Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-17-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Bynum for Bosh!

I really think if that were to happen both teams wouldn't lose A TON.
Only reason this happens is if LA wants to help Miami win a championship. Cleveland needs to keep Hickson too, it's not like that have that many good young players anyway to just give them away to move up 2 spots. He may not be a future all-star, but it'd be a really good young core to build with and see who emerges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a marketing standpoint, I would definitely trade up for the number 2 pick and draft derrick williams.

You guys have to look at it from a financial standpoint, they can't ride the "fans are loyal cause lebron left us" wave that long.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to keep Hickson in Cleveland and see how he progresses next season. He has good length and athleticism at the four. He runs the floor and finishes well. He battles to the whistle, hits the glass, and has worked hard to evolve his game. Down the homestretch of the season, he was posting double-doubles routinely. But there's still plenty of work to be done. He needs to improve by leaps and bounds defensively and cut down on the amount of frustrating turnovers. So, he's certainly not an untouchable player at this point. If the right offer came along, and a scenario presented itself where the Cavs could obtain both Irving and Williams, then I could see Hickson being moved. Especially considering there were rumors circulated back in the spring that he expects to be paid in-line with the best power forwards in the game once his deal runs up. How Chris Grant, Byron Scott, and the Cavs management team feel about those rumors will go a long way in determining whether he is sent packing or retained.

As far as the NBA Draft goes, I'm on-board with selecting Kyrie Irving with the first overall pick and hoping that Enes Kanter is still there at four. I'm not sold that Irving has the ceiling to be a superstar PG in the mold of either Derrick Rose or Chris Paul, but I think he can solidly be in that next tier, which is a good starting point for a talent-starved team. He's a true point with good court vision that can create for himself or others, he's got a nice handle, he's a knock-down shooter, and he appears to have his head on straight. As far as Kanter goes, I haven't seen much of him, but I like his potential as a legit big man more than the other Euros in this class. Kanter seems to blend the American and European game well. He's skilled for a center, but isn't soft. I know he's getting criticized for some prep tape, but that doesn't concern me too much. At least not enough to pass up a potentially dependable pivot in the NBA. With Irving and Kanter as building blocks, I'd look for the Cavs to add more talent via next year's lottery and round out the roster through trades around the deadline. I'm assuming they'll try to parlay Antwan Jamison's $15 million expiring into additional pieces and picks. Baron Davis is coming off a $14 million deal soon as well and even a player like Ramon Sessions is a serviceable point that could return something.
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Never ever again do I want to hear anyone say Bynum for Bosh...We have enough female down low with Pau, we dont need Bosh down there too.

Bosh isnt worth Bynum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Cudders
Rookie

Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cudders is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Never ever again do I want to hear anyone say Bynum for Bosh...We have enough female down low with Pau, we dont need Bosh down there too.

Bosh isnt worth Bynum.
Especially since Bynum is one of the best centers in the NBA when healthy and Bosh is basically a stretch four with a slightly more developed post game.

Theoretically, it's nice to have five guys that can hit a jumper on the court at the same time. Then you remember that a Bosh-for-Bynum swap would leave the Lakers worse off on the glass, on the defensive end, and in the low-post on offense. It'll never happen.
Cudders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given Bynum's riduculous injury history the value pretty much matches up. However as already mentioned the Laker frontcourt would get outmuscled by your average WNBA team.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Given Bynum's riduculous injury history the value pretty much matches up. However as already mentioned the Laker frontcourt would get outmuscled by your average WNBA team.
Bynum would be great if the season was 30 games long.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:54 AM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Bynum would be great if the season was 30 games long.
In that case, Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers might be hoping there's a lengthy lockout.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:14 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
In that case, Mitch Kupchak and the Lakers might be hoping there's a lengthy lockout.
I enjoyed this comment thoroughly.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've thought about this, and hate to say it...but a Bogut for Bosh deal could work for both sides. I love Bogut, and he's our best player but he can't carry us offensively. In addition to loving Bogut's game, I hate Bosh's and always have, but when the offense goes through him he scores in bunches.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I've thought about this, and hate to say it...but a Bogut for Bosh deal could work for both sides. I love Bogut, and he's our best player but he can't carry us offensively. In addition to loving Bogut's game, I hate Bosh's and always have, but when the offense goes through him he scores in bunches.
moving Bogut would be the worst move the Bucks could make...he may not be able to carry us offensively, which would be a very lofty expectation for any 7 footer, but his offensive game is solid and what he provides on the defensive end can not be replaced...for a team that struggles to rebound so much, Bogut provides a force on the boards and he's also one of the best shot blockers in the game...if the Bucks want to move someone it should be Brandon Jennings; he absolutely kills the offense with how much dribbling he does on the perimeter, isn't much of a facilitator for a point guard, and is a below average shooter for someone who wants to be the team's primary scorer

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 08:50 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bosh for Howard, convert LeBron to a 1. Just get nobodies to play the 3 and 4.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:26 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't imagine Pat Riley having the humility to admit that signing the big three was a mistake after one year.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bynum does always get hurt, but considering he could have gotten them Carmelo just recently, moving him for Bosh to pair with Pau on the blocks would be hilarious. I think Bosh would make a nice player for the Bulls. If they had him instead of Boozer, and a SG like Jason Richardson that team would be built very well.

Bosh wouldn't have to be the #1 scorer, but takes alot of pressure off of Rose and opens up the lanes for him to drive. Noah can do all the dirty work he doesn't want to do that he was forced to do in Miami. If you found the right fit for him he makes a great player, especially when he has his confidence. He had a chance to go to Chicago though, so if he's mad about being the 3rd wheel or not fitting he only has himself to blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would definitely question my fanhood if they traded Bynum for Bosh. Luckily, It's never gonna happen.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't imagine Pat Riley having the humility to admit that signing the big three was a mistake after one year.
See....I think its the complete opposite with Riley....if he thinks they arent playin up to par, he will move whichever one it takes.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 06-18-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If you knew nothing about Pat Riley and just looked at a picture of him you would probably think:

1) That guy has a massive ego.

2) He has ties to the mafia.

Both would be correct.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, so people actually think the Heat regret signing the 'Big Three' because they lost in the NBA Finals and are the most talked about team in the NBA?

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Wait, so people actually think the Heat regret signing the 'Big Three' because they lost in the NBA Finals and are the most talked about team in the NBA?
They would have been able to do all of that without Bosh.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
If you knew nothing about Pat Riley and just looked at a picture of him you would probably think:

1) That guy has a massive ego.

2) He has ties to the mafia.

Both would be correct.
I also think hes not going to sit around and watch them under perform. Riley would have no problem shippin one away

Quote:
Old 06-18-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Warriors have apparently offered the Magic Monta Ellis, Andris Biedrins, and Ekpe Udoh for Dwight.

Meh. We could do better. I like Ellis...but more as a compliment to Howard, I wouldnt really want to build a team around him.

As for Dwight to Golden State in general...I'm sure, he'd love to play with Curry. He wants to grow with a younger star, he keeps saying. But would he really want to sign a long term deal in freaking Oakland?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you will do a deal centered around Bropez, Damion James and picks and you will like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 06:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwayne Schintzius rules.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:18 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh people talking about the Heat again and saying we should trade or get rid of one of the big 3.

My thoughts....

Old 06-19-2011, 08:16 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They would have been able to do all of that without Bosh.
Miami would not have made it to the NBA finals without chris bosh.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote