Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is a beast, not even a true point but I think he is a great back up PG. Very annoying on defense which is un-Knick like. Douglas and Fields and I guess Turiaf will all play pretty big roles for this team if they want to go further.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I'm not happy with this trade Hawks are doing.

Jordan Crawford and a first is basically 2 first round picks, and they are getting Hinrich. I was hoping for Ramon Session, Felton, Harris, Calderon. Come on.
I thought the Hawks could have held off and traded for Sessions or Felton at least. I have a feeling there were better trades available that they had yet to explore.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Johnson has been faptastic so far.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
James Johnson has been faptastic so far.
i really liked him in the draft and have fun playing with him in 2k11, I think he could be pretty good for you guys, seems like he got placed in a good situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So my two teams the Wizards and Hawks made a trade. Unfortunately for the Hawks they just got hosed. Wow what they gave is almost enough to get a Felton type guard. I watch every Wizards game and Hinrich as blown this year. Bibby as a better shooter than Hinrich and they are about equal as passers. Hinrich's only advantage is athleticism, age, and a little bit better defense. Definitely not worth also giving a first rounder and expiring in Mo Evans and Jordan Crawford who I like more than Teague. For the Wizards though another great trade to build for the the future. Remember the Wizards got Hinrich and Serpahin for free from the Bulls who wanted cap room, so we essentially just got Seraphin, Bibby, Jordan Crawford, Mo Evans, and a future first out of nothing.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup. I mean he has already played 25 minutes in the first three quarters. Def gonna get minutes to prove himself.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
So my two teams the Wizards and Hawks made a trade. Unfortunately for the Hawks they just got hosed. Wow what they gave is almost enough to get a Felton type guard. I watch every Wizards game and Hinrich as blown this year. Bibby as a better shooter than Hinrich and they are about equal as passers. Hinrich's only advantage is athleticism, age, and a little bit better defense. Definitely not worth also giving a first rounder and expiring in Mo Evans and Jordan Crawford who I like more than Teague. For the Wizards though another great trade to build for the the future. Remember the Wizards got Hinrich and Serpahin for free from the Bulls who wanted cap room, so we essentially just got Seraphin, Bibby, Jordan Crawford, Mo Evans, and a future first out of nothing.
Seems like they wanted Hinrich for his defense, which apparently is a good deal better than Bibby's:

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=651

Quote:
At the defensive end, Hinrich more than evens up that difference. He is one of the league’s better defenders at guard, and while Hinrich does not excel against quicker guards, point guards of all varieties torched Bibby at the defensive end. According to Basketball Prospectus’ counterpart numbers, the Hawks have defended point guards as poorly as any team has defended any position. Hinrich’s size and strength will also help Atlanta switch at the defensive end.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't under the impression that Hinrich was a defensive stopper.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hinrich one of the best defenders in the league? What a joke. He puts his nose in there but he's a nip slow against super quick points, and gets posted with ease by 2 guards. He definitely tries but he's not a great defender at all.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Kirk getting paid like 8 mil this year?

Nonsense even for being a decent backup.
Go Amare.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember the draft and I wanted the Bulls to take Jordan Crawford so bad. I knew we needed at SG and look at us at the 2 now. :(
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hinrich hasn't been an elite defender at guard in years.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Statistically better than Bibby's dead last according to that I guess.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

I'm excited about seeing Jordan Crawford in there with Wall. He complements him well offensively. Also makes us less dependent on Nick Young for all perimeter scoring.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bulls playing like poop, especially on D. Do not want.

Still in the game though despite Toronto shooting a billion %.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

**** these refs.

Boozer just shoved Amir to the ground and got the putback. **** that
Old 02-23-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm excited about seeing Jordan Crawford in there with Wall. He complements him well offensively. Also makes us less dependent on Nick Young for all perimeter scoring.
Doesn't Young have all the tools to be a starting 2.. besides work ethic?

