Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Question for you basketball gurus...

In a pure basketball sense... which starting 5 is better?

Team A
PG Brandon Knight
SG Kevin Martin
SF Andrei Kirilenko
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Amare Stoudemire

or

Team B
PG Mike Conley
SG Kevin Martin
SF Wes Johnson
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Pau Gasol

Considering chemistry, ball movement, personalities, defense, offense, future outlook... which team do you think is better?
Man....Team B..but if you trade Pau for Amare..I'd take Team A.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team B easily. Knight is a combo guard at this point, Conley is much further along as a true PG. That's important because pairing Martin and Knight in the backcourt gives you two of the same type of player (Martin is just a more efficient scorer). Johnson/Kirelenko is irrelevant to me, I'd guess Johnson is more athletic and AK47 has fallen off, so I give Wes the edge there. Both frontcourts are soft defensively but Dirk and Amar'e is pourous (sp?).
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually think the front court of Dirk and Amare is better. But the backcourt of team B outweighs that

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

+rep! to every answer!!! dishin' it out like candy!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I actually think the front court of Dirk and Amare is better. But the backcourt of team B outweighs that
Dirk and Amare operate the same areas..Pau and Dirk would be a very nice tandem.

mucho props to wiscbadgerfootball

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
like honestly lebron, instead of south beach, why don't you take your talents and just shove them up your ass.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Dirk and Amare operate the same areas..Pau and Dirk would be a very nice tandem.
But defensively? I know Amare isn't the greatest but I'd much rather pair Amare and Dirk for defensive purposes. That why they(Pau and Dirk) are both paired with bangers now.

Old 06-21-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Team B

Conley > Knight
Pau/Dirk > Pau/Stat
SF is whatever.

So with that, I make my choice.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
I started leaning towards Team A... but I think I'm leaning towards Team B now. :)

what if instead of AK47 you could get any FA at the MLE level? What if I used Amare to get a better C? Amare has more trade value than Pau, I think... what Center would you go for if you can't get Dwight? Or I could keep Amare and trade Dirk for a C... thoughts?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Amar'e guarding centers better than Pau guarding centers? At least Pau has the size and length to bother a lot of guys at that position, and he's a much better rebounder than Stoudemire is.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take team A mainly cause of Stat
Old 06-21-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I started leaning towards Team A... but I think I'm leaning towards Team B now. :)

what if instead of AK47 you could get any FA at the MLE level? What if I used Amare to get a better C? Amare has more trade value than Pau, I think... what Center would you go for if you can't get Dwight? Or I could keep Amare and trade Dirk for a C... thoughts?
I'd attempt to get C.Butler.
As for a C, gamble and make a play for Oden.
If I was trading Stat then a deal involving Bogut? M.Gasol?
A C that can defend the paint ala T.Chandler is a perfect match for Dirk

Old 06-21-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme team B. Conley and Wes are better than Knight and AK

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I will take team A mainly cause of Stat
Then would you trade Dirk for a C? If so, which C in the league would compliment him best?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I will take team A mainly cause of Stat and because i'm a homer
Well at least you're honest.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'd attempt to get C.Butler.
As for a C, gamble and make a play for Oden.
If I was trading Stat then a deal involving Bogut? M.Gasol?
A C that can defend the paint ala T.Chandler is a perfect match for Dirk
Ooh Butler! I like that mention... might be too pricey.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I forgot to say... Team B could add a FA with the MLE and they have the #9 pick of the draft.

Team A
PG Brandon Knight (#4 pick)
SG Kevin Martin
SF Andrei Kirilenko or Caron Butler (MLE)
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Amare Stoudemire

or

Team B
PG Mike Conley
SG Kevin Martin
SF Wes Johnson
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Pau Gasol
-MLE to use
#9 pick of the draft
Old 06-21-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
Well at least you're honest.
Lol. It had nothing to do with being a knick.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
How is Amar'e guarding centers better than Pau guarding centers? At least Pau has the size and length to bother a lot of guys at that position, and he's a much better rebounder than Stoudemire is.
Like I said, Amare isn't the greatest but I would still take his defense over Pau's. Just my opinion and no I'm not a Knick fan lol

Old 06-21-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Like I said, Amare isn't the greatest but I would still take his defense over Pau's. Just my opinion and no I'm not a Knick fan lol
With Dirk getting old, I do like Amare becoming my PF and then trading Dirk for a C. But who could I add next to Amare to be dominant? ...without being able to get Howard.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Quote:
I forgot to say... Team B could add a FA with the MLE and they have the #9 pick of the draft.

Team A
PG Brandon Knight (#4 pick)
SG Kevin Martin
SF Andrei Kirilenko or Caron Butler (MLE)
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Amare Stoudemire

or

Team B
PG Mike Conley
SG Kevin Martin
SF Wes Johnson
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Pau Gasol
-MLE to use
#9 pick of the draft
I think Butler will get a little more than the MLE, so i'm not sure you could throw him into team a quite yet.

For Team B, you could add a guy like JJ Barea with your MLE and then take a defensive minded big like Bismack Biyombo at #9. Or you could try to improve your wing position and take Kawhi Leonard instead.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
With Dirk getting old, I do like Amare becoming my PF and then trading Dirk for a C. But who could I add next to Amare to be dominant? ...without being able to get Howard.
Kendrick Perkins?

Old 06-21-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Kendrick Perkins?
That's one guy that came to mind as well.
A.Bogut, D.Jordan, J.Noah, R.Hibbert, G.Monroe???
I don't know what to think about Dirk's trade value.
Yes, he's the Finals MVP but he is 33 (or about)
The Mavs gave up a lot for J.Kidd at about the same age so I don't know

asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would much rather take Team A. AK isnt the AK of the old but he can guard the opposing team's best perimeter player and I would trade that over the difference between Brandon Knight and Mike Conley. Especially since Kevin Martin isnt a good defender at all.
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think Butler will get a little more than the MLE, so i'm not sure you could throw him into team a quite yet.

For Team B, you could add a guy like JJ Barea with your MLE and then take a defensive minded big like Bismack Biyombo at #9. Or you could try to improve your wing position and take Kawhi Leonard instead.
I like your suggestions. I do think Butler will go for more... sot that's a risk for Team A.

For Team B, I might try to add Jimmer at #9 to get a spark plug off the bench but also someone who could stretch the floor to create space for Nowitzki/Gasol down low.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
That's one guy that came to mind as well.
A.Bogut, D.Jordan, J.Noah, R.Hibbert, G.Monroe???
I don't know what to think about Dirk's trade value.
Yes, he's the Finals MVP but he is 33 (or about)
The Mavs gave up a lot for J.Kidd at about the same age so I don't know
Yeah, it's tough to find a dominant C. So if I had Amare and one of those guys... I think I like Dirk and Pau more. I'd have a shorter window to win, and their trade value would continue to decrease over the years... but I still think they have the edge.