Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe he belongs out of the lottery but he is still in the mid-late lottery range, and if he came out last year hearing from NBA GM's he would have been the #1 pick for Toronto over Bargnani, Raptors fans consider yourselves lucky.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
tyler hansborough, he's the man. Why is he ranked so low?
IN-CON-SIS-TENT!

That and he's a bit undersized. I think he'll be a solid pro, but nothing more.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
IN-CON-SIS-TENT!

That and he's a bit undersized. I think he'll be a solid pro, but nothing more.
Solid pro is being a little bit generous.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Solid pro is being a little bit generous.
How is that generous? A solid pro can come off the bench his entire career (ala Malik Allen or Adrian Griffin).

I think he'll be a solid pro. Probably not a starter, but a good bench guy.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Yes #1 rule in this thread no Durant vs. Oden posts, I could care less it's all up to who the team drafting is and how they feel of both. As for the Josh Howard comparison it's good in terms of the roles each will play in the NBA but their playing styles are different. Howard is more offensively aggresive while Green is point guard playing SF. Howard is more athletic while Green is no slouch while Green is a much better rebounder capable of playing down low where as Howard is a much stronger perimeter defender. None the less I think Green will be great and will find his way on a high character smart team that goes with him.

Yeah I meant as far as roles go not in their playing styles. I'd love to have him on my Bulls but with Deng there's really no room on the team. Again, awesome thread and great writeup. You're going to post the next one you do, right?
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah every monday although could do it later or earlier some weeks, I am taking requests for players in my writeups as it's hard to decide sometimes which players to write about. Will take individual player questions as well as team draft questions.

Old 02-28-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Hinch87

i would not have trade deng for gasol. There is rumors that pax is waiting to the offseason to get KG as well...and we would trade hinrich and nocioni...with gasol or KG down low and gordon outside shooting that would be perfect....duhon could easily replace hinrich as duhon makes much better passes while penetrating....and the last time i saw hinrich throw an aly to deng i laughed sooooooo hard....it didnt even make it within 10 feet of him.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hinch87 View Post
i would not have trade deng for gasol. There is rumors that pax is waiting to the offseason to get KG as well...and we would trade hinrich and nocioni...with gasol or KG down low and gordon outside shooting that would be perfect....duhon could easily replace hinrich as duhon makes much better passes while penetrating....and the last time i saw hinrich throw an aly to deng i laughed sooooooo hard....it didnt even make it within 10 feet of him.
Hinch, lay off of Hinrich. Enough is enough.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Hinch87

wait....so you are defending that????? cause that pass was awful and he is suppose to be our "great" PG so dont give me that ****. I do not believe that you do not think hinrich can be easily replaced....i am not saying he is terrible...i mean he is just average...he doesnt bring anything special to the table
Old 02-28-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wait....so you are defending that????? cause that pass was awful and he is suppose to be our "great" PG so dont give me that ****. I do not believe that you do not think hinrich can be easily replaced....i am not saying he is terrible...i mean he is just average...he doesnt bring anything special to the table
Man you really need to lay off Hinrich.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Doesn't Hinrich have some clause in his contract that makes him incredibly difficult to trade?
Old 02-28-2007, 08:34 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Either stop with the bashing, or don't post in this forum. People are getting sick and tired of your banters about Kirk.

Hinrich is not the scorer Ben is, but he's a very good all around player who plays great defense, rebounds, is a good PG, and can score. He doesn't do anything great, he just does everything well.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

All I have to say is if the Celtics don't end up with Greg Oden or Kevin Durant after the BS season they are having, I am going to be pissed. Oden especially.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

huge bounceback win for the raps
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:53 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

This Reggie Miller talk is rediculous
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 10:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Bulls win by 30 over Golden State. Like I've been saying, "if" we can somehow put 4 good quarters together, we'll win the East.

But again, that's a GINORMOUS "if" right now.

Quote:
Old 02-28-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
huge bounceback win for the raps
Didn't see the game but it was an important win for them. They put up 106 points on one of the best defenses in the NBA after playing maybe there worst game all year on Monday.

The thing that I like most about the Raps is that they are always in games, there have only been about 2 games this year where they've been beatdown. Other than that they are always either in the lead or within strinking distance of the lead.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Speaking of potential.. I wonder if Shaun Livingston will live up to his.
I think I possibly jynxed him.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
socaldude
Rookie

socaldude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

haha yes you did...but then again he's always injured somehow...so it was kind of expected. But never like this.
socaldude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
I think I possibly jynxed him.
Lions WMD = oracles of doom
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Didn't see the game but it was an important win for them. They put up 106 points on one of the best defenses in the NBA after playing maybe there worst game all year on Monday.

The thing that I like most about the Raps is that they are always in games, there have only been about 2 games this year where they've been beatdown. Other than that they are always either in the lead or within strinking distance of the lead.
Great game tonight. Bargnani was on Fire and some solid play from newly acquired Dixon...I guess you can replace a waterboy with a basketball player.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ghettosermon, what do you think of Aaron Afflalo?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I talked about Aflalo a bit in my first post will write more later when I have time,

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Very nice writeup GS, it was a good read. I liked the mention of Scottie Reynolds as well, I really like his potential and hope he stays in school to get a bit more polish, he could be a very good prospect IMO and when he's on he's fun to watch. Interesting question too about the best all around player, Green and Wright both came to mind. Wright has very good potential especially if he can work on his jumper, he plays good D and passes really well for a forward. Green is definitely more polished and more of a sure thing, I could be way off here but he reminds me a bit of Josh Howard as a do everything SF who really holds a team together. Either is a really good choice but I guess Green makes a bit more sense because he's more well rounded now and has a very good chance of turning out better. I love this thread too, I'm sick of the Oden/Durant debates it's nice to discuss some other prospects.
Yup Scottie was amazing last night, 40 points. Scary thing for Nova fans though is that he is starting to build some draft hype and in such a week class it wouldn't be surprising to see him go mid-late round 1 because of potential.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:37 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
The Suns road East undefeated streaks ends tonight at Philly
WOW what a prediction by me.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco31fb View Post
Great game tonight. Bargnani was on Fire and some solid play from newly acquired Dixon...I guess you can replace a waterboy with a basketball player.
I don't how Colangelo does it, he has managed to trade Araujo for a average bench player and he's traded the useless Fred Jones for a good bench player.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote