Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I have OKC over the Heat atm. Don't know if Rose is enough to stop the way the Heat are playing. OKC is a much better team then the Mavs also, all I'm really banking on is the experience factor and hope it gives a slight advantage.

But the interior defense has picked up a ton which was the missing link. If Harden can continue to play big they'll be tough to beat. I'd love to see Durant win a ring.
The Bulls pick is 50% heart/50% brain. I just really want to see a Thunder/Bulls series. I'm definitely more confident in the OKC half.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you kidding me Westbrook? Move the ******* ball that's like 4 straight possessions where he's dribbled for 24 seconds and jacked up a shot.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:40 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Kobe is around 7th. I'd put MJ, Bill Russell, Wilt, Magic, Bird, and Kareem ahead of him. Guys like Shaq and Tim Duncan have good arguments as well. No way is he the second best player ever.
My all time favorite will always be Hakeem Olajuwon.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
My all time favorite will always be Hakeem Olajuwon.

I actually thought about including him but figured I'd get killed for it. Hakeem was amazing on both ends of the floor.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hakeem is a top 5 big man of all time probably...

Wilt
Russell
Hakeem
Duncan?
Kareem
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I actually thought about including him but figured I'd get killed for it. Hakeem was amazing on both ends of the floor.
His record for blocked shots is never going to be beat. I loved his Dream Shake too.

Last edited by jayceheathman : 05-07-2011 at 06:58 PM.
jayceheathman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
OKC looks really tough. They don't even need Westbrook and Durant to go off the way some of their supporting guys are playing. Ibaka has taken his game to a new level and the scary part is he's only ******* 21 years old. The thing that held them back last year is interior defense but with Ibaka/Perk/and Collison who has been great throughout the playoffs that's now another strength. I have them over the Bulls in the championship.

^^complete collapse since I posted this. This is the worst I've seen them play all year. Westbrook with tunnel vision x100000000, Durant can't shake Tony Allen, and everyone looks rattled. I don't think they've had a possession with more than 2 passes in the last 8 minutes.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Kareem as the 2nd best after Wilt.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Harden,Perkins and Westbrook (maybe a 1st round pick) for Dwight Howard sound good? if the Thunder lose the series to the grizz that is.

Last edited by Complex : 05-07-2011 at 07:15 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Thunder need a new coach. Scott Brooks can't take them to the next level.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JOEL ANTHONY IS THE GREATEST PLAYER ALIVE!!!!!i

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the 5th time in his career he has reached double digit points and he is only 3 off of his career high of 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
The Thunder need a new coach. Scott Brooks can't take them to the next level.
my thoughts exactly, a good coach would of righted the ship in the mid 4th and they walk out with a 10 point victory

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh hyper-extended elbow much?
Old 05-07-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rondo's done. That was disgusting.
Old 05-07-2011, 09:11 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, maybe not?
Old 05-07-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't stop laughing at the fact that Miami doesn't seem to care that Rondo is playing with one arm. I haven't seen them make him go left once.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a dominating second half by Boston. Great, great win.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rondo for MVP! 'Steal with his broken left arm and dunk!'... play of the night

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i sure didnt see that coming after rondo got his elbow blowed up haha
Old 05-07-2011, 10:56 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Don't be ignorant. Shaq is limited, while MJ could score from anywhere on the court. Opposing teams actually wanted Shaq to be on the court in the last few minutes, just for the reason that they'd be able to foul him.
This is incorrect. MJ was an average shooter. Especially from distance.

I agree with Tuan... the handchecking thing gets played out too much.

I don't argue that Jordan would score close to 30 a game now but i highly doubt he'd score 35+ the competition these days is just... better...

Last edited by soybean : 05-07-2011 at 11:02 PM.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

I don't argue that Jordan would score close to 30 a game now but i highly doubt he'd score 35+ the competition these days is just... better...
The rules benefit the offensive players more now so Jordan could probably score 35plus.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all **** KG! Alright now that I got that out , what a sick game by him. Channeling his Minnesota days. Gotta give respect when it's due.

I think this series is far from over. He obviously needs more of those games, also below average --> average game for everyone else. (except wade, good game for him)
Old 05-07-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ahhhhh, its so nice to see the Celtic fans and ESPN happy again. Everyone likes to see it. Apparently, the Cetics are America's Team. I mean my God, I listened to Bill Simmons and Mattew Berry the other day on a Podcast, I follow Simmons on Twitter. Haha, Matthew Berry:"I have to cheer for the Celtics cuz its any1 but the Heat cuz what the Heat is doing doesn't count." Berry is a Laker fan, Simmons is a Celtic fan, and they were complaining the Big 3 is unfair to the NBA. Are u kidding me? Simmons called us bandwagon fans. HAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA! The Celtics have 17 NBA Finals, the Lakers have 16. The Miami Heat have 1. A lot of teams have 0. Lakers and Celtics fans complaining about the Heat having too many stars is like the Yankees complaining that team X spends too much money. Its ******* pathetic. And all of them will come out of their **** holes and go woo hoo we won a game, celebrate. THE CELTICS ARE BACK!!!! Before realizing its still 2-1 and the scheduler did not inexplicably give the old ass Celtics 4 days for the next game. See ya in 48 hours, I hope we beat the living **** out of u. And I hope we break something else of Rondo's.
Old 05-08-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Ahhhhh, its so nice to see the Celtic fans and ESPN happy again. Everyone likes to see it. Apparently, the Cetics are America's Team. I mean my God, I listened to Bill Simmons and Mattew Berry the other day on a Podcast, I follow Simmons on Twitter. Haha, Matthew Berry:"I have to cheer for the Celtics cuz its any1 but the Heat cuz what the Heat is doing doesn't count." Berry is a Laker fan, Simmons is a Celtic fan, and they were complaining the Big 3 is unfair to the NBA. Are u kidding me? Simmons called us bandwagon fans. HAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHA! The Celtics have 17 NBA Finals, the Lakers have 16. The Miami Heat have 1. A lot of teams have 0. Lakers and Celtics fans complaining about the Heat having too many stars is like the Yankees complaining that team X spends too much money. Its ******* pathetic. And all of them will come out of their **** holes and go woo hoo we won a game, celebrate. THE CELTICS ARE BACK!!!! Before realizing its still 2-1 and the scheduler did not inexplicably give the old ass Celtics 4 days for the next game. See ya in 48 hours, I hope we beat the living **** out of u. And I hope we break something else of Rondo's.
you're special cause you were a heat fan before the big three =)
Old 05-08-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

No way. MJ was an elite mid range shooter and improved his long range shooting drastically as he got older. Generalizing him as an average shooter is flat out wrong. He would just be Dwayne Wade then, not Michael Jordan.