Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2011, 11:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Aaron Afflalo in a Bulls uniform next year. Have I mentioned that he's a perfect fit next to Rose yet? He'd be lethal.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I want Aaron Afflalo in a Bulls uniform next year. Have I mentioned that he's a perfect fit next to Rose yet? He'd be lethal.
I will get you Afflalo if you can get me Gallo and Mozgov back.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweetness that is a good fit, especially since he plays defense. The OJ Mayo rumblings just rubbed me the wrong way though Im sure they would be a slightly better team, I feel like he needs the ball though and so does Rose/Boozer.

Anyway I feel like Affalo has picked up his game a little more each year.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gallo destroyin' bitches!

Am I allowed to talk about him without Chucky being a tool every time someone brings him up? Since he is no longer a Knick and there are no Nuggets fans on the board.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Roy is still Clutch.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Sweetness that is a good fit, especially since he plays defense. The OJ Mayo rumblings just rubbed me the wrong way though Im sure they would be a slightly better team, I feel like he needs the ball though and so does Rose/Boozer.

Anyway I feel like Affalo has picked up his game a little more each year.
Afflalo is a stud. Perfect complimentary piece and a solid all around player. He shoots lights out, he's good off the dribble and as you said he's a beast on defense.

My problem with Mayo is that you have to play through him and he needs the ball to be truly effective. Guys like Afflalo, Lee, Parker, etc excel off the ball as spot up players.

I wonder what it'd take to get Afflalo. Taj, a first and filler? I'd do that.

Oh and Brandon Roy is back.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 02-26-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh and Brandon Roy is back.
Not really. He'll be hurt again in a week or two.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 12:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Not really. He'll be hurt again in a week or two.
Who pissed in your Cheerios tonight? Quit being a one-downer.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2011, 12:14 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Time to take Lawson out. That's two horrid plays in a row.

C'mon Nuggets. It's Gallo time.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who pissed in your Cheerios tonight? Quit being a one-downer.
I'm just saying Roy can't play for long on his knees.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-26-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'm just saying Roy can't play for long on his knees.
Oh I know, but you didn't have to **** on the moment. :(

I miss prime-Roy.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Yeah, watching Afflalo right now isn't helping matters.

Quote:
Old 02-26-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Really should have gotten Gallo involved more in the OT.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-26-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Gallo destroyin' bitches!

Am I allowed to talk about him without Chucky being a tool every time someone brings him up? Since he is no longer a Knick and there are no Nuggets fans on the board.
Someone had to balance out the ridiculous amount of Knicks homer-ism in the thread.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 03:32 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me or do the Nuggets look like they're playing with better chemistry now than without 'Melo? They have won two games and came thisclose to beating the Blazers tonight. Maybe I'm just reading too much into the performance of Felton, Chandler, and Gallo in Nuggets unis.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:09 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Is it me or do the Nuggets look like they're playing with better chemistry now than without 'Melo? They have won two games and came thisclose to beating the Blazers tonight. Maybe I'm just reading too much into the performance of Felton, Chandler, and Gallo in Nuggets unis.
Of course with all of the Melo talk it was hard for them to be a team. Also the fact that they have no go to player. Lets be honest as great as Melo is he was a ball stopper in Denver. Once he got the ball he'd hold it out to make a move. Now that he's gone there is actual ball movement.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Clark may have taken Ryan Anderson's spot in the rotation and I'm loving it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:59 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
What chemistry would they have with Melo? Did Carmelo Anthony ever help his teammates and make them better by not playing defense and sitting in Iso with the ball in his hand 40% of the time?

I agree with Charles Barkely: the Nuggets would beat the Knicks in a playoff series if they matched up. They have speed, depth, shooters, size.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is overreacting to 2 games. Chemistry doesn't happen overnight.

The Knicks are absolutely a better team in the long term with Melo. This year? Debatable. After this year? I don't see how we won't be better.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:36 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Of course with all of the Melo talk it was hard for them to be a team. Also the fact that they have no go to player. Lets be honest as great as Melo is he was a ball stopper in Denver. Once he got the ball he'd hold it out to make a move. Now that he's gone there is actual ball movement.
Yea but anytime a team loses a superstar your gonna get more ball rotation, that's nothing new. I'm certain the Cavs have a ton of ball rotation this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:37 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Everyone is overreacting to 2 games. Chemistry doesn't happen overnight.

The Knicks are absolutely a better team in the long term with Melo. This year? Debatable. After this year? I don't see how we won't be better.

Depends on the CBA and if there is a next year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i saw on espn.com that the cavs are targeting Irving with the #1 pick. is it safe to say hes coming back to college now?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Depends on the CBA and if there is a next year.
I'm guessing next year is a strike shortened season like 99.

I think we underestimated Chauncey Billups. The guy has more in the tank than I thought, and I like his leadership and clutchness a lot.

Losing Mozgov was actually the biggest blow to the Knicks. We need his size.

The Knicks need a backup PG and a 7 footer who can give us 25 minutes, 6 fouls, and 7 rebounds a night.

That's not impossible to find. We'll be ok.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Earl Clark may have taken Ryan Anderson's spot in the rotation and I'm loving it.
Are you serious? Anderson's been one of the better players for the Magic and he loses his spot? Jesus christ SVG is an idiot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-26-2011, 07:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I feel bad for Raymond Felton. He got screwed in Denver. He is not a backup PG.

I guess they can use him as trade bait next year. Denver will be a very good team moving forward if they play their cards right.