Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell would Sactown buy out Dalembert?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sammy D's not getting cut. Murphy is rumored to go there if he is bought out and Boston Herald said that Celts are extremely interested in Sasha Pavlovic, Jason Kapono, and Dan Gadzuric, the first two would be absolute head scratchers, is Boston trying to become Phoenix or something.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of those three are absolutely terrible players, and there is no ******* reason to trade a useful young big for a second rounder to open up a spot for any of them.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doc Rivers is a basketball mastermind. He will coach the Celtics past any deficiencies they have, and he will make any Free Agent signing feel like he's been on the team for a whole season. The man is a genius, he can not coach a bad team.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Sammy D's not getting cut. Murphy is rumored to go there if he is bought out and Boston Herald said that Celts are extremely interested in Sasha Pavlovic, Jason Kapono, and Dan Gadzuric, the first two would be absolute head scratchers, is Boston trying to become Phoenix or something.
we have more size than Boston :)

Fropez 7'0
Gortat 6'11
Siler 6'11
Frye 6'11
Warrick 6'9
Lawal 6'9
Hill 6'8
Childress 6'8
Dudley 6'7
Carter 6'6
Pietrus 6'6
Nash 6'3
Dowdell 6'3
Brooks 6'0

Last edited by fenikz : 02-26-2011 at 06:35 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why the hell would Sactown buy out Dalembert?
*shrugs* ... Just what I read...

WMD... I can't read between the lines... sarcasm or no?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
The Celtics are totally banking on their old ass big man depth staying healthy. Not a good idea imo. I'd rather have Perk. Green isn't all that efficient offensively and is only alright defensively, I haven't been a huge fan the last few years.
Getting Kristic back in that deal was huge for Boston. If they didn't get him in this deal, I'd be really pissed. You have to realize that the C's had NOTHING behind Ray and Pierce. Now they have a guy that can do everything. Green can play and defend 3 positions, has an outside shot, has some inside game, and can run. He's a potentially much better version of James Posey.

They'll have to figure out how to get things done without Perk, but I'll take Green and Kristic. The reason they couldn't get back to the Finals 2 years ago is because they lacked someone who could fill in for Pierce and Ray, and it's also the reason they couldn't put the clamps down on the Lakers last year and struggled for a lot of the regular season.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NENAD IS AWESOME
also, if Dan's bought out that'd be nice, i wanna see Wright get minutes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I know Earl Clark is a much better defender, but Anderson's plus/minus numbers don't lie, and he's a ridiculous shooter for a big man.
We both know that +/- numbers mean nothing. It's too dependent on the player's role and who else is on the floor with him at the time.

Anderson is one of the few young guys on the Magic that have value, but he's a shooter who is tall... he's not a big man who is a shooter. He doesn't have a big man's game.

This probably will shock people, but Earl Clark was the best player acquired in Orlando's December trades. Absolute steal.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I don't understand how you go from "gutting roster, tanking for two years, building for future" to "must win nowzzzzzz" in six months. How the **** does that happen?
Yes, but it is New York after. But unfortunately for them they won't be winning much from here on out. It will be DEFCON-1 in about two weeks when they continue to lose and fall to the 7th/8th seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Hate seeing Perk go, but that was a great trade for the C's. The Erden/Harangody trade is a bit puzzling...

Jeff Green, if not a bad basketball player, is not very good.

Things Jeff Green is below average at include:

Rebounding
3-Pt shooting
Field Goal Percentage
He doesn't have a true position
Defense

For whatever reason he's always gotten a pass just because he was a starter on a good, upstart team. So he must be good, right? No.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We both know that +/- numbers mean nothing. It's too dependent on the player's role and who else is on the floor with him at the time.
Omer Asik was a game high +17 vs. the Heat the other night. Are you trying to tell me he wasn't the best and most influential player on the court that night?

2 of our top 5 +/- lineups on the year have Asik in them at +36 and +30.

Clearly +/- know what's up because Asik is the ish.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously +/- has it's flaws, just as all stats do, but to completely discount it is dumb.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Green is a three... but he plays the four bc, you know, the league's leading scorer is a three and on his team.
I don't get this whole "doesn't have a position" talk. He just wasn't able to play his position.
I'd expect his FG percentage to go up once he's playing his natural position.
He's an upgrade over Posey, minus the three point shooting which I think his 30% is as good as it's going to get.
He's also, hopefully, the replacement to Pierce as our starting three in the future.

Also, recovering from an ACL injury + strained MCL in other knee + rejecting contract extension = one way ticket out of Boston

Old 02-26-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chase Budinger rules. I'm glad I named my Fantasy Basketball team after him.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if Jeff Green plays better in Boston than he did in OKC, especially defensively, I counter with this point: do you really want to play with a small line-up, as Doc mentioned he wanted to do more of, in a conference finals match-up with Miami? It isn't a smart match-up against any of their top conference rivals. But especially against Miami that struggles in tough, grind it out half court sets but thrives in a small and fast game. By then they will have Udonis Haslem as well.

I'd rather take my chances that Perkins gets back healthy, win one more championship and then let him hit the road and sign an extension elsewhere next year. If there is a next year, which furthers my case that with their age it should be 2011 or bust.

Last edited by Shiver : 02-26-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is some craziness for all of you

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-eXL51f9C-2...rbury_melo.png
Old 02-26-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not trying to restart all the of the stuff from before just saw it and posted it for people to look at.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

This Celtics-Clippers game is playing into my theory: the Celtics are actually out-sized in this one, and the quickened pace is favoring the younger and more athletic team. Obviously it is too early to make big conclusions, but I really think going smaller is a bad idea. Even if there are legitimate reasons to get rid of Perkins. Though they may get the re-animated corpses of Jermaine and Shaquille O'Neal back at some point, I suppose.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The best comparison for the situation in NY is really simple: the Houston Rockets with Yao Ming and Tracy McGrady. In his prime McGrady was much better than Carmelo Anthony, even his playoff winning % is better if you can believe that. Carmelo may not be injury prone like McGrady was, that is his one advantage. Two superstars isn't a guarantee if you don't have role players, and one of your stars is a ticking time bomb of a serious injury; which is why everyone, but NY, stayed away from Stoudemire. Not saying it was wrong for them to take the risk, they really NEEDED him, but it is a risk nonetheless.

Last edited by Shiver : 02-26-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yea, it's definitely too early to say ya or nay but there's some truth in what you say.
Doc and Danny are rolling the dice on the O'Neals though.
I really think Shaq gets sat out for every little thing right now just so he can play extended minutes in the playoffs.
Jermaine is ******. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him again this year.

I see the argument that Perkin's loss makes our chances of winning a championship this year lower...
but I also see the view of a GM... he's either going to continue to be injury prone or he might walk at the end of the year regardless so let's get something for him while we can ala D.Williams and CMelo
(I know, he's not on their planet in terms of skill but the logic is consistent)

I'm stuck... not really sure how to feel about it. I guess I'll let the W/L and playoff success determine it for me.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Joakim Noah.

Also, who doesn't love a rip off song in favor of Derrick Rose for MVP?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Yea, it's definitely too early to say ya or nay but there's some truth in what you say.
Doc and Danny are rolling the dice on the O'Neals though.
I really think Shaq gets sat out for every little thing right now just so he can play extended minutes in the playoffs.
Jermaine is ******. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him again this year.

I see the argument that Perkin's loss makes our chances of winning a championship this year lower...
but I also see the view of a GM... he's either going to continue to be injury prone or he might walk at the end of the year regardless so let's get something for him while we can ala D.Williams and CMelo
(I know, he's not on their planet in terms of skill but the logic is consistent)

I'm stuck... not really sure how to feel about it. I guess I'll let the W/L and playoff success determine it for me.
Fair enough. And kudos I think is in order for him seeing the long term game-plan and wanting to ensure that he will have Rajon Rondo, Glen Davis and Jeff Green as building blocks after the championship window has closed. I think it will be beneficial down the road, but I think there will be an unintended set-back. But who knows, they might still win it and then it is truly a win-win.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem with the something for nothing logic is that Green is also a RFA this season and wants big bucks. If say the clippers throw $40m/5 offer, they really cant match it. You dont want to pay 8 million a year for a guy who plays 20 minutes a game.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the deal from the Celtics perspective but wish they had gotten someone else farther away from free agency or tried to pry Harden away from OKC.
asdf1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kirilenko's hair is unacceptable.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote