Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I don't see Mayo in their long term future. Hopefully Greivis can work on his PG skills and defense especially.
Is that just because of the almost trade? I actually really like Mayo as the 6th man long term cuz he provides instant offense and can play the 1 and 2

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because once Rudy *** comes back you likely move Tony Allen as that 6th man defender. With Greivis and Xavier Henry developing I just don't see keeping Mayo worth it especially since there is a small trade market for him. If you can get a solid big backup like a Taj Gibson I say you trade him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys I'm a little confused. I thought highest seed plays lowest seed..but iirc LA is the 2 seed and Dallas the 3 seed...so how come they're playing each other? could someone clear that up for me?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Z-Bo is god to me....

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Guys I'm a little confused. I thought highest seed plays lowest seed..but iirc LA is the 2 seed and Dallas the 3 seed...so how come they're playing each other? could someone clear that up for me?
The matchups are bracket style, i.e. if the top seeds all win ideally, you have the #1 seed series against the #4 seed series and #2 seed series vs #3 seed series. In this case the Grizzlies won the #1 seed series to they face the Thunder.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Because once Rudy *** comes back you likely move Tony Allen as that 6th man defender. With Greivis and Xavier Henry developing I just don't see keeping Mayo worth it especially since there is a small trade market for him. If you can get a solid big backup like a Taj Gibson I say you trade him.
Wont **** return move Sam Young back to the bench? Allen will still be the starting 2 and Young will be pretty expendable IMO, although they can probably get more for Mayo than Young but thats because hes significantly better

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Z-Bo is god to me....
Welcome to the club. May Z-Bo be with you.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man... Ibaka sucks... he can't even guard Z-bo without immediately causing a foul.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Told ya'll Grizzlies match up better with the Thunder than almost any other team.

Old 05-02-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lakers vs. Heat in the Finals. From there it's anybody's game.

Funny thing is the Heat would probably sweep Atlanta.

btw, AMAZING game for Joe Johnson.

34 points (12-18) 5-5 from three

Last edited by soybean : 05-02-2011 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Lakers vs. Heat in the Finals. From there it's anybody's game.

Funny thing is the Heat would probably sweep Atlanta.

btw, AMAZING game for Joe Johnson.

34 points (12-18) 5-5 from three
Im still goin with the C's in the east.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Portland would have won that series, Dallas isn't even going to slow down LA. Plus they aren't fun to watch at all.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So im happy to see that there will be absolutely no defense from either PF. Dirk cant guard Pau if his life depended on it, and Pau wont be able to stick with Dirk on the perimeter.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've gotta say I'm a little disappointed with Derrick Rose's late game attitude when the Bulls have been down in the playoffs. For me, he's almost too willing to give up the ball and spends too much time hanging around the perimeter. When he is trying to take over, it's usually with jumpshots. I've seen him abuse guys off of a crossover, he just needs to start taking it to the hole, getting layups/free throws. Once they stop that start kicking it out. He kind of lacks that killer mentality right now.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not sure if serious about him giving the ball up too much he took 27 shots

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had to get my wisdom teeth out today, so I was on my couch watching CSPN (Celtics Sports Programming Network). Such bull **** man, encouraging loss for the Celtics, it will be a long series, Celtics are due for a bad game, they only lost by 9 with their captain unfairly ejected, and the Heat are dirty. Can I just say **** ESPN, **** the Celtics, and I ******* hate them. They can hard foul teams, but teams can't hard foul them? Is that in the rule book? U can't T-Up a dude for calling D-Wade a Mother ****** cuz name calling is just a part of the game. Can't give him another T? WTF ESPN and Boston? Go **** yourselves!
Old 05-03-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

So, Im gonna go out on a limb and say that Kobe is ******* feeling it.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Bynum seems completely healthy this is good sign for us for the future and hopefully the finals! (knock on wood)
Old 05-03-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
not sure if serious about him giving the ball up too much he took 27 shots
But he only attempted 7 lay-ups, and didn't attempt any free throws. He played too conservative. He gets the ball every possession as the point guard, so 26 shots isn't that much.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:59 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Kobe better than Wade?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:16 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uu

Quote:
Old 05-03-2011, 01:19 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Kobe better than Wade?
Haha, even Heat fans are not blind. What is it 5 rings to 1? Pretty sure Kobe has it.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Haha, even Heat fans are not blind. What is it 5 rings to 1? Pretty sure Kobe has it.
You can do better than that simple minded argument. If rings determines who is better, Luke Walton > Wade. Let's see Wade with Phil Jackson and the supporting casts Kobe has had.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
You can do better than that simple minded argument. If rings determines who is better, Luke Walton > Wade. Let's see Wade with Phil Jackson and the supporting casts Kobe has had.
Well... I guess we'll find out now... lol

anyways, someone posted an interesting scenario... what if Miami got Dirk instead of Bosh? o.O
Old 05-03-2011, 01:34 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love to see Pau fail.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote