Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His dad must of gave him some tips when transitioning, he is so long and will probably develop into one of the better low best defenders.

Little more muscle and he'll be alright.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then you should probably stop using the word "soft", as that isn't what it means at all, and Bargnani is an above average post-up player even if he doesn't go to it too much.

I fully expect the Bulls to win this game btw. Just nice to see some life in the Raptors
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Then you should probably stop using the word "soft", as that isn't what it means at all, and Bargnani is an above average post-up player even if he doesn't go to it too much.

I fully expect the Bulls to win this game btw. Just nice to see some life in the Raptors
The Bulls team defense has been horrible tonight. Luckily Rose is keeping the Bulls in it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Soft to me is not strong against comparable players. I'll take it back in that Bargs is better than average posting up, but he isn't a good post defender and none of the other guys are very good post players. I may have been exaggerating in saying they are the softest (really that's NY), but they are still a pretty soft front court. That's just my view of what soft is, I don't know what else to call it.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not gonna keep arguing what "soft" means, but your definition is dumb and wrong.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not gonna keep arguing what "soft" means, but your definition is dumb and wrong.
Well what's your definition of soft for a big man? That's what I've always seen "soft" as referred to...big men that can't play strong down low.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-23-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Well what's your definition of soft for a big man? That's what I've always seen "soft" as referred to...big men that can't play strong down low.
More has to do with a mindset imo. Somone who isn't willing to bang down low and get their nose dirty.

Amir just boozered Boozer :D
Old 02-23-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boris Diaw is the definition of soft

Soft adj \ˈsȯft\

Old 02-23-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

Quote:
More has to do with a mindset imo. Somone who isn't willing to band down low and get their nose dirty.

Amir just boozered Boozer :D
Yea that was a nasty move.

I guess we'll just disagree.

Really just an awful game by the Bulls combined with the Raptors shooting lights out, pretty much how the Knicks beat us twice this year. Oh well, let's roll Chris Bosh's ankle tomorrow so he can complain about guys playing hard instead of doing it himself.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 02-23-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Clearly the only difference between the Bulls and Raps up to this point was James Johnson. Maybe Brody was right when he said there would be a power shift in the East :D

Also, I am curious if BC can get something for Barbosa or maybe even Calderon(although I wouldn't want to just salary dump him)
Old 02-23-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's funny Boris Diaw used to be a PG in atlanta.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bulls shot awfully. Under 45% and Raps above 55% and it was this close. That means the raps blow *****.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like how the hawks gave up 2 very good bench players, a solid (not great) PG and a 1st round pick for a middle of the road PG.. mannnn..

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
I don't like how the hawks gave up 2 very good bench players, a solid (not great) PG and a 1st round pick for a middle of the road PG.. mannnn..
Mo Evans used to be worth something as a bench player, but he's just terrible now. Jordan Crawford has a lot of potential, and I hate trading him, but Hawks are not going to give him minutes anytime soon.

Hinrich is not much better then Bibby, and it was a high price to pay for him. Bibby actually fits really well with the team, give the ball to Johnson and he is sitting at the 3 point line knocking them down. Only problem is that Bibby doesn't play defense at all. Hinrich is vastly overpaid and just turned 30, won't do anything for the Hawks.

The team has topped out, they are a playoff team, but won't ever get passed round 2. They don't have a center and a PG.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-23-2011, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Derrick Rose is obviously one of the best PGs in the league and an MVP candidate, but he still has to pass more than he does. His shot attempts are ridiculous. Rose was clearly the reason the Bulls came back in that game, but at the end of the game the Raps were able to just completely collapse on Rose knowing he just wasn't gonna dish it leading to the Amir block that iced the game. He's gotta learn to dish it when teams collapse on him like that, especially with everyone back and healthy.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post

The team has topped out, they are a playoff team, but won't ever get passed round 2. They don't have a center and a PG.
While Horford may be better suited for PF....he is definately a top C in the East.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
While Horford may be better suited for PF....he is definately a top C in the East.
He's not a center though. Jason Collins is actually the starter now.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God...we lost to the Kings! ugh.

I at least feel happy for my boy Jermaine Taylor, though. I've always been a big fan, and it's nice to see him doing well with this opportunity. I wanted Orlando to draft him pretty bad. He can certainly play in this league.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derrick Rose is obviously one of the best PGs in the league and an MVP candidate, but he still has to pass more than he does. His shot attempts are ridiculous. Rose was clearly the reason the Bulls came back in that game, but at the end of the game the Raps were able to just completely collapse on Rose knowing he just wasn't gonna dish it leading to the Amir block that iced the game. He's gotta learn to dish it when teams collapse on him like that, especially with everyone back and healthy.
Dishing to Omer Asik, Keith Bogans, Ronnie Brewer, Joakim Noah or taking it himself hm....I hope he takes it.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Dishing to Omer Asik, Keith Bogans, Ronnie Brewer, Joakim Noah or taking it himself hm....I hope he takes it.
:/

Way to leave out Deng and Boozer
Old 02-23-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:
:/

Way to leave out Deng and Boozer
because the people on them dont collapse as much. ..when they collapse but keep the pass angle occupied as well
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

On the play I was talking about Amir(who covers Boozer) completely collapsed on Rose. James Johnson/Sonny Weems(covering Deng) was also constantly trying to help cover Rose
Old 02-23-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

He may feel more comfortable dishing it when they start knocking down more shots in general. Id rather have him taking the shots than trying to fill some stereotype that could lead to his team losing more. He wins games with the ball in his hands. He doesn't have the luxury for great perimeter shooters, Deng is wildly inconsistent, Bogans/brewer/korver meh city.

If he had Ray Allen he would be more comfortable with dishing it. Then he'd average 24 and 14 though. :D
Quote:
Old 02-23-2011, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Until it becomes a detriment to the teams success as teams could constantly just collapse on him. Obviously it has worked decently well up to this point, but with the team getting healthy he is gonna have to learn to use his teammates or else you can expect an early exit in the playoffs

...and Korver is one of the better 3P shooters in the league.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Until it becomes a detriment to the teams success as teams could constantly just collapse on him. Obviously it has worked decently well up to this point, but with the team getting healthy he is gonna have to learn to use his teammates or else you can expect an early exit in the playoffs

...and Korver is one of the better 3P shooters in the league.
Yes he only had 10 assists tonight. I am fine with him taking that final drive because the previous 5 or so drives he was pretty freely getting to the rim at his leisure. The game was pretty much over at that point any way and they needed a quick bucket, while a pass would have probably been a few more away from another shot.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote