Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Bill Simmons said earlier this week that if the Heat lose, Chris Bosh is a lock to be traded this offseason. ya or nah?
I say nay. If they don't make it next year then maybe they'll break up the Big 3.. but I think it'd be a little goofy breaking them up after they made it to the Finals in their first season together. They'll probably fire Spoelstra before they trade Bosh.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:07 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright now I swear am done after this for the rest of the night

Last edited by LTgiants : 06-13-2011 at 12:22 AM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy for Dirk, Kidd, Jet and Cuban....Cuban has always put a quality team on the court but just couldnt get over the hump. good for them!

Being a Laker fan im happy as **** those douche bags in Miami didnt win a ring this year. Bosh crying like a little girl makes my year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Victory X
Rookie

Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Victory X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron's twitter: The Greater Man upstairs know when it's my time. Right now isn't the time.

Michael Wilbon absolutely ripping Lebron "I hope the 'man upstairs' has more important things to do then help with the outcome of basketball games.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:14 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mavericknation!@!!!!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron should play hockey, it only has 3 quarters.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First thing I thought of after watching the Mavs win
Old 06-13-2011, 01:31 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Poor Karl Malone and Charles Barkley. They were looking forward to having Dirk among their ranks. I guess Steve Nash will be there soon.
Poor John Stockton. Passed by another average PG because his PF choked so much.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:44 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Kidd is average? He might be average now, but he was a star for most of his career...he deserved this.

Quote:
Old 06-13-2011, 02:08 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone knows my dude Brian Cardinal is the real MVP. He gangsta as ****. I'm ready for this ******* parade.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:42 AM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone celebrate Lebron James day tomorrow! Everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early!
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:52 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Lebron should play hockey, it only has 3 quarters.
good one except it can't be quarters if it's only 3 :)

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:38 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Happy for Dirk, Kidd, Jet and Cuban....Cuban has always put a quality team on the court but just couldnt get over the hump. good for them!

Being a Laker fan im happy as **** those douche bags in Miami didnt win a ring this year. Bosh crying like a little girl makes my year.
***This...except im not a laker fan
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Dallas can retain their entire team they are easy my pick to win next year. That's a big if however since JJ Barrea and Chandler are getting huge pay raises but new CBA rules pending Cuban won't care going over the luxury tax and being a title contender the next 2-4 years. Jason Kidd said he'll be back, and if you look at it they won a title without Caron Butler, a healthy Brendan Haywood, and an often forgotten man in Roddy Beaubois who if healthy could actually fill that Barrea role if Barrea can't be retained. If the Mavs just retain their team and make minor moves they can win 65 games next year with a healthy Caron. They have 2 big trade exceptions(4.3 mil and 3 mil) which could get them two solid veterans although not sure they would use these if they retain their guys. Also possibly the MLE depending on new CBA rules, and they have 2 picks in the draft. The one guy I can see leaving is Deshawn Stevenson as likely another team will offer him a 3 year/10 mil type contract in which it's not worth the Mavs matching a similar offer to him. At 26 I'd target 5 guys for them:

1) Justin Harper: You have the strong interior defenders, you need another versatile 4 man who can even play some 3 in a big lineup.

2) Shelvin Mack: Jason Terry until the finals had been showing signs of age so you'd like that 6th man scorer. I'm sure the Mavs want to give Dominique Jones a shot but Mack's a better player and better capability of running some point.

3) Trey Thompkins: Not as versatile as Harper but skilled in his own right and slightly tougher inside.

4) Travis Leslie: Freak athlete who can develop into a great defender.

5) David Lighty: In that Stevenson role, perimeter defender and knock down shooter.

Ideal however would be finding a way to trade up for Chris Singleton or Tobias Harris, maybe using their TPE to take on a contract would do this.

As for the 2nd round I'd look at a stretch 4 like Skeen, but they will probably go international or sell the pick.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
You must be talking about Jet or Barea

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Kidd I have pretty firmly as the 2nd greatest PG of all time behind Magic, after him Stockton, Frazier and Isaiah. I don't really consider Oscar to be a PG. You can argue Stockton is a better passer especially for a certain period in his career, but what Kidd has brought as a passer, rebounder, and defender is all time great status. The fact that he's evolved to the point that he has the 3rd most made 3 pointers in history is a testament to how special and well rounded of a player he has been. And yes Jewelery backs up greatness and he now has that to his name. Jason Kidd to me is the ultimate court general, always made the right plays never cared about getting his own. Not quite the defender that GP was, not the passer of Magic or even Stockton, but all around he has been great at just about everything. That Nets team he took to the finals was by no means a great team.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If Dallas can retain their entire team they are easy my pick to win next year. That's a big if however since JJ Barrea and Chandler are getting huge pay raises but new CBA rules pending Cuban won't care going over the luxury tax and being a title contender the next 2-4 years. Jason Kidd said he'll be back, and if you look at it they won a title without Caron Butler, a healthy Brendan Haywood, and an often forgotten man in Roddy Beaubois who if healthy could actually fill that Barrea role if Barrea can't be retained. If the Mavs just retain their team and make minor moves they can win 65 games next year with a healthy Caron. They have 2 big trade exceptions(4.3 mil and 3 mil) which could get them two solid veterans although not sure they would use these if they retain their guys. Also possibly the MLE depending on new CBA rules, and they have 2 picks in the draft. The one guy I can see leaving is Deshawn Stevenson as likely another team will offer him a 3 year/10 mil type contract in which it's not worth the Mavs matching a similar offer to him. At 26 I'd target 5 guys for them:.

Alot of people forget that when this season started we were the hottest team in the league until Dirk & Caron got injured and we started to slide some. That said, do you know the situation with Caron's contract?

I've read alot of interviews with him and he wants to come back and loves the guys here, but I thought alot of people here said he was gonna be gone after this season. I'd easily give up Stevenson, even with his great defense and 3 point shooting, because they'll be alot more minutes to give to Butler and Roddy B.

I think Dirk's shooting and post up moves can stay at this level for another 3 years, if we can retain shooters around him in that span we'll be competitive. But make no mistake it took Dirk taking his game to a new level to win a championship, something I never thought I'd see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha Lebron is such a douche bag.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron James didn't go to college cause he refused to show up for the finals.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i will be boycotting espn for at least a month now due to the fact i dont wanna hear every single person talk about how miami failed and how lebron isnt clutch and will never win a title.

kthanxbye.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Caron staying would be because he absolutely loves Dallas because Dallas won't offer him the most money. But if a team like Oklahoma City comes knocking since they will probably offer more, it would be hard to pass up that opportunity. Don't rule out Milwaukee which is his home town and could use him as a starter. Also don't rule out the Clippers who are a SF away from being a playoff team and he enjoyed being in LA. The Wizards are also a dark horse, he's said he'd love to come back to D.C. at some point in his career and I believe his family still lives in Virginia.

Old 06-13-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

After being on a successful, NBA championship team, why in the hell would anyone willingly go play for the Bucks or Wizards? I can see him taking a pay-cut, or at the very least going to play for another playoff contender for a market value contract. Not sure how he'd fit in OKC though, KD has the 3 spot on lockdown.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team reached game 6 of the finals in their first year...and they should ship Bosh away? If Lebron decides to play this series would have been over in 5 games. This team could easily go win the next 3 championships. An for being clutch where was D Wade in the most important 4th quarter of this series? Milk Carton

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote