Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2010, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Especially when the big piece you added to your team in the offseason is Carlos Boozer.

Boozer absolutely must have a clean-up big man or else he gets exposed on defense or on the boards. He's one of the best low-post players in basketball, but that's the only thing he puts any effort into.

Boozer is gonna flourish like we've never seen when he's back and fully healthy.

Yeah, Joakim Noah is by far the best partner he's ever been with. Both in terms of talent and in style.

Last edited by Shiver : 11-09-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
You mean win games like last night where he lost? The game was close at the end of the game and the team with a center that protected the rim and stop Melo from scoring on multiple occasions?

6 Points in the fourth quarter isn't really gonna win games.
Right. I guess shooting 50% from the field, knocking down all your free throws, getting 32 points, 4 steals and 8 rebounds (and 2 blocks) is clearly losing the game for you team.

Hah. People do realize you have to score in times other than the fourth quarter to win, right?
Old 11-09-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Right. I guess shooting 50% from the field, knocking down all your free throws, getting 32 points, 4 steals and 8 rebounds (and 2 blocks) is clearly losing the game for you team.

Hah. People do realize you have to score in times other than the fourth quarter to win, right?
I believe his response was to STRIP saying Melo can singly handedly win games, which was not the case last night.

Granted, I believe STRIP said "for the Bulls", assuming he means the Bulls cast > Denver's cast. But still, if applicable to this situation, "single handedly win games" would more than likely apply to down the stretch in the 4th quarter where the Bulls really don't have a go to scorer other than Rose. In fact, STRIP even qualified it by saying the Bulls have no one to go to in the clutch. With all that said, scoring 6 points in the 4th quarter while not being able to drive on Noah is not very clutch, for lack of a better term.

Not saying Melo isn't that type of player, but the specific example used by dabears was not as erroneous as you are making it seem. Last night, the Bulls had Noah and not Melo late in the game and it worked well for them.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The argument made by STRIP is that Melo is a go to scorer when you need points. That is the supposed issue with the Bulls and even if it was a close game you have a 'go to' scorer to get you those points. He did not come through when it was a Go-to situation.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're using one game as a sample size, over his career Melo has been one of the best in the league in late game situations.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You're using one game as a sample size, over his career Melo has been one of the best in the league in late game situations.
This is true. The original response I don't think was to say Melo is not an elite player or go to scorer, but more to simply state that Melo was not a go to scorer every game. And probably additionally, that last night the Bulls were better off with Noah than with Melo.

Obviously that won't be true every night, but it was just a simple point being proven.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bingo. Carmelo Anthony will win you more games with everything he does cumulatively during a game than Noah will. Also my overall point was that Melo had a superb game and did as much as he could to help his team during the entire course of the game, not just the 4th quarter.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Bingo. Carmelo Anthony will win you more games with everything he does cumulatively during a game than Noah will. Also my overall point was that Melo had a superb game and did as much as he could to help his team during the entire course of the game, not just the 4th quarter.
Honestly, I think it's pretty funny that in the last 5-7 years of Bulls basketball, when the Bulls had those fringe playoff teams that weren't all that great but gave some teams fits, everyone would say the Bulls were just a big man away from being a true competitor.

Now, we have a great big man, and are now seen as a "scorer" away from being a true competitor. I don't know which situation I'd rather have, but I definitely like having Noah more than when we had Gordon as our scorer.

That said, I already like the make up of this team when Boozer comes back. Are we going to be elite? Of course not. And there will be games we lose because we don't have that go to scorer. But just my personal preference, I say we play this season with what we have to see where we're at, then address our SG/scorer issue in the offseason, whether it be with Carmelo or someone else.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome defense by King Monta last night on Sonny Weems.

LOLZ

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

LOLZ
You didn't watch the game. It was actually a ploy by Monta to make Weems think he was really really good so he would stop passing to his teammates.

