Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2011, 11:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Ridiculous shot:

It's nice to see Nick Young developing this year.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

U know he hasn't lost a playoff game yet. He has four more years with these guys. I can't wait, sometime in the next five years all of u will eat crow. The Celtics window is closing cuz they are old, the Bulls will be the threat cuz they have the best PG in a PG league, the Knicks big players have no playoff success, and uh......no one else is worth talking about. I am ******* sick and tired with people treating one Heat loss like an asteroid is about to hit the mother ******* Earth.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
U know he hasn't lost a playoff game yet. He has four more years with these guys. I can't wait, sometime in the next five years all of u will eat crow. The Celtics window is closing cuz they are old, the Bulls will be the threat cuz they have the best PG in a PG league, the Knicks big players have no playoff success, and uh......no one else is worth talking about. I am ******* sick and tired with people treating one Heat loss like an asteroid is about to hit the mother ******* Earth.
hahaha i agree with you, that comment just came to my head and i had to post it.. The big 3 will definitely win a championship, if not 2.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just to play devil's advocate... you're assuming the NBA landscape stays the same without any significant signings/trades/rookies.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heat are only 7-9 vs teams above .500 in the East

Celtics 13-2
Bulls 5-6
Magic 6-8

and how doesn't Amar'e have playoff success?

Last edited by fenikz : 02-27-2011 at 11:47 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Just to play devil's advocate... you're assuming the NBA landscape stays the same without any significant signings/trades/rookies.
Nah, it will change. But the east is pretty bad past the top 6. And I think it will stay that way unless something unforseen happens.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Heat are only 7-9 vs teams above .500 in the East

Celtics are 13-2
SWEET! We've won 7? Thank God for the Hawks and Magic! Its frustrating. Its almost like me. Okay, personal sidenote time. When I played basketball, if I knew my team had no chance of winning, which was most games cuz we sucked, I would not play my best. But teams we could beat, which were like the 7th place games in 8 team tourneys or being guarded by their crappy players, I'd be beasting. So its almost like that for the Heat.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hard to feel sympathy for the Heat when anytime the Heat win you're telling people to suck it and they can dislike the Heat all the want. I know you're just joking around but it doesn't work both ways.

Also, Bill Walker says to bite me, Chucky. :D

(just kidding before you do the obligatory "OMG-BILL-WALKER-TOP-5-PLAYER-IN-THE-NBA" post.)
Old 02-28-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
It's hard to feel sympathy for the Heat when anytime the Heat win you're telling people to suck it and they can dislike the Heat all the want. I know you're just joking around but it doesn't work both ways.

Also, Bill Walker says to bite me, Chucky. :D

(just kidding before you do the obligatory "OMG-BILL-WALKER-TOP-5-PLAYER-IN-THE-NBA" post.)
I like going both ways tho.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Miami Heat seriously need to get kicked in the collective teeth in the playoffs. Kicked in the teeth, in the nuts, in the ol' breadbasket... just pound the living crap out of them like it was a boxing match. If you can't eliminate them outright, make them eat their way through six feet of dirt to break the surface and escape their grave.

The reason I'm saying this is because it will force them to sharpen their edge in subsequent years, refine them into a much stronger ballclub. Because right now they're taking shots form their supposed 'competitors' that they shouldn't be taking to begin with. You can heckle the regular season all you want, but it's still very telling when you have a tough time climbing over that hump.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess this must have motivated Pat Riley, according to Marc Stein the Heat are in heavy pursuit of Troy Murphy and Mike Bibby. They could use the offensive help. In all of their bad losses it was because one of the big three had a bad night and the role players couldn't knock down enough shots.

Last edited by Shiver : 02-28-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you aquire Bibby if it is past the deadline?
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:34 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think there is a waiver type one like in baseball
Old 02-28-2011, 09:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a game! I haven't had that much fun watching a game in a long long time.

I'm telling you, give the Knicks some time to gel, and I think we can do some serious damage in the East. I think we have a puncher's chance to beat any team in the East. The only teams that really scare me are Boston and Miami.

Billups is turning out to be a huge part of that Melo trade. He has a lot more left in the tank than I thought. And his leadership, clutchness, and defense are huge for this team.

One thing I noticed is now, the Knicks have 3 guys who want it bad. We haven't had that since the Ewing era. Billups has the experience and leadership, and Melo and Stat are hungry. I loved the fact that Melo wanted to defend Lebron in the 4th. No fear. He's not afraid to fail, or look bad in a big moment. Love that. I know he wants the last shot, and you need a guy like that on your team.

And I think this team can improve defensively too. There seems to be more emphasis on defense since we got Melo and Billups. Billups preaches it all the time.

Give them some time to gel, and we can be dangerous.

And what's this nonsense that the Knicks have players with no playoff success? Melo went to the Western Conference Finals, ditto for Stoudemire, and Billups has a ring.

That's not too shabby.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 02-28-2011 at 09:57 AM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
i think there is a waiver type one like in baseball
I've never heard of this, to be honest, but if it does exist, would they have to match salaries? They'd have a hell of a time trying to give Golden State 11 million dollars in salary. I think both Murphy and Bibby are getting bought out, which would be a different story.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why is LaBron James so bad at last second shots? Why can't the Heat beat anyone with a pulse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys just don't have the clutch gene. Plus he's not a very good 3 point shooter to begin with...not being clutch just compounds that.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:58 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaBriiiiccckkkk
Old 02-28-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bow down to the greatness of the Knicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Also, i love how Melo's tight D forced Labrick to double clutch and get stuffed like a turkey by STAT.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Bibby is bought out. Jordan Crawford looked great alongside Wall, plus Bibby has no place on this team. No point in having a vet like him who can't play the point well, let him try to get a championship as a spot up shooter. Atlanta did give up way too much for Hinrich but at least now with Hinrich the tempo has risen and they don't need to help him on defense like they did Bibby.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Hopefully Bibby is bought out. Jordan Crawford looked great alongside Wall, plus Bibby has no place on this team. No point in having a vet like him who can't play the point well, let him try to get a championship as a spot up shooter. Atlanta did give up way too much for Hinrich but at least now with Hinrich the tempo has risen and they don't need to help him on defense like they did Bibby.
Ther are a number of championship caliber teams out there that could use an extra spot up shooter.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo gets a bad rep for his D. He hasn't been that bad, and seems committed to getting better. Very underrated rebounder too.

Once Melo and Stat learn how to pick and roll with each other they'll be scary. I'm hoping they work on that during training camp next year.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree Melo gets a bad rap as a horrible defender while LeBron makes all defensive first teams and analysts call him a top defender because he gets steals and blocks. The fact is pure man defense the separation between LeBron and Melo is not big at all. I'd even go to say that Melo is a far more sound defender than LeBron.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Oregon is goddamn awesome.
Agreed 100%. Why the hate for Oregon?

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote