Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2010, 08:39 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol. We'd give u our best two starting big men for a decent starter and a back up.(YES I AM A GRIZZLIES SUPPORTER/FAN). Memphis needs a guy that can get everyone involved not another scorer. Mayo/Rudy/Zach can all get 20, it's just a matter of keeping the offense from stagnating. That and we need better bench play.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...ass-on-mcgrady

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5412508

Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.

Apparently after interviewing him, and then the post workout interviews, the Bulls weren't convinced McGrady will be willing to accept a reserve role. Who'da thought...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Rotoworld:

Yao Ming said Monday he may quit basketball after next season if his foot injury doesn't heal.
Yao made the comments to the Chinese state media, so we don't have many details or context yet. But he sounded pessimistic about his future and frustrated with the lack of progress in his recovery. Dynasty owners shouldn't be cutting bait until we know more, but for now it's looking like any production from Yao this season will be a bonus.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Per Rotoworld:

Yao Ming said Monday he may quit basketball after next season if his foot injury doesn't heal.
Yao made the comments to the Chinese state media, so we don't have many details or context yet. But he sounded pessimistic about his future and frustrated with the lack of progress in his recovery. Dynasty owners shouldn't be cutting bait until we know more, but for now it's looking like any production from Yao this season will be a bonus.
:(

Healthy Yao was one of the most fascinating players to watch in the NBA. Awesome character too.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This just makes me happy!

Heat 4 Life!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
This just makes me happy!

Heat 4 Life!
LOL. Since when are you a Rangers fan??? I will admit... It's fun cheering for them. Just wait till Mark Cuban buys the team. We'll be the challenging the Yankees!!! LOL. I wish.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
LOL. Since when are you a Rangers fan??? I will admit... It's fun cheering for them. Just wait till Mark Cuban buys the team. We'll be the challenging the Yankees!!! LOL. I wish.
Ehhh I made a post about it in the MLB thread a couple of weeks ago after another depressing outing by my O's so I figured what the heck I'll get a sig and rock it for awhile.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is it that all of the great, true Centers in the NBA cannot stay healthy: Yao, Bynum and Oden are throwbacks to the way the game used to be played, but they can barely stay on the court.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Why is it that all of the great, true Centers in the NBA cannot stay healthy: Yao, Bynum and Oden are throwbacks to the way the game used to be played, but they can barely stay on the court.
Because back in the day, the game was a finesse game. Now days, post players need to be able to handle really physical play.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And faster play haha. That can really put ware on knees I would think as a time goes by..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ehhh I made a post about it in the MLB thread a couple of weeks ago after another depressing outing by my O's so I figured what the heck I'll get a sig and rock it for awhile.
Nothing like a frontrunner...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did the Miami Heat just find their PG??????

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2010/0...-well-call-you
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Nothing like a frontrunner...
I have no team, never had in fact and this actually has me intrigued to watch the NBA regular season. So if that makes me a frontrunner then so be it.........

Chalk one more up to the bad guys

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-27-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The cynic in me really wants to say it's because of HGH and the like.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
And faster play haha. That can really put ware on knees I would think as a time goes by..
Game was way faster back in the day of the great big men. It was fast breaks 24/7.

I think Yao just gets hurt because he's so damn huge. People aren't supposed to be 7'6". And the people that are, aren't supposed to play basketball. Their bodies are under extreme amounts of pressure just to move around like normal people, let alone professional athletes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, only recently has the NBA started speeding back up. The last decade will surely not be remembered for fast, high scoring performances.

Old 07-28-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no team, never had in fact and this actually has me intrigued to watch the NBA regular season. So if that makes me a frontrunner then so be it.........

Chalk one more up to the bad guys
No worries, I am all over the Thunder bandwagon.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Topic for discussion, many people have pegged the Miami-LA finals a foregone conclusion. I think that is most likely what we are going to see. However, most of the conversation regards whether Miami can beat Orlando, Boston and Chicago. The question I want to know is, who is the team that could knock off LA in the West?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Topic for discussion, many people have pegged the Miami-LA finals a foregone conclusion. I think that is most likely what we are going to see. However, most of the conversation regards whether Miami can beat Orlando, Boston and Chicago. The question I want to know is, who is the team that could knock off LA in the West?
The Thunder. The Mavs maybe??? ****, I dunno, looks like its the Lakers lol.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:57 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thunder, Blazers, Mavericks, Rockets, Jazz, Nuggets, Spurs, Suns

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
The Thunder. The Mavs maybe??? ****, I dunno, looks like its the Lakers lol.

Yeah, the West looks like it will be more one-sided than the East I think. Dallas is my choice, I think the addition of Haywood/Chandler give them more of a legitimate low-post presence than they have had. Oklahoma City is third, but their experience level is still too low for my taste.

Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The East is 3-4 top tier teams, and a bunch of ****, the West is one top tier team, a bunch of very good teams, and then some **** at the bottom. Lakers have won 3 straight WCFs, and barring an insane series by Durant and the Durantulas, I don't see that changing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haywood was on the team last season, but for whatever reason Carlisle gave most of the minutes to Dampier. We've gotten better, I mean Chandler is a nice addition, but it looks like Cuban and Carlisle are trying to sell the fans that the improvement of Roddy B and more minutes for Haywood will magically make us good enough to contend against LA. Ohhh k. :/

I expect another 50+ win regular season and if we're lucky an appearance in the WCF.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

West is so much deeper than the East, honestly the only team I see competing with the Heat is the Magic only because they don't have anyone to stop Howard

they are just far too athletic for the Celtics to defend and the Bulls are still pretty far away

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

On a side note: I had never seen that LeBron James block of Jason Richardson, when he tried to do a 360 dunk... hahahahaha