Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Earl Clark will see some extended time on Melo tomorrow, like he did on Durant the other night. He did a fine job of handling Durant...Clark could really prove his merit as a big time defender, shutting down another star. Do it SVG.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I wrong to think the Knicks have a brighter future than the Heat? I dont see things working out with both LeBron and Wade together and Bosh was overrated IMO. Melo and Stat are perfect compliments and I think are 1 shooter away from maybe taking on the Celtics. Billups also is underrated at this point in his career, and I expect him to be a clutch shooter for the Knicks this playoffs and the future.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't call Melo and Stat perfect complements at all.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Bow down to the greatness of the Knicks.
U know I am ******* joking when I do that ****. I hate u all. **** YOU!
Old 02-28-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I wouldn't call Melo and Stat perfect complements at all.
Well they are alot better than LeBron and Wade, who are pretty much the same player. Both have shots that are inconsistant and need the ball to make a difference. Bosh between the 2 doesnt help since he is more of an outside bigman who doesnt like contact.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Bosh is just a bigger, less good version of LeBron and Wade on offense. His game is isos from FTL extended, except he isn't strong or tough enough to do much with it other than take jumpers and go 1-18. He's not gonna muck it up and clean up the mess, or go back to the basket so they can run sets that way. They're 3 copies of the same offensive player, with varied heights and Bosh can't pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow Bibby gave up his entire 6.2 million salary for next year so the Wizards would buy him out. Wonder where he goes now. Wizards are definitely a classy organization. Had Bibby not been bought out by tomorrow he wouldn't be allowed to join a playoff team this year.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_spor...SMVoEDHoK377Wy

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
wow Bibby gave up his entire 6.2 million salary for next year so the Wizards would buy him out. Wonder where he goes now. Wizards are definitely a classy organization. Had Bibby not been bought out by tomorrow he wouldn't be allowed to join a playoff team this year.
I expect the Heat to make a play for him for some reason.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what we did was...

Trade the rights to Vladamir Veremeenko for Kirk Hinrich and the 17th pick (Kevin Seraphin) in a move to eat Hinrichs contract so the bulls can sign what turned out to be Boozer

then traded Hinrich for Bibby, Mo Evans, the 27th pick las tyear (Jordan Crawford) and a 1st round this year (19-25 range)

Then, by buying out Bibby we are not responsible for paying him to rot on our bench next year, thus freeing up cap space

So in the end we end up trading nothing (vladamir veremeenko) for 3 1st round picks, and we don't even have to eat the money it would cost for Hinrich or Bibby to rot away on our bench.

A+ move for Grunfeld on this one
Old 02-28-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

We have to turn trade some of these assets though for some solid players. Guys like Blatche won't win you jack. I actually really like what I see in Seraphin. Very solid big man and Trevor Booker is an absolute animal whenever he gets playing time.

Old 02-28-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have to turn trade some of these assets though for some solid players. Guys like Blatche won't win you jack. I actually really like what I see in Seraphin. Very solid big man and Trevor Booker is an absolute animal whenever he gets playing time.
Yup, I'm all for trading one of Blatche/McGee (preferably Blatche) I'm just not sure what kind of interest there is out there for a unmotivated bonehead player like Blatche, even with his offensive skillset.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love for the Knicks to get McGee he would be what they need. Sadly we have nothing to give you for him.
Old 02-28-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Well they are alot better than LeBron and Wade, who are pretty much the same player. Both have shots that are inconsistant and need the ball to make a difference. Bosh between the 2 doesnt help since he is more of an outside bigman who doesnt like contact.
I agree completely. I said all along when Miami hooked up that Wade & Lebron were a terrible fit together and essentially the same player who need the ball in their hands. Neither 1 plays off the ball primarily well, both like to run the point, and it doesn't help that Bosh is a scorer who needs the ball vs just a big nasty who could collect rebounds and block shots.

As crazy as it may seem I bet they would be alot better with just a guy like Kevin Love instead of Bosh, other then chipping in a few 20 point games here and there he's gonna do nothing to help them win a championship.

Melo at SF and Amare at C make alot more sense. When is the last time anyone saw Amare dribbling the ball down court setting up the offense? He might be a scorer, but at least him and Melo can spread the floor out better and not stand around watching 1 another take turns shooting 3's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Hopefully Earl Clark will see some extended time on Melo tomorrow, like he did on Durant the other night. He did a fine job of handling Durant...Clark could really prove his merit as a big time defender, shutting down another star. Do it SVG.
It would be another testament to his defense if he is able to contain Melo. I really really love what Clark has brought to the team. He was thought of as a toss in, but he's really been one of the best parts of the trade. We essentially traded our 1st for Clark. If Otis can re-sign him in the offseason, then job well done and the 1st rounder will have been put to good use.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love for Lebron and Bosh. Problem solved.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
CaneBang
Rookie

CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Does anyone else but me and obvious T-Wolve fans think Kevin Love is a legit Top 10 player in the league?

I mean what he's doing for that ****** of a team is really being underappreciated (word?). He'll be with LA in two years anyways, so he can just put up 60 double doubles a year them and bring a couple more rings home.
CaneBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he's a top 10 player. Probably top 25 but he can't defend well enough. Although if he ends up in a big market people are going to be calling him a top 10 player even though he's actually pretty much the exact same player, like what happened with Gasol.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I don't think he's a top 10 player. Probably top 25 but he can't defend well enough. Although if he ends up in a big market people are going to be calling him a top 10 player even though he's actually pretty much the exact same player, like what happened with Gasol.
Gasol showed toughness at times in the Boston series last season, so he has some vague sense of defensive skill (unlike Love). Plus, he actually made the playoffs a few times in Memphis, so I would gladly take Memphis Pau Gasol over Love.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-28-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
CaneBang
Rookie

CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.CaneBang wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Oh I totally agree, if he played for LA/NY or Miami now, he would be called a Top 10 player. I still think he is that high of a caliber player. I wouldn't take him in front of D12 or Pau right now but he's right around that level of player after those two.
CaneBang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Memphis was a much better team than what Love is working with. I'm not really arguing that Love is better than Gasol was, it's just annoying as hell that people wait until a player is on a good team before paying attention to him. Love is getting more pub than Timberwolves usually get but it's only because he's putting up historic numbers right now, and he still doesn't get enough attention.

Last edited by yo123 : 02-28-2011 at 04:15 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Eh, they had a bunch of solid wings (Wells, Battier, Posey, Miller) but that's about it really. Darko is better than any big man he ever got to work with, and his point guards were White Chocolate, Chucky Atkins, and Earl Watson. Sure they're improvements over Ridnour and the human ball of suck, but they aren't world beaters.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-28-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

The fact that you used Darko as a main argument for Love's supporting cast says a lot.
Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

He isn't anywhere near top 10 but he's definitely in that class with guys like Aldridge, Griffin, Granger, Rudy G, etc.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm just saying he was better than the big man Gasol had to work with Memphis, who blew ass. I think the T-Wolves could potentially contend for the 8th seed if they traded Beasley for a PG or SG, moved Wes Johnson to SF, and picked up the position not filled by the Beasley trade via free agency or draft or something.

RIP TheManInBlack