Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2011, 11:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad Sullinger is staying in school don't want him on the Wiz. Praying for Derrick Williams or Enes Kanter. BTW Nix can't even talk about King Monta 2nite the way DLee was tearing it up out there. After watching the intensity of college basketball all weekend the Wizards/Warriors game was comedic.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so I need one 3, to tie and make it into the finals of my fantasy league (1000 bucks on the line).

I got peja and Roddy B left with one quarter left... how do you like my chances? I'm scared =(
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
so I need one 3, to tie and make it into the finals of my fantasy league (1000 bucks on the line).

I got peja and Roddy B left with one quarter left... how do you like my chances? I'm scared =(
Not looking good.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Not looking good.
the thing that sucks is Roddy B. hit a "long two" earlier because his foot was on the line.

JJ Barea is a ball hog he thinks he's kobe f****** bryant.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

The world can suck a fat dick and die.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
The world can suck a fat dick and die.
In that order?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:05 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm just glad Sullinger is staying in school don't want him on the Wiz. Praying for Derrick Williams or Enes Kanter. BTW Nix can't even talk about King Monta 2nite the way DLee was tearing it up out there. After watching the intensity of college basketball all weekend the Wizards/Warriors game was comedic.
Sullinger is staying in school?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Monta spoon fed him like 6 buckets lol.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/2...rick-rose.html

Quote:
Through Saturday, Player X has averaged 22.2 points on .444 shooting with 4.6 rebounds, 8.3 assists and 1.8 steals. He has been his conference’s player of the week four times.
Player Y has averaged 24.9 points on .439 shooting with 4.2 rebounds, 7.9 assists and 1.0 steals. He has been his conference’s player of the week twice.
They are essentially the same player, in other words. Player X is more efficient and a better rebounder and thief, but Player Y scores one more basket per game. Yet Player X isn’t even considered the most valuable player on his own team. And Player Y is about to be named the most valuable player of the entire league.
Why Y?
Perception is not reality. Reality is reality. Player X (Russell Westbrook) isn’t viewed like Player Y (Derrick Rose) because winning alters all, even facts, even if one team is 53-19 and the other is 47-24. Exceed our expectations, and we’ll give you trophies you don’t deserve instead of admitting that our expectations were, um, wrong.

They should just rename the MVP trophy The We Didn’t Expect To See Rose Sitting Atop LeBron In The Standings Award.

Rose has been named the best player in his conference two weeks this season. Two. So, too, has LaMarcus Aldridge. How can you be the most valuable for the entire season when you were only the most valuable in your conference two weeks?Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/03/2...#ixzz1Hvvf2OBI
I support this message.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russell Westbrook should be a top 10 MVP candidate but isn't viewed that way because Durant is considered a top 3 player in the league. In actuality though while KD has been a beast Westbrook IMO has had the better season. What Westbrook brings both offensively and defensively IMO should not be overlooked. DRose should be MVP but I still don't think it's so clear that I'd take Rose over Westbrook. I think it's a system by system basis. Fact is Rose is perfect for the Bulls and Westbrook is perfect for the Thunder. As far as MVP goes Rose gets the benefit because he doesn't have a superstar beside him and the Bulls are #1 in the East over NBA darlings Miami, Boston, and Orlando.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey STRIP can you tell Jordan Crawford that he doesn't get a point just for taking a shot?

He'll score 20 points but it takes him like 25 attempts to get there.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Hey STRIP can you tell Jordan Crawford that he doesn't get a point just for taking a shot?

He'll score 20 points but it takes him like 25 attempts to get there.
Since he started getting major minutes cause we are throwing the rest of the season he thinks he has liberty to jack up shots all day. John Wall had 24 points in the first half and only missed 1 shot yet in the 2nd half it's Jordan Crawford launching wild shots all day. His outside shots have stunk all year. He needs to stick to floaters. Thankfully Nick Young and Andray Blathce are hurt, them together in with Crawford would be a mental overload.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I posted about a month ago saying Westbrook is making his case....but it wont happen.

I understand the thought, but Derrick Rose IS the MVP of this season.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose has it in the bag, I'd still take Howard though.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

That shot at 2:20 is dashing.

Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think Howard should win it, but there's no way you can convince me Westbrook has been as valuable as Rose, let alone more valuable. Stats =/= value.

That's not a knock on Westbrook, who has been great, or saying that Rose is easily the MVP, just that I really don't think anyone can say with a straight face that Westbrook has been more valuable to his team than Rose has been to his, which is in my mind what MVP should mean.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Howard over Rose. He now dominates both sides of the court

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

If Magic were higher than 4th than Howard probably would win it.

Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Knicks could move Amar'e or 'Melo for Howard"

hahahaha worst ******* T&R ever!

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...elo-for-howard

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really worried about Stoudemire. He's on fumes. D'Antoni ran him into the ground by playing him too many minutes.

I don't know if he has enough juice left in those knees for the rest of the year. He can't lift, he's lost all his explosion, his body looks completely shot right now. He needs rest. Desperately.

I don't know if we can make any noise in the playoffs anymore. Not with how Amare is looking right now. If he doesn't get his explosion back come playoff time, we're done for.

I'm hoping we can clinch a playoff spot and just rest him for the rest of the season so he can have some energy for the playoffs. But right now, it doesn't look good. He looks exhausted.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
"Knicks could move Amar'e or 'Melo for Howard"

hahahaha worst ******* T&R ever!

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...elo-for-howard
At least it would give them a 5 instead of 2 4s?
Old 03-29-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/trueho...ory?id=6271350

I dont know why this ever even came up. I dont think there is any way in hell that they would ever retire his number after what he did to em lol.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"There is no Heat in Cleveland in March and we like it that way!" ... haha @ Cleveland Caveliers commentators after the Cavs beat the Heat

Old 03-29-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Pretty hilarious how the Cavs beat the Heat with LeBron, Wade, and Bibby all scoring over 20 points each. JJ Hickson ftw! Haha the Cavs starting lineup was Baron Davis/Anthony Parker/Alonzo Gee/JJ Hickson/Ryan Hollins. Ramon Sessions, Christian Eyenga and Luke Harangody were big off the bench.

Old 03-29-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Yup. Awesome game.
Most impressive thing was when the Heat tied up the game after being down 23... then they go on a 14-2 run.
I loved the attitude Hollins played with... he kept trying to dunk on everyone lol
I don't think he got any down but it sent a message though...
DWade didn't like it!