Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: the land of fisch and mcgee
Posts: 7,106
Reputation: 327687
Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Who would you guys compare Michael Jordan to in today's NBA, or any sport for that matter?
Not in terms of the similarity in the play, but in the way that they just dominated game in and game out?
I never got to watch him play and grasp what I was seeing, so I have a hard time gauging what he meant to the sport.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,876
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

It's really hard to compare no one in today's game come's close. Jordan was the elite combination of skill, athleticism, but #1 intangibles. No one had the fire he had to win and he was a great team leader. Stars today like Dwight Howard and LeBron James simply don't motivate teams like Jordan did. I suppose to closest to Jordan would be Kobe, Kobe's basically a poor man's version of MJ in every way which is saying something since Kobe is a definite top 15 player of all time and IMO top 10. Jordan constantly evolved his game on both ends of the floor. Lastly Jordan is vastly underrated as a defender. He definitely shoud be on a top 10 defensive list. Where as guys today like Rondo, LeBron, Josh Smith we look at as great defenders because they take chances and get flashy steals and blocks, MJ actually was a true lock down defender. That's an incredibly tough thing to do with the type of work he had to do offensively. Again only Kobe can match that length and quickness on the defensive end. Everything from the media iconic status to the clutch gene, there was no weakness in Jordan.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 11,226
Reputation: 230584
BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

AI says Jordan can't play defense.

Just playin. I never saw Jordan but yeah, sounds like nobody compares. And IMO not due to his skill but his will to win.

And yeah, Kobe sounds the most similar. Ray Lewis. Idk.
__________________
Virginia Tech.
ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,809
Reputation: 1461391
Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
AI says Jordan can't play defense.

Just playin. I never saw Jordan but yeah, sounds like nobody compares. And IMO not due to his skill but his will to win.

And yeah, Kobe sounds the most similar. Ray Lewis. Idk.
Jordan is the combination of Kobe, Wade, Lebron, and Pierce. That's for his fierce competitiveness, ability to drive, dunking ability, finishing at the rim, and being clutch as ****.
__________________

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cookeville,TN
Posts: 5,111
Reputation: 667043
Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think LeBron compares favorably with Jordan. He just had the Cavs instead of Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, etc helping him in the first however many years of his career.
__________________

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 804
Posts: 8,525
Reputation: 344766
JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think LeBron has no business being in the same sentence as Jordan & that's how I will always see it.
__________________


#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Americanzi
Posts: 15,382
Reputation: 1510268
iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I think LeBron compares favorably with Jordan. He just had the Cavs instead of Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, etc helping him in the first however many years of his career.
Weird, because Jordan didn't have Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, etc. helping him the first however many years of his career either...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Nandoss
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 175
Reputation: 3065
Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.Nandoss could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
I think LeBron has no business being in the same sentence as Jordan & that's how I will always see it.
As overrated as I think Jordan is, I still agree completely with this statement. Michael Jordan is in the same level as Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Wilt Chamberlain and a few others. LeBron still has a long way to go before he reaches them. Kobe is the closest anyone has come ever since Jordan retired but I still think he lacks something, and Shaq could have been one but he never really bothered himself to try to improve.
Nandoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,800
Reputation: 2545615
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jordan wasn't just good on the court. He transcended the game and made it popular for all... same way Tiger did for golf. Sure there were stars before them, but they changed it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,285
Reputation: 1126126
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

STRIP kind of nailed it, Kobe is the POOR mans version of MJ which most definitely isnt an insult to Kobe. MJ and Kobe's game have followed the same path, coming into the league as high flyers and evolving into the best mid range players in the game at their respected times. Both all defensive team players, but like STRIP said MJ was a true lock down guy where Kobe is asked to be a lock down guy for the last quarter of the game for the most part because he focuses on offense for most of the game.

When it comes to the drive to win I think Kobe is the guy who is closest to him.


With all that being said I agree 100% with STRIP in saying that he is a very poor man's Michael Jordan. Im a Laker fan but in no way Kobe deserves to be in the talk with MJ. MJ is on his own level, and no one has ever came close to that. I said it a couple weeks ago in this forum that I feel the only guy who could have ever been on the same level as MJ would have been Magic had he not gotten aids but that is it.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cookeville,TN
Posts: 5,111
Reputation: 667043
Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Weird, because Jordan didn't have Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, etc. helping him the first however many years of his career either...
And like LeBron, he was knocked for being a great player who hadn't won a championship. Thanks for restating my point...
__________________

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,285
Reputation: 1126126
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I think LeBron compares favorably with Jordan. He just had the Cavs instead of Phil Jackson, Scottie Pippen, Horace Grant, etc helping him in the first however many years of his career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
And like LeBron, he was knocked for being a great player who hadn't won a championship. Thanks for restating my point...
Im taking your original post as saying MJ had it easy when that wasnt the case, and Lebron had the cavs.

MJ didnt get those guys till later in his career, your first post is making it sound like he had them the whole time.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,876
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jordan's impact right off the bat was unmatched. 28 ppg as a rookie, scored 63 points in a playoff game his 2nd year, averaged 37 ppg his 3rd year. Lets not forget this was also a time in basketball when you were actually allowed to play defense. Now-a-days scorers like Durant, LeBron, and Kobe Score 5-10 points a game simply by taking advantage of the dumb hand checking and ticky tack calls. It's similar to today's NFL in which the rules are skewed towards wideouts. If people remember the old bad boys teams they used to double him even before he got the ball and basically said that they were fine play 3 on 4. They also used to rape him every time he went to the hoop. If today's game if you foul somone hard once you are suspended and fined.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Last edited by SeanTaylorRIP : 05-13-2011 at 03:42 PM.
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cookeville,TN
Posts: 5,111
Reputation: 667043
Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm not really interested in a meaningless argument over did I mean this or did I mean that. The point is Jordan won Championships when he had a great coach, another Hall of Fame player, Horace Grant, etc. around him. LeBron gets knocked for not quite being able to carry the worst organization in the NBA to a Championship.

Jordan also spent 3 years in college before entering the NBA.

And it's not LeBron's fault the rules have changed. He looks to me like he'd be fine of defenses were more physical. In fact, that might give him a further advantage.
__________________

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 7,584
Reputation: 1144786
Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

yea, enough talking.

Jordan > LBJ. Easy.

And by no means is that a diss since you can enter any other player in history instead of LBJ and the statement would stand as fact.
__________________
-Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: anaheim - home of the...ducks?
Posts: 9,998
Reputation: 307973
soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

In terms of transcending the sport wise, I agree Lebron is up there with ability and play.

However, Jordan was a smart dude. He became an icon and image, and now a brand. He was smart and sly with his words and had the ability to take a jab at you without you knowing it. Lebron is one of the greatest players to ever live but he's also kind of a dolt. He often finds himself in trouble and ends up having to backtrack what he said.

He's also not very bright in post game interviews etc.

I know that may not seem like much but it does tarnish one's image when you're trying to be viewed as more than a basketball player.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: In the Northwest
Posts: 9,285
Reputation: 1126126
SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm not really interested in a meaningless argument over did I mean this or did I mean that. The point is Jordan won Championships when he had a great coach, another Hall of Fame player, Horace Grant, etc. around him. LeBron gets knocked for not quite being able to carry the worst organization in the NBA to a Championship.

Jordan also spent 3 years in college before entering the NBA.

And it's not LeBron's fault the rules have changed. He looks to me like he'd be fine of defenses were more physical. In fact, that might give him a further advantage.
Came out after his sophomore year.

If you dont want the meaningless arguments make it more clear. Simple as that.
__________________



Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cookeville,TN
Posts: 5,111
Reputation: 667043
Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Came out after his sophomore year.

If you dont want the meaningless arguments make it more clear. Simple as that.

He played 3 years at UNC.

"Note: Jordan declared himself eligible for the NBA draft following his junior season at UNC."

http://www.infoplease.com/ipsa/A0779388.html
__________________

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,809
Reputation: 1461391
Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Yup it was 3.


/Meaningless argument.


Normal Discussion to follow. (hopefully)
__________________

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Worshiping Kevin Greene
Posts: 1,703
Reputation: 50889
EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

http://www.didthelakersgetswept.com/
__________________
JORDYZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
EvilMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 8,809
Reputation: 1461391
Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Best site everrr??
__________________

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,171
Reputation: 2098837
prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm not really interested in a meaningless argument over did I mean this or did I mean that. The point is Jordan won Championships when he had a great coach, another Hall of Fame player, Horace Grant, etc. around him. LeBron gets knocked for not quite being able to carry the worst organization in the NBA to a Championship.

Jordan also spent 3 years in college before entering the NBA.

And it's not LeBron's fault the rules have changed. He looks to me like he'd be fine of defenses were more physical. In fact, that might give him a further advantage.
It isn't an argument. It is a fact, based on documented evidence what you said.

And the Cavs are not even close to the worst organization in the NBA. The Wolves are much shittier.

And can we please stop using LeBron. And MJ in the same sentence?
__________________

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cookeville,TN
Posts: 5,111
Reputation: 667043
Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
It isn't an argument. It is a fact.
Whatever, still not interested. Nitpicking the way I said something doesn't change the point. Jordan needed help just like LeBron does.
__________________

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: streets ahead
Posts: 8,296
Reputation: 880005
sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm not really interested in a meaningless argument over did I mean this or did I mean that. The point is Jordan won Championships when he had a great coach, another Hall of Fame player, Horace Grant, etc. around him. LeBron gets knocked for not quite being able to carry the worst organization in the NBA to a Championship.

Jordan also spent 3 years in college before entering the NBA.

And it's not LeBron's fault the rules have changed. He looks to me like he'd be fine of defenses were more physical. In fact, that might give him a further advantage.
Lebron COULD have been the next Jordan. Obviously their style of play is pretty different, but in terms of ability to dominate, absolutely. The thing that sets Jordan apart was his will to win. Nobody wanted it as badly as him and it showed on the court. I never really got that feeling when watching Lebron and I think it's most evident in the fact that he signed with Miami instead of re-upping with Cleveland. He didn't really want that pressure to put the team on his back when nobody else would, Jordan did.

The LeBron needed help argument is BS. He single-handedly took the NBA's worst franchise to like 66 wins. If he wanted it badly enough, I bet you the Cavs would have won a championship or two before his departure.

Last edited by sbh15 : 05-13-2011 at 07:59 PM.
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,171
Reputation: 2098837
prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Whatever, still not interested. Nitpicking the way I said something doesn't change the point. Jordan needed help just like LeBron does.
Stop using Jordan. In the same sentence as LeBron. Obviously you can't win being the only talented player. But people need to stop using LeBron's teammates as a cop-out. He won 60+ games with that team. He just disappeared in the playoffs last year when it mattered most. Obviously he was outmatched when he made it to the finals, but if your team is good enough to win 60 games with you, your team obviously doesn't completely suck. He had a lot of good compliments. All he needed was a more reliable second scorer.
__________________

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.