothing to prevent them from being a playoff team. They never got an impact from him in the first place. Przybilla is still there. Camby is old, expensive and the Trailblazers probably won't even resign him when his contract is up. Aldridge plays Center for the Blazers right now. They use him at both PF and C. He knows how to play the position. It's not foreign to him or anything. Size isn't the issue. A West/Aldridge tandem is not weak by any stretch of the imagination. At PG, it may be a lateral move value wise, but Nelson is way younger than Miller.

...wait... you believe the Hollinger predictions are accurate??? That's the funniest thing I've heard here in a long time! :D
The Hollinger stuff is just to back up my point that the trade weakens the Blazers significantly. Obviously Oden's high PER in a limited amount of games inflates that "prediction".

Getting smaller at C and younger at PG does NOT justify giving up Batum and Fernandez. The trade made the Blazers worse (or level in the case of Nelson) at every position involved. I don't see how you can argue that it makes them better.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
So does Paul have anything in his contract saying that he can veto any trades or dictate where he wants to go? I know he's said where he wants to go, but the Hornets aren't limited to only the teams he wants correct?
I'm pretty sure NOR can trade him to any team of their liking. I would say that many teams would be afraid to give up even 1 star player in return for Paul if they are afraid Paul would just be a rental and be a headcase meanwhile if they aren't a winning team. I would say that only NY, ORL, POR or DAL...the teams Paul mentioned he would like to play for would pay up. Who can put together the best package?
Old 07-24-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure NOR can trade him to any team of their liking. I would say that many teams would be afraid to give up even 1 star player in return for Paul if they are afraid Paul would just be a rental and be a headcase meanwhile if they aren't a winning team. I would say that only NY, ORL, POR or DAL...the teams Paul mentioned he would like to play for would pay up. Who can put together the best package?
Yea, if it's a team he doesn't want to play for I don't see why a team would want to give up young talent/picks just for one year. That would bring us to a team that doesn't necessarily need him for more than a year, or a team that thinks they could keep him.

Just wanted to know if Paul actually had anything in his power to say where he will and won't go. If I had to guess, I bet Paul stays with NO this season. No reason, just my prediction.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Paul + Collison + Thornton + David West + two 1st round picks for John Wall. Sounds good to me.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
The Hollinger stuff is just to back up my point that the trade weakens the Blazers significantly. Obviously Oden's high PER in a limited amount of games inflates that "prediction".

Getting smaller at C and younger at PG does NOT justify giving up Batum and Fernandez. The trade made the Blazers worse (or level in the case of Nelson) at every position involved. I don't see how you can argue that it makes them better.
We'll have to agree to disagree. The Hollinger stat is completely meaningless. Fernandez wasn't in the deal. Batum is overrated by more than just Portland fans, I guess. What has he EVER done in the NBA? Camby is old and getting more and more out of the picture. Oden is already considered a bust. I don't know that NOR would even want him. Getting Nelson gets the Blazers younger, West is a legitimate scorer and rebounder. I guess there is a point that Aldridge is not that strong of a Center, so I could concede on that point. I thought he would be serviceable there, but apparently there are some genius' who disagree. lol.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Chris Paul + Collison + Thornton + David West + two 1st round picks for John Wall. Sounds good to me.
Jameer Nelson for John Wall sounds good to me.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
As a quasi-Blazers fan, I'm not sure I like that deal. I really do believe in Batum. Phenomenal athlete with a very complete game. I see him as a mix of Rudy Cool and Tayshaun Prince. When you toss in 3 starting/6thman-calibur players in Fernandez, Miller, and Pryzbilla, I'd have to think long and hard about pulling the trigger. Call me a Batum fanboy. :\
Except Miller is just a place-holder, Fernandez is already on his way out anyway and Joel is entirely expendable with LMA, Camby, Oden and then Pendergraph/Cunningham. The other 3 are just fillers. The key part of the deal, Batum, MAY turn out to be fringe All Star player ala a Kevin Martin (although different type of player of course). Of course you make this trade. But no way would NO do it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how is Jameer Nelson better than Jerryd Bayless? Bayless is young and inexperienced, but skills wise he could really be a force in this league. If they aren't getting Paul, this is just giving up valuable assets for nothing really. Batum is a nice player, and Rudy is a valuable trade piece and a great player, he just would thrive in a team that uses more tempo. Remember when he dunked on Dwight in the Gold Medal game? exactly. plus, him being friends with Rubio would significantly help a team bring him to America (looks at David Kahn). Orlando is giving up chicken **** and getting chicken salad, like for real if N.O. does this deal, its the Pau Gasol trade all over again, except no Marc Gasol.

