Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Hes a hack.
Quite a few guys from the USA team had some really good things to say about him the last time they played. Not sure why they would go out of their way to say so, but I took it as he caught their eye. If he was really a scrub he'd be kinda pointless for them to talk about.

Besides he is still extremely young, it's not he's as good right now as he'll ever be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Quite a few guys from the USA team had some really good things to say about him the last time they played. Not sure why they would go out of their way to say so, but I took it as he caught their eye. If he was really a scrub he'd be kinda pointless for them to talk about.

Besides he is still extremely young, it's not he's as good right now as he'll ever be.
He played well against our olympic team I remember all that. But for people to be in love with some kid and hype up some kid that averaged 6 ppg on 30% shooting is insane...like what the ****? lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jennings did the same thing, entirely useless comparing Euroleague stats to NBA

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Jennings did the same thing, entirely useless comparing Euroleague stats to NBA
Jennings is overrated too lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with StickwithIt. Rubio really isn't as good as some ppl say he is. I've seen him play a few times and i'm really not impressed, not that my opinion matters though. I don't think he'll make a good nba player.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The reason why his averages have gone down is because he doesn't fit Barcelona's offense. He's a runner who makes plays on the run, Barcelona likes to slow **** down and play half court ball. That is why he thrived with Juventus because they are a running team.

With that said, he's not exactly going to an ideal situation in Minnesota but with the better coaching, he should develop into an all-star.

Why he keeps backing out? We will never know. Maybe he's scared of the competition? Pure speculation until you actually sit down with the kid. But to say he sucks is just stupid. At the end of the day, theres guys that get paid to evaluate talent as an everyday job. If they're saying the kid can be an all-star, it might be smart to bet on that.

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 06-15-2011 at 07:10 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Why he keeps backing out? We will never know. Maybe he's scared of the competition? Pure speculation until you actually sit down with the kid. But to say he sucks is just stupid.
I'm guessing that a $6 million buyout had some impact last year in him deciding to stay there but a $1.4 million this year, if he decides to go, is much easier to handle

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I'm guessing that a $6 million buyout had some impact last year in him deciding to stay there but a $1.4 million this year, if he decides to go, is much easier to handle
Sorry, I wasn't aware of the money situation at hand.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Its official. I read that there was a conference call, hes decided to stay in Spain for 4 more years.

Old 06-15-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Its official. I read that there was a conference call, hes decided to stay in Spain for 4 more years.
where did you read this???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
where did you read this???
Never mind, it was BS.. this damn internetz I tell ya

Old 06-15-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read this:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6663540

Says he's coming to Minni.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would anyone pay 900k to play for the ******* Timberwolves?
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he signed his contract with the Wolves on May 31st, so I don't get where all this fuss has come from. Much ado about nothing it seems to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
Why would anyone pay 900k to play for the ******* Timberwolves?
He's not actually paying anything actually, as the Wolves secured endorsement deals for him to pay off the remaining portion of the buyout. And the reasoning for him signing the contract now is due to the fact that rookie contracts are likely to go down in the next collective bargaining agreement and he'll be making more here than in Europe.

Last edited by DHVF : 06-15-2011 at 08:54 PM.
DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so bored by this Rubio situation. Just come or don't come and get it over with.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHVF View Post
Yeah, he signed his contract with the Wolves on May 31st, so I don't get where all this fuss has come from. Much ado about nothing it seems to me.

He's not actually paying anything actually, as the Wolves secured endorsement deals for him to pay off the remaining portion of the buyout. And the reasoning for him signing the contract now is due to the fact that rookie contracts are likely to go down in the next collective bargaining agreement and he'll be making more here than in Europe.
I don't care if the money flies in from the sky, the fact of the matter is that he has to give them 900k. That's 900k that could have been in his pocket instead.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I'm so bored by this Rubio situation. Just come or don't come and get it over with.
He's not coming to this continent unless his rights are traded. Minnesota did this to themselves by drafting 2 point guards in the lottery.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

So what happens if the Cavs do the smart thing and take Derrick Williams first overall? Obviously you take Kyrie Irving, but that has to make feel stupid to draft three PGs in the lottery in three years.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care if the money flies in from the sky, the fact of the matter is that he has to give them 900k. That's 900k that could have been in his pocket instead.
What you're saying is completely irrelevant as he'll be making much more in the NBA than he did in Europe. He still comes out millions ahead in comparison to his contract with Barcelona. Regardless the Wolves could only 500k toward his buyout and this is the most financially sound decision he could've made at this time.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 09:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So what happens if the Cavs do the smart thing and take Derrick Williams first overall? Obviously you take Kyrie Irving, but that has to make feel stupid to draft three PGs in the lottery in three years.
Yeh it prolly does. But Flynn sucks, Rubio sucks and doesn't wanna play there. So they have to do it.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's not coming to this continent unless his rights are traded. Minnesota did this to themselves by drafting 2 point guards in the lottery.

Nah. Looks like he's coming.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6663540

You really think we're going to have a problem with benching Jonny Flynn? He's not going to be a factor.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:

So if I told you you I'll give you 5 dollars today or 50 dollars tomorrow you would take the 5 bucks?
Old 06-15-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

No, i don't think it's a problem at all, he's garbage. What i'm wondering is how Rubio is gonna feel about having the team draft a player first overall at the position he plays.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, i don't think it's a problem at all, he's garbage. What i'm wondering is how Rubio is gonna feel about having the team draft a player first overall at the position he plays.
Haha well maybe some1 shoulda told him to score more than 3 points game in a significantly worse league than the NBA. Screw Rubio IMO, he sucks.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Haha well maybe some1 shoulda told him to score more than 3 points game in a significantly worse league than the NBA. Screw Rubio IMO, he sucks.
It's actually pretty competitive. You could even say that's it's harder to consistently score overseas, than in the NBA. Brandon Jennings is proof.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...gs-1114/stats/