Monta Ellis plays chess while the rest of the NBA plays CandyLand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What has to be taken into account, though, is that if 'Melo comes in then Luol Deng - the third best scorer on the Bulls - is on his way out. So it's not really straight up Noah or Anthony, you have to ask yourself whether the upgrade you get offensively (and possibly downgrade defensively) from Anthony to Deng is worth whatever difference you'll have between Noah and whatever center they have replace him.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Has anyone heard how bad Monta's injury was?

I was really looking forward to the lowly Derrick Rose attempting to play on the same court as the god-like Monta.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Has anyone heard how bad Monta's injury was?

I was really looking forward to the lowly Derrick Rose attempting to play on the same court as the god-like Monta.
On one hand, it would be good for Rose to be in the presence of greatness like that, so he could learn a little. But overall I think it's best for Derrick if Monta doesn't play, because let's just be real here, Monta is going to absolutely crush D-Rose. Rose won't be able to perform one dribble in the halfcourt before Monta is sprinting for the fastbreak dunk. And when Monta has the ball he is gonna abuse him like Michael Jordan playing at a fat camp. It's gonna crush his confidence so bad that Derrick Rose will be flipping burgers in a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LOLZ
That was more on Vlad Rad for ******* up the pick and roll defense.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
You didn't watch the game. It was actually a ploy by Monta to make Weems think he was really really good so he would stop passing to his teammates.

Monta Ellis plays chess while the rest of the NBA plays CandyLand.
Except Weems rarely passes anyway so this method of chess was doomed from the start.

I like Sonny though. I haven't seen much of him but he appears to be a fairly explosive scorer at a decent clip. We actually drafted him and traded him for the rights to Asik. Weems seems to be a very nice player for the Raptors.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I still can't believe we were able to get Shannon Brown for that worthless pile of ****.

Now if somebody can give us something.....anything for Sasha, and it will be even more win.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
How so? Monta completely overcomitted through the screen and got burned. Vlad's job on that play is to either hedge, trap, switch or contain Weems coming off the screen. Monta's job is to either fight through, switch or trail the screen. Vlad was on his way to contain the ball handler, but Sonny just juked the **** out of Monta and blew by.

Monta's aggressiveness got him burned on that one. It wasn't terrible defense, but for all EvilNixon talks about him shutting people down I just thought that play was enjoyable.

I have no idea why Monta decided to be aggressive on that one since Vlad appeared to be helping.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

The only reason I can see Monta fighting over the top was if the game plan was to trap Weems and force the ball out of his hand.

Still you want to trail the player you're guarding until he gets past the screen and then you fight over the top for the trap.

Wouldn't surprise me though if Vlad blew the assignment haha.

Quote:
Old 11-09-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Nah he wasn't even a Laker the full season in 2008.
He was referring to Chris Paul.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. I felt Paul had the stronger performance that season, but I understand why they gave it to Kobe. He had been snubbed previously.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Tonight's game between Miami and Utah is hugely intriguing to me:

1. Will the Heat use Wade to check Deron Williams like they should?
2. Will Chris Bosh step up, or will Paul Milsap/Al Jefferson abuse him?
3. The Jazz have been annihilated by Wade and James in the past, will we continue to see the maturation of the tandem?
4. Can the Heat continue their elite defensive (87 points per 100 possessions) streak?

Old 11-09-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

LOLZ
Feel free to watch the game. We started trapping pick n rolls from the weakside from the outset. lol.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was GQ Slopball for not securing the back end. We were overplaying and trapping their screens all game because our bigs outside of Beans cannot defend the PnR

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Yeah. I felt Paul had the stronger performance that season, but I understand why they gave it to Kobe. He had been snubbed previously.
Yeah, that Kobe MVP was more of a "career achievement" award. If he had gotten one of the ones he deserved (ie the Nash MVP years), I think that award ends up going to Paul.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather have a team that can make stops then a team that has a go-to scorer is my general point. If Anthony was traded to the Bulls for Noah and Deng the Bulls would be in the same place they are today. On the fringe of the Elite teams. Only now I think they are better to win the post-season because of defensive strength.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote