Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
"Steve Blake is an excellent defensive player"

Do these commentators even watch the games they're working?
Hes good at what needs to be doing, which is dogging his man and working around screens. He isnt shooting for dick right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:39 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steve Blake isn't good at anything, none of the Lakers point guards are other than Fisher making the occasional wide open jumper.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Steve Blake isn't good at anything, none of the Lakers point guards are other than Fisher making the occasional wide open jumper.
Dont really agree with all that, but no they arent anything special thats for sure.

Dont really need the PG to be anything super in the triangle though.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Dont really agree with all that, but no they arent anything special thats for sure.

Dont really need the PG to be anything super in the triangle though.

You need them to be able to guard JJ Barea!
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
You need them to be able to guard JJ Barea!
We need 1 of the 5 to do it thats for sure.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2011, 01:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mavs are still well known choke artist, no reason to think they have the series wrapped up. I know I bring it up alot but I honestly felt if Caron Butler was healthy we could have made a legit run for a championship, now I don't think we'd come close to beating Miami but making the Finals is a possibility.

If we close out Boston, OKC is the better team but inexperienced and young, Mavs are older and experienced and have been here before. I don't know how much that helps in comparison to talent but I think the Mavs have a really good chance if they can beat LA.

The way we are playing now, Miami is the only team playing better. Caron Butler probably wouldn't have helped enough to beat them anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ron Artest suspended for 1 game. The Lakers' chances of coming back were shot down with this suspension.
Old 05-05-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^ Not sure if serious, sure losing a starter sucks but starting Barnes won't be much different for them, he'll just need to step up his game a little.

I am sure nobody thought LA and Boston would both be down 2-0...
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Artest hasnt been doing much as it is, Odom will start at the 3 and Barnes will be the first off the bench.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's good that he got suspended, we dont need TWO people thinking they're Kobe Bryant.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I think it's good that he got suspended, we dont need TWO people thinking they're Kobe Bryant.
And I dont have to hold my breath every time he decides he wants to dribble.

Quote:
Old 05-05-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
^^ Not sure if serious, sure losing a starter sucks but starting Barnes won't be much different for them, he'll just need to step up his game a little.

I am sure nobody thought LA and Boston would both be down 2-0...
It's not like having Barnes take Artest's role is going to help their chances. They're already down 0-2, and now they have to go play at the AA Center without a player that started for them in 82 regular season games + 9 playoff games.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...esro01&y2=2011
Old 05-06-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean sweet, he started a ton of games for them.. he isn't the player he once was and isn't a defensive game changer anymore. Barnes has played in enough playoff games to know the circumstances meaning it won't be much of a drop off.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
I mean sweet, he started a ton of games for them.. he isn't the player he once was and isn't a defensive game changer anymore. Barnes has played in enough playoff games to know the circumstances meaning it won't be much of a drop off.
he actually is... well according to stats...

He's the best isolation defender in the league with the least amount of average points scored against.

But yeah, his offense has been atrocious and has been killing us.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Dirk is making Pau his little *****.

LOL at Phil Jackson punching Pau in the chest

also, i love lamar odom

Last edited by soybean : 05-06-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

pau is soooo bad that i want kwame brown back -_-
Old 05-06-2011, 11:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
pau is soooo bad that i want kwame brown back -_-
overreact much?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
overreact much?
The thing that sucks though is that if lakers lose the series everyone's gonna use it against kobe when comparing his legacy when its cause of pau and his lack of heart.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie

Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The thing that sucks though is that if lakers lose the series everyone's gonna use it against kobe when comparing his legacy when its cause of pau and his lack of heart.
It's so funny to read this after the Lakers won two championships on the account of bringing in Pau.
Nandoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

It'll hurt his legacy in that he won't be considered in 'best player of all-time' talks as much anymore. Everyone will bring up that MJ won a title in his final year.
Old 05-07-2011, 12:24 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well nobody will ever be better than Michael Jordan so don't worry about Kobe's resume in GOAT talks. If you're talking about 2nd best ever, he has that one locked down.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Well nobody will ever be better than Michael Jordan so don't worry about Kobe's resume in GOAT talks. If you're talking about 2nd best ever, he has that one locked down.

....what what?

Also, uh end of an era bitches.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankthatCrabtree View Post
....what what?

Also, uh end of an era bitches.

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Nobody will ever be better than MJ. Unless some cyborg comes along, it just wont happen.

The only thing Kobe and Michael can be compared on is heart and number of championships. But statistically? Not even close. Look at Kobe's best season ever and MJ has 5 that are just as good.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, I am saying MJ is def the best and there is a very noticeable gap between MJ and Kobe in terms of SG rankings.

I just wouldn't put Kobe as the second best player of all time.
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:49 AM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

He has to mean 2nd best SG of all time because it's a hard pill to swallow otherwise. I mean you have Shaq, TD, Wilt, and Magic before you even think of Kobe.
tuan33 is offline   Reply With Quote