Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2010, 01:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Trading Granger would be unnecessary and they wouldnt get fair value back. The one I proposed earlier...would make more sense for them. The only problem with that one, is that New Orleans isnt getting enough "keeper" talent back. Just Gortat, but they'd clear $26 million in cap space and potentially get a pick from the Pacers.

Magic get:

PG Chris Paul
SF Mike Dunleavy (expiring) or Jeff Foster and Brandon Rush (expirings)

Hornets get:

PG T.J. Ford (Expiring)
SG Vince Carter (Expiring)
C Marcin Gortat
Pacers 1st round pick

Pacers get:

PG Jameer Nelson
C Emeka Okafor
PF Ryan Anderson

Maybe Anderson can head to New Orleans, instead.
So just give the Pacers all the bad contracts?
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reports of Chris Paul's trade demand were greatly exaggerated:

Quote:
The meeting went well. It was great to get an opportunity to sit down with Coach Williams, President Weber and our new General Manager Dell Demps. I expressed my desire to win and I like what they said about the direction that they want to take the team. I have been a Hornet my entire career and I hope to represent the city of New Orleans and state of Louisiana for many years to come.
That sure does not sound like an ultimatum to me..

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*yawn*

what was all the hoopla about again?
Old 07-26-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Left at the alter again :(

I hate being a Knicks fan. Getting kicked in the nuts doesn't feel good.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, stop leaving your nuts out in the open. Wear a cup.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well, stop leaving your nuts out in the open. Wear a cup.
Dude, cups suck. They're a necessary evil for sports, but goddamn do they itch.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I doubt Melo tests FA. That extension is too good to pass on.

Plus, do we really want Parker? He's declining, signing him to a long term deal will be a bad contract anyway.

We are an 8th seed type with our current team. Bring in Okafor and CP3, and I think we're a legit top 4 team in the East.

And I hate Gallo btw.

CP3 is the best PG in the game in my eyes, and teaming him up with Stoudemire is our best move we can realistically make. Then we can go after Caron Butler next year, and while that move won't be a wow move, I think a starting 5 that has CP3, Okafor, Stoudemire, and Butler would be pretty damn good.
BBD you still hate gallo? How? He was our best defender after Jeffries got traded, when his stroke was off and they let him out of the corner he'd put up near double digit boards, when we let him take the ball and attack the hoop he went to the line 7-8 times a game, he's very smart, fiery and tough. What's not to love about Gallo? The fact that he's not Josh Smith athletically? That's not enough reason to "hate" the kid. He's a stud and the best young Knick during my fanhood, which only spans back to the mid to late 90s.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I know, I was talking about the past. I was just making a joke, like how I said now they are looking to bring in talent (Paul) with terrible contracts (Okafor), instead of just terrible contracts (Eddie Curry just as an example).

The Knicks are a lot better off in the front office now. I was just making a joke about how over the years they would jump to make take awful contracts/make awful offers, that it was "the Knick way" of doing business for a while. It is a lot better now.
Sorry for over-reacting then. It's a ***** being a Knicks fan in Chicago, friends of mine still think Isiah's running ish.

Quote:
Left at the alter again :(

I hate being a Knicks fan. Getting kicked in the nuts doesn't feel good.
? I'm glad he's not forcing a trade right now. Our young players will be much more valuable come the deadline or the draft, Chris Paul will have more leverage, we'll be able to include Felton in trades and we'll have earned the respect that comes with being a good team.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 07-26-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
BBD you still hate gallo? How? He was our best defender after Jeffries got traded, when his stroke was off and they let him out of the corner he'd put up near double digit boards, when we let him take the ball and attack the hoop he went to the line 7-8 times a game, he's very smart, fiery and tough. What's not to love about Gallo? The fact that he's not Josh Smith athletically? That's not enough reason to "hate" the kid. He's a stud and the best young Knick during my fanhood, which only spans back to the mid to late 90s.
He reminds me of Dirk too much. I don't like cup cakes.

I still believe in old school basketball, with tough guys up front. Maybe my basketball beliefs are dated, but I still believe in toughness in your front court.

Gallo isn't tough to me. He's a cup cake.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He reminds me of Dirk too much. I don't like cup cakes.

I still believe in old school basketball, with tough guys up front. Maybe my basketball beliefs are dated, but I still believe in toughness in your front court.

Gallo isn't tough to me. He's a cup cake.
Gallo was our toughest player last year. Dude's gone up against the likes of Amare and Melo, two very powerful scorers, and fought with them on every possession. He's the most old school type of knick we've had since Spree left.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Gallo was our toughest player last year.
That's not saying much.

I just hate our brand of basketball. I don't believe in it. I know liking Stoudemire is a contradiction to that, but I think Stoudemire possesses rare offensive skills.

And while he isn't worth a lick on defense, he still brings a tough demeanor to the front court with his aggressive style.

Throw in Caron Butler to play SF, CP3 at point, and Okafor at Center, and you got a tough hardnosed team that has 2 legit scorers in CP3 and Stoudemire, and a good #3 in Butler.

And good overall team defense. That's a good tough team.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think the new NBA CBA should allow teams to franchise players?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd actually like that team very much. But if i were the Knicks, i'd hate to give up Gallo in a trade for Chris Paul, it just seems that with Paul, Gallo could become a star.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Do you think the new NBA CBA should allow teams to franchise players?
**** no. The franchise tag is the most over-powered front office move in all of sports. I'll hate the NBA if they ever brought something like that.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I'd actually like that team very much. But if i were the Knicks, i'd hate to give up Gallo in a trade for Chris Paul, it just seems that with Paul, Gallo could become a star.
Yeah, but we're not getting Paul without giving up Gallo. And I think the pros of having Paul play with Stoudemire outweigh the cons of losing Gallo and his potential.

What would you rather have, Paul + Okafor + signing Butler next year, or Tony Parker + Gallo + ???

If we keep Gallo, we won't go after Butler.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** no. The franchise tag is the most over-powered front office move in all of sports. I'll hate the NBA if they ever brought something like that.
I really think something will be done to prohibit more superteams from forming.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cant afford Caron Butler with Emeka Okafors contract, Paul and Amare.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I really think something will be done to prohibit more superteams from forming.
I don't think the NBA cares though. They love dynasties.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
You cant afford Caron Butler with Emeka Okafors contract, Paul and Amare.
You think Butler will require a max deal? I don't see it. We can squeeze him in. Our bench would have to be a little light, but I think they can make it work.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's not saying much.

I just hate our brand of basketball. I don't believe in it. I know liking Stoudemire is a contradiction to that, but I think Stoudemire possesses rare offensive skills.

And while he isn't worth a lick on defense, he still brings a tough demeanor to the front court with his aggressive style.

Throw in Caron Butler to play SF, CP3 at point, and Okafor at Center, and you got a tough hardnosed team that has 2 legit scorers in CP3 and Stoudemire, and a good #3 in Butler.

And good overall team defense. That's a good tough team.
That's not saying much but Gallo was legitimately tough, a hardnosed competitor. He's the type of guy that made me love those 90s knicks, except he's a tall, super skilled european on top of that warrior spirit.

What's wrong with our style of basketball? Outside of Amare everyone on the roster right now is a two way, versatile player who'll work hard and play as a team. I love our current set up for todays NBA, where you just don't get the skilled big men to play a slow, toss it into the paint style of basketball. If we could pull of Felton, Randolph, Chandler and Efat for Paul and Okafor at the deadline we'd have a legit contender on our hands even without getting rid of Okafor and making room for Melo.

Quote:
I think Gallo's going to become a star with Amare. He was already beasting when we let him take a more prominent role last year without having a monster like Stat drawing attention. I think if the roster stays as is Gallo will be averaging around 20+ pnts per game with ~5 boards and ~5 assists with about a block and a steal per game while going to the line 6+ times. Those are great numbers for a young kid and with another year or two to improve upon them that's a perennial allstar.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Rosebud : 07-26-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You think Butler will require a max deal? I don't see it. We can squeeze him in. Our bench would have to be a little light, but I think they can make it work.
I don't think he will get a max deal but outside of Melo he is probably the best fa available on the market. He is going to get a good amount of money from somebody probably the Mavs. We don't have the room to sign him if you have Emeka's contract.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Reports of Chris Paul's trade demand were greatly exaggerated:

That sure does not sound like an ultimatum to me..
I think NOR still plans to trade Paul. What this is is a smokescreen. NOR doesn't want to diminish their leverage by being in a position where other teams feel like the Hornets are forced to trade Paul, thereby losing negotiation power to bring in a good deal. I think they got Paul to agree to helping them out, and in turn they will seek a trade during the season once the dust has settled.

Right now, if Paul came away forcing a trade, NOR would be jacked in finding good value as teams would under pay for Paul knowing that the Hornets hands are tied.

...now if NOR trades Collison and dumps Okafor in the process, then I know for sure that Paul isn't going anywhere.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what are the chances TMac really does embrace a role coming of the bench for the Bulls?

I'm personally scared to death that he's just saying that and once he's on the team will be a giant cancer. Also, how effective can he be? I haven't paid a lot of attention to him the last couple years, but he seems to be a thin shell of his former self.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

enjoy his seemingly useless knees and first round jinx

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
enjoy his seemingly useless knees and first round jinx
I thought it was mildly amusing, myself, when Houston got past the first round with no Yao or T-Mac, and Ron Artest and Shane Battier took the Lakers to seven games by themselves.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote