Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's still a 30 win team at best.
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
How many wins do you expect the Wolves to jump up to in 1 off-season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
How many wins do you expect the Wolves to jump up to in 1 off-season?
haha, this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really excited to see how Tyreke Evans plays this upcoming season(if there's one). He is working with the same coach who helped DRose jump shot last year for the 2nd off season in a row, and if he stays healthy this year I think he can be an All-Star type Guard. Cousins should also improve his game if he keeps his head on straight but I guess we will see about that. Hopefully dumbass's like Donte Greene are shipped out of town.

Also I'm getting the feeling if we arent able to retain Dalembert, I think we could go after Josh McRoberts. He and Thompson would rotate in at PF/C with Cousins and would be a nice young trio for us.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is what I did with the Hornets and Grizzlies in the forum mock/offseason

Hornets
PG: Steve Nash : Toney Douglas : Armon Johnson
SG: O.J. Mayo : Anthony Parker : Cartier Martin
SF: Trevor Ariza : Martell Webster : Andres Nocioni
PF: Carl Landry : Brandon Bass : Markieff Morris
C: Marcin Gortat : Chuck Hayes : Marreese Speights

Grizzlies
PG: Ramon Sessions : Darius Morris : Greivis Vasquez
SG: Tony Allen : Sam Young : Xavier Henry
SF: Rudy Cool: Shane Battier : Quincy Pondexter
PF: Zach Randolph : Darrell Arthur : Jason Smith
C : Marc Gasol : Dan Gadzuric

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
This is what I did with the Hornets and Grizzlies in the forum mock/offseason

Hornets
PG: Steve Nash : Toney Douglas : Armon Johnson
SG: O.J. Mayo : Anthony Parker : Cartier Martin
SF: Trevor Ariza : Martell Webster : Andres Nocioni
PF: Carl Landry : Brandon Bass : Markieff Morris
C: Marcin Gortat : Chuck Hayes : Marreese Speights

Grizzlies
PG: Ramon Sessions : Darius Morris : Greivis Vasquez
SG: Tony Allen : Sam Young : Xavier Henry
SF: Rudy Cool: Shane Battier : Quincy Pondexter
PF: Zach Randolph : Darrell Arthur : Jason Smith
C : Marc Gasol : Dan Gadzuric
Where did CP3 get shipped too?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Where did CP3 get shipped too?
I traded him to Phoenix. That's how I got Nash & Gortat.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-29-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I traded him to Phoenix. That's how I got Nash & Gortat.
Well, you got ripped off.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, you got ripped off.
Was just going to say this.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

This was the trade:

Chris Paul
David West

for

Steve Nash
Marcin Gortat
Mickael Pietrus
Aaron Brooks
2011 1st round
2013 1st round

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-29-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Quote:
This was the trade:

Chris Paul
David West

for

Steve Nash
Marcin Gortat
Mickael Pietrus
Aaron Brooks
2011 1st round
2013 1st round
You definitely got ripped off.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
You definitely got ripped off.
Good for me. I traded away a player that already opted out (David West) and a player whose likely to leave (Paul) for a marketable and still very good PG, a good center, two 1st round picks, and two role players. All of that is still more than what NOLA would get if he exercises his player option and leaves after this year which he is likely to do.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-29-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Quote:
Good for me. I traded away a player that already opted out (David West) and a player whose likely to leave (Paul) for a marketable and still very good PG, a good center, two 1st round picks, and two role players. All of that is still more than what NOLA would get if he exercises his player option and leaves after this year which he is likely to do.
You got a bunch of nickels and dimes for a dollar bill and a half dollar. Gortat is a solid center at best, Nash is in the closing chapters of his career and the rest is trash, it doesn't matter. The fact that West opted out is completely irrelevant, cause if he opted out in the mock, you wouldn't have been able to trade him. Point is you traded one of the best point guards in the league and a former all-star PF for two years (if you're lucky) of Steve Nash and Marcin Gortat. That's pretty terrible, it would leave NO in the dump that it's in for at least 7 more years.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
You got a bunch of nickels and dimes for a dollar bill and a half dollar. Gortat is a solid center at best, Nash is in the closing chapters of his career and the rest is trash, it doesn't matter. The fact that West opted out is completely irrelevant, cause if he opted out in the mock, you wouldn't have been able to trade him. Point is you traded one of the best point guards in the league and a former all-star PF for two years (if you're lucky) of Steve Nash and Marcin Gortat. That's pretty terrible, it would leave NO in the dump that it's in for at least 7 more years.
So you think NOLA would have been better off keeping CP3 for one more year and having him opt out and leave and be left with nothing much like Cleveland with LeBron? Would that have been better? Because chances are that he opts out and leaves New Orleans and will be courted by a solid contender like NY, a team much more likely to consistently make the playoffs and push deep into them way more so than NOLA will.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-29-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the trade was bad at all if you look at it from the standpoint that he claims.
The players were leaving anyways... might as well get what you can.
You can do a lot worse than an all-star pg, a quality C in a league where C's are rare and 2 1st rd picks.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Steve Nash is an all star PG in name only. Gortat is a guy that everyone loves to rave about his potential, but at best he's gonna be a 10/10 guy. I understand that Chris Paul and David West are most likely leaving, but you can do a lot better than that.
Old 06-29-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Steve Nash is an all star PG in name only. Gortat is a guy that everyone loves to rave about his potential, but at best he's gonna be a 10/10 guy. I understand that Chris Paul and David West are most likely leaving, but you can do a lot better than that.
It was the best offer I got as far as getting someone equally as marketable in return.

Nash an All-Star PG in name only? He averaged 14ppg & 11apg this year. In the regular season CP3 averaged 16ppg & 9apg. Say what you will but Nash is still playing at an All-Star and with the way he takes care of his body can play another 2-3 years which will give time for those young draft picks to develop.

This season Gortat averaged 10/8 and only played 25mpg. Given the lion's share of minutes he could average more than that.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-29-2011, 06:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Obviously you move CP3 because you dont wanna lose him him FA, but considering you gave up CP3 AND West in that deal and you got a 38 year old PG and a decent Center, a couple picks that have no guarantees and a couple role guys who are whatever is pretty bad. CP3 is the type of player that you can rebuild your team through...much like the nuggets did with Melo, and West just makes what you get in return that much better.

People would give you the Bank for CP3 and West.

Quote:
Old 06-29-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The idea of Chris Paul leaving for a bigger market and going to Phoenix is funny, even though Phoenix is larger than NOLa.. Good thing this isn't real life

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 06-29-2011 at 07:35 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:32 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are gonna leave when you see my new (and improved?) Utah Jazz hahaha not a finished product yet

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I definitely entertained the idea of CP3 and you can ask STRIP, it was a tough decision to trade him. Last forum mock, I kept him and built my team around him, this time I traded him to see what type of team I could build.

It's quite difficult for the Hornets to build a team around CP3. Obviously not having only Emeka Okafor as your trade piece also adds to the level of difficult. The team is adamant about keeping Trevor Ariza and with David West exercising his player option it really doesn't leave much wiggle room for the franchise. I know that priority 1 will likely be re-signing Carl Landry but after that I have no idea what they will try to do. They are also being run by the league so any moves they make will be to save money.

Until an actual owner steps up to purchase the Hornets then I just see them languishing under money making moves which will only cause CP3 to leave. Sure, in real life they might have a team offer the bank for him but when running one of these forum mocks most teams won't.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Depends on how Rubio plays and how the young guys (Wes, Crawford, Javale) develop. I have a whole **** ton of high potential young assets with like 20 mil in cap space. I got Javale, Crawford, Richardson, Anderson, and Batum for #2, #20, and Beasley. I will take that any and every day.

Next off season or around the trade deadline I could turn a bunch of those assets around for an All-Star and then I am immediately a contender.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:25 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
PG - Rickey Rubio - Luke Ridnour - Andy Rautins
SG - Jordan Crawford - Jason Richardson -Bill Walker
SF - Wes Johnson - Nicolas Batum - Renaldo Balkman
PF - Kevin Love - Ryan Anderson - Anthony Tolliver
C -Javale McGee - Darco Milicic - Nikola Pekovic

This is what I did with the Wolves in the forum mock. Any feedback?
Meh... I think Batum is plateauing and Wes Johnson is by far the worst of the 3 SFs the Twolves had between Beasley, Williams and Johnson. McGee will infuriate with his mental mistakes and Jordan Crawford is just as likely (or probably even more likely) to be just a piece of crap as he is a stud. And Rubio is still Rubio.

This is the wild card team that could absolutely blow up and take the league by storm in a couple years or it could implode and be absolute crap. And apart from Love, you lost any semblance of a consistent performer. Even Batum is just as likely to give you 8 and 4 as he is 14 and 8.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:58 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Meh... I think Batum is plateauing and Wes Johnson is by far the worst of the 3 SFs the Twolves had between Beasley, Williams and Johnson. McGee will infuriate with his mental mistakes and Jordan Crawford is just as likely (or probably even more likely) to be just a piece of crap as he is a stud. And Rubio is still Rubio.

This is the wild card team that could absolutely blow up and take the league by storm in a couple years or it could implode and be absolute crap. And apart from Love, you lost any semblance of a consistent performer. Even Batum is just as likely to give you 8 and 4 as he is 14 and 8.
It is a lot of high potential young players. McGee is very young and has more potential than any big in the draft. You're right about Crawford, but I'm content with it. It's unfair to judge Wes. He played out of position last season where he isn't quick enough to guard 2's, and even given that he wasn't terrible last year. I don't quite get why everyone thinks Wes is bad already. And I lost any semblance of a consistent performer? Are you suggesting I had one? All my new additions I got for the 2nd and 20th picks and Beasley.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

here's the new and improved Cavs from the forum mock!

PG :: Mike Conley : Charles Jenkins : Andrew Goudelock
SG :: Marshon Brