Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I like your suggestions. I do think Butler will go for more... sot that's a risk for Team A.

For Team B, I might try to add Jimmer at #9 to get a spark plug off the bench but also someone who could stretch the floor to create space for Nowitzki/Gasol down low.
Yeah, i went with a guard with the MLE since both Martin and Conley aren't necessarily world beaters. I considered Jamal Crawford as well but i'm not sure what his market value might be at this point. I like Barea because of his ability to move the ball on offense, but still wreak havoc in the paint by being able to take pretty much anyone off the dribble.

As far as those concerned with Dirk's age, i don't think it's that big of a deal right now. I honestly feel he has a good two or three years, at least, left playing at the level he is right now, and he was absolutely unstoppable in the playoffs.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
I would much rather take Team A. AK isnt the AK of the old but he can guard the opposing team's best perimeter player and I would trade that over the difference between Brandon Knight and Mike Conley. Especially since Kevin Martin isnt a good defender at all.
Yeah K-Mart isn't a good defender and Knight seems to have that potential.

But he's also a scorer and I think I need a passer more with this group. If Knight is taking shots at a bad percentage, that will decrease the team's overall efficiency.

I'm still not convinced either way yet.. but leaning on Team B.

+rep comin' your way!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AK's pretty a decent passer for a SF. Also Kevin Martin and Dirk are guys who can create their own shots which kind of lessens the need for a pure point.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I forgot to say... Team B could add a FA with the MLE and they have the #9 pick of the draft.

Team A
PG Brandon Knight (#4 pick)
SG Kevin Martin
SF Andrei Kirilenko or Caron Butler (MLE)
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Amare Stoudemire

or

Team B
PG Mike Conley
SG Kevin Martin
SF Wes Johnson
PF Dirk Nowitzki
C Pau Gasol
-MLE to use
#9 pick of the draft
bump !
Old 06-21-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bump !
team B, close but not a tough choice

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Alright, I think I'm gonna go with Team B. Thanks guys!
Old 06-21-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where did those rosters come from? Fantasy Bball?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching the 98 NBA Draft. So much fun to watch these today. Apparently Michael Olowokandi ran a 4.5 40 and bench pressed 350 pounds. I'm calling BS on that.

Oh and Larry Hughes over Paul Pierce. ugh. That was a ****** move back then even. Cant hate too much, because Hughes did put together a decent enough career, even though his shot never developed, like they said it would and he played for like 10 teams. haha...but in hindsight, sucks for Philly.

I was like 11 during this draft...I dont remember watching it. But I remember Mike Bibby's career at Arizona, vividly. I was a die hard little Arizona fan for whatever reason back then. #2 overall. mmmmmm.

This was the draft that Orlando took...Doleac, Keon Clark, and Matt Harpring. Jesus.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-22-2011 at 12:03 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn near all of the rumors these days turn out to be BS. But according to "sources" the Hawks/Magic Josh Smith talks are legitimate right now. That said, they say Atlanta wants to clear cap space if they're going to move him. Orlando probably wont be able to conjure up a deal to their liking, unless another team is involved.

And even if something did get worked out...Josh Smith shooting all the open threes or deep jumpers he can handle on Orlando? Excuse me while I throw up. SVG would really need to tweak how we play, with Smith on board.

This type of move may not even make Orlando better, really. And I'm not even a Smith fan...but I'm pretty open to most moves that would net us young talent right now. It's obviously worth an inquiry if you're Orlando. Nothing scares me more than starting Arenas, however. And Nelson would most def. need to be involved in any package of players sent out.

I still think the liklihood of a deal, is pretty minimal, though. Josh Smith's value is probably lowered just by default, because of the baggage he comes with...but they could still probably do a lot better than anything Orlando could throw at them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-22-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only fear on Josh Smith and Dwight on the same team is what would happen if they go up for a block at the same time and collide lol.

No seriously if you can get Josh Smith for cheap that would be a good way to convince Howard to stay.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
But I remember Mike Bibby's career at Arizona, vividly. I was a die hard little Arizona fan for whatever reason back then. #2 overall. mmmmmm.
Ha, me too. I followed Arizona closely that year and a few years after, but the team Bibby ran with was pretty sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
My only fear on Josh Smith and Dwight on the same team is what would happen if they go up for a block at the same time and collide lol.

No seriously if you can get Josh Smith for cheap that would be a good way to convince Howard to stay.
For sure...but it still doesnt sound too likely. Unlikely, even without factoring in that it'd be an inter-division trade between competitive teams as well.

I dont even like Arenas or Smith, but it'd def. be a major positive step in keeping Dwight around, seeing how he and Smith are so close. And he apparently, has a lot of faith in Arenas still.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-22-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Nets take the first dead guy in the 2001 draft.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha I've been watching those old drafts too. The '98 one was hilarious to rewatch. Dirk and Tractor Trailer get swapped for each other, they talk about it for 3 seconds and then go on discussing Michael Doleac.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya they cut alot of the extra stuff on NBATV
Old 06-22-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Haha I've been watching those old drafts too. The '98 one was hilarious to rewatch. Dirk and Tractor Trailer get swapped for each other, they talk about it for 3 seconds and then go on discussing Michael Doleac.
That gave me an awesome idea... they should do a reenactment of old drafts with the knowledge we know now of how everything turned out and make funny comments on busts or stupid moves
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
That gave me an awesome idea... they should do a reenactment of old drafts with the knowledge we know now of how everything turned out and make funny comments on busts or stupid moves
cheap seats?
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
It works until you get into the tragedies.

"And the Boston Celtics pick Len Bias for a two day contract..."
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rambis fired. Sure wouldn't have made sense to do that a month ago or anything....
Old 06-22-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been unofficially fired for a while now though, no?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Nah, they just decided it's been rumored for a while though. Actually they aren't going to make it official until after the draft for whatever reason.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lorenzo Romar is an early candidate also. Wish he would just stay at Washington though. Coaching the Wolves hurts anyone's reputation.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If true, why in the world would the Lakers even bother offering Odom for #2? lol. Pleeeeeeease. Odom and Walton for Iggy makes a lot more sense. It'd be nice to have Brand, Odom, Walton, and Lou Williams coming off the books in the same year. Makes a lot of sense for what the Sixers are looking to do. Still sucks that they wouldnt be getting any young talent in return, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-23-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:42 AM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For some reason, I see Denver and Los Angeles as potential trading partners.
SativaDominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Jameer Nelson for Andre Miller and pick #21 is currently being dicussed. This is bound to make D-Unit very happy. Honestly, I'd rather get Batum than pick 21...but I'd be more than happy to get a pick. I'm a Meercat fan, but I'm looking for any kind of change right now. And Gil wouldnt need to start, so sounds good enough to me, albeit a little light on the return, imo. But yeah, I'm still hoping Batum's name creeps into this, though. Plus Andre Miller's expiring contract could even potentially turn into something good at the deadline.

edit...At 21, we could go damn near anywhere...seriously any position.

edit 2...Some are speculating we may flip the 1st and Miller's expiring in a deal for Josh Smith/Iggy. It would have to be a three team deal to do so, however.

Really they could go with something like...

Orlando gets:

F Josh Smith

Portland gets:

PG Jameer Nelson

Atlanta gets:

PG Andre Miller (expiring)
PF Brandon Bass
#21 overall pick

Again though, that all depends on how bad the Hawks want to move Smith. The Hawks apparently want a 1st rounder and to clear cap room for Smith. It fits the criteria, but I still think they could find better.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-23-2011 at 12:10 PM.