I start him next to Wall in 2k and he is just a great scorer.
Go Amare.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
**** these refs.

Boozer just shoved Amir to the ground and got the putback. **** that
You're just mad that Toronto has like the softest front court in the league. They fall down when someone breathes on them, especially Bargs.

Lol Boozer barely touched him with one hand.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Doesn't Young have all the tools to be a starting 2.. besides work ethic?

I start him next to Wall in 2k and he is just a great scorer.
Don't get me wrong he has 20 ppg potential, well he's actually pretty close to that on good shooting percentages, problem is he shouldn't be playing more than 30 minutes. He brings nothing other than scoring. Can't pass, play defense, or rebound. Problem is that Hinrich was the only other guard on roster period. Nice to add some depth there. Bibby can spot up with the 3's along with John Wall. Wizards front line is another story. Tons of mediocre players but no standouts. Josh Howard, Al Thornton, Rashard Lewis, Andray Blatche, Javale Mcgee, Yi Jianlian, Trevor Booker, Kevin Seraphin. Looks like sick depth on paper but when all of them play in their own world it doesn't work.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
You're just mad that Toronto has like the softest front court in the league. They fall down when someone breathes on them, especially Bargs.

Lol Boozer barely touched him with one hand.
Bargs is the only soft big man on the team who plays(Ajinca rarely plays). Neither Ed Davis,Amir or Reggie Evans are soft, but sure you can keep not knowing what you are talkign about.

Not sure if you know...lolz but a push in the back with just one hand can easily push someone over when you are playing downlow
Old 02-23-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Bargs is the only soft big man on the team who plays(Ajinca rarely players). Neither Ed Davis,Amir or Reggie Evans are soft, but sure you can keep not knowing what you are talkign about.
By soft I mean they aren't very good at defending. Amir is a shot blocker, but he is not a man up defender. Boozer has backed him down to like a foot within the basket all night and did the same thing last game.

And again, Boozer barely touched him. Just because Amir fell over easily doesn't mean it was a foul. You're allowed to at least touch other players. Boozer's arm wasn't even extended, how is that a push?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
By soft I mean they aren't very good at defending. Amir is a shot blocker, but he is not a man up defender. Boozer has backed him down to like a foot within the basket all night and did the same thing last game.

And again, Boozer barely touched him. Just because Amir fell over easily doesn't mean it was a foul. You're allowed to at least touch other players. Boozer's arm wasn't even extended, how is that a push?
Since when does soft mean not good at defending? Amir is a decent man up defender and his offball defence is solid as well(better than Boozer at least). Boozer is also one of the better lowpost scorers in the league so it is hard to just that as a measuring stick. Ed Davis is a solid defender for a rook and Bargnani is an average defender himself, so by your standards he isn't soft?
Old 02-23-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

I gotta admit, Eddy was a nasty shot blocker in college but was soft alot.

However, I think his transition to the NBA has helped him to become alot more aggressive when attacking the hoop.
Go Amare.

Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I gotta admit, Eddy was a nasty shot blocker in college but was soft alot.

However, I think his transition to the NBA has helped him to become alot more aggressive when attacking the hoop.
He is a lot more agressive that I expected. It's kinda tough to judge a big mans defence when he's a rook. It is just such a major adjustment.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:20 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Since when does soft mean not good at defending? Amir is a decent man up defender and his offball defence is solid as well(better than Boozer at least). Boozer is also one of the better lowpost scorers in the league so it is hard to just that as a measuring stick. Ed Davis is a solid defender for a rook and Bargnani is an average defender himself, so by your standards he isn't soft?
Meh. None of them are good post up players, none of them are better than average post up defenders, none of them are above average rebounders. Boozer (who is an incredibly soft defender at best) has had his way with Amir these last 2 games, backing him down with ease.

That's what I mean by soft. No one in Toronto's front court is anything above average at standing their ground or playing down low. That's not to say they aren't good, they just aren't very strong in the paint.

Just not the Bulls night tonight. Oh well...