EDIT: + David West isn't better than really any of their forwards now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
how is Jameer Nelson better than Jerryd Bayless? Bayless is young and inexperienced, but skills wise he could really be a force in this league.
Umm because ge us a better player than Bayless right now. Skill wise Bayless has a very high upside but it's really not even close to who is the best player currently. Better talent? Yes, but he's got a long ways to go.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Old 07-24-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure Rondo isn't a BYC guy now(espn hasn't updated it) but maybe a 3 way between Indy, Boston and New Orleans would work. Rondo is locked up for 4 more years I believe so there isn't the risk of him just taking off

Pacers get
Rajon Rondo($9MM)

Celtics get
Chris Paul ($14.9MM)

Hornets get
Danny Granger ($10.9MM)
Rasheed Wallace ($6.3MM)

CP3 Allen Pierce Garnett Perkins

Collision Granger Peja West Okafor

Rondo Rush George Murphy Hibbert

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Pretty sure Rondo isn't a BYC guy now(espn hasn't updated it) but maybe a 3 way between Indy, Boston and New Orleans would work. Rondo is locked up for 4 more years I believe so there isn't the risk of him just taking off

Pacers get
Rajon Rondo($9MM)

Celtics get
Chris Paul ($14.9MM)

Hornets get
Danny Granger ($10.9MM)
Rasheed Wallace ($6.3MM)

CP3 Allen Pierce Garnett Perkins

Collision Granger Peja West Okafor

Rondo Rush George Murphy Hibbert
I don't think Boston has the mentality that Chris Paul would help them. I think they're more than happy paying Rondo the $9M per year than wanting to dish out $15M for Paul.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was on Rotoworld yesterday.

Quote:
Yahoo! reported a few weeks ago that Chris Paul left his marketing firm to join LeBron James' LRMR firm, but Howard Beck of the New York Times says that's not the case.
There are conflicting reports on whether he's represented by LRMR or not, but either way, we still think his current career goal is to end up in Miami with LeBron and company in two years.
Say wha...

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was the plan, not sure if Dwight Howard was involved but those 4 made a pact to be on the same team

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
That was the plan, not sure if Dwight Howard was involved but those 4 made a pact to be on the same team
PG Chris Paul
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Lebron James
PF Chris Bosh
C Dwight Howard

If that's the plan, then I would LOVE to see it!!! I don't care where... that would just be freakin awesome!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what a GM should do if that were to happen?

exodus their team and sign everyone from the Argentina or Greece national team.

Last edited by soybean : 07-24-2010 at 11:35 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That team would just be ******* stupid. I enjoy watching these guys competing against each other, not playing together. I don't really want to see the Dream Team play every night.

Anywho, I have some bad news for scotty. Bropez looked absolutely awful tonight in the scrimmage. Granted the game didn't mean anything and was a glorified practice, but he and Billups were IMO easily the worst players on the floor. I was shocked at how bad Lopez looked tonight. Couldn't finish down low, couldn't catch the ball, didn't rebound and his defense sucked donkey balls. In fact, he was so bad that they didn't put him in during the 2nd Half (unless he was injured).

This USA team has a chance to be either really, really good or really, really bad. There were times that both teams were clicking on offense and there were other times that it looked like backyard street ball. What will kill this team is the lack of an inside post presense (which is why Lopez has to step up). A majority of the shots came from the outside, which is good when they are falling, but if we ever have an off night we are done.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 07-25-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
That team would just be ******* stupid. I enjoy watching these guys competing against each other, not playing together. I don't really want to see the Dream Team play every night.

Anywho, I have some bad news for scotty. Bropez looked absolutely awful tonight in the scrimmage. Granted the game didn't mean anything and was a glorified practice, but he and Billups were IMO easily the worst players on the floor. I was shocked at how bad Lopez looked tonight. Couldn't finish down low, couldn't catch the ball, didn't rebound and his defense sucked donkey balls. In fact, he was so bad that they didn't put him in during the 2nd Half (unless he was injured).

This USA team has a chance to be either really, really good or really, really bad. There were times that both teams were clicking on offense and there were other times that it looked like backyard street ball. What will kill this team is the lack of an inside post presense (which is why Lopez has to step up). A majority of the shots came from the outside, which is good when they are falling, but if we ever have an off night we are done.
How'd the gentleman in your sig look? I meant to watch the game to see how he was doing but got caught up doing some other stuff.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
How'd the gentleman in your sig look? I meant to watch the game to see how he was doing but got caught up doing some other stuff.
Good stat line. 15 points, 8 assists, 5 steals, 4 boards, 0 turnovers.

I thought he played well. Missed some easy shots around the rim, but all in all he did a very good job of running the team. I was most impressed with his decision making. He really didn't force anything tonight (shots or passes) and looked extremely poised as the primary ball handler.

Only complaints were the missed layups (he had 3 or 4 that he should've finished) and his defense was shaky at times (he had some lapses). He also missed a couple shots from mid-range (they looked a little flat off his hand).

Rose really didn't do anything spectacular tonight, but he really didn't need to. He found open shooters, pushed the ball in transition, was unselfish/patient in the half court and got into the paint whenever he wanted. He also knocked down a 3 (and had another one rim out).

I noticed that he was a bit stagnant when he was moved off the ball to the 2. Maybe it was the sets they were running, but he didn't move much (just stood around the 3 point line). It was a lot of isolation/pick and roll offense so maybe that was why.

I know what he can do with his athleticism. I know he can knock down shots. I know he can get to the rim at will. But like I said, I was most impressed with his decision making. In a game filled with turnovers he was under control the entire time. If he continues to progress with the PG part of his game...OMG OMG OMG.

Our prodigy is growing up. *tear*

Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 01:17 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Btw, I'm going to kick Durant in the nuts if he continues to try and playmake. 7 turnovers? 30 points or not, 7 ******* turnovers?

Kevin, your job is to score points, rebound and play defense. You are the best player on this roster, I understand that, but it doesn't excuse you from being a ******. Give the ball to Rose/Curry and let them be the primary ball handler. We don't need you running pick and rolls or standing at the top of the key breaking down defenders off the dribble. Catch the ball, shoot the ball, repeat.

Thank You,

sweetness

Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
PG Chris Paul
SG Dwyane Wade
SF Lebron James
PF Chris Bosh
C Dwight Howard

If that's the plan, then I would LOVE to see it!!! I don't care where... that would just be freakin awesome!
Just shoot me in the face if that happens.
Old 07-25-2010, 01:47 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Good stat line. 15 points, 8 assists, 5 steals, 4 boards, 0 turnovers.

I thought he played well. Missed some easy shots around the rim, but all in all he did a very good job of running the team. I was most impressed with his decision making. He really didn't force anything tonight (shots or passes) and looked extremely poised as the primary ball handler.

Only complaints were the missed layups (he had 3 or 4 that he should've finished) and his defense was shaky at times (he had some lapses). He also missed a couple shots from mid-range (they looked a little flat off his hand).

Rose really didn't do anything spectacular tonight, but he really didn't need to. He found open shooters, pushed the ball in transition, was unselfish/patient in the half court and got into the paint whenever he wanted. He also knocked down a 3 (and had another one rim out).

I noticed that he was a bit stagnant when he was moved off the ball to the 2. Maybe it was the sets they were running, but he didn't move much (just stood around the 3 point line). It was a lot of isolation/pick and roll offense so maybe that was why.

I know what he can do with his athleticism. I know he can knock down shots. I know he can get to the rim at will. But like I said, I was most impressed with his decision making. In a game filled with turnovers he was under control the entire time. If he continues to progress with the PG part of his game...OMG OMG OMG.

Our prodigy is growing up. *tear*
Sounds pretty exciting...I mean it's just one game but for him to be that under control against the kind of competition he was playing against is impressive. No turnovers for a PG against any competition is pretty solid. I've been wondering if he's going to start scoring more this season, but if he slowly rounds his game out first that'd be just as good if not better. More assists, less turnovers, playing under control, mixing in the three ball, better defense...if he could only get more contact around the rim and get to the stripe more he'd have a shot at legit superstar status. I'm still really interested to see how he does this year, but that line and the performance you described against legit competition is a nice start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Just shoot me in the face if that happens.
Samesies. I'm already losing interest in the NBA, that'd just make it worse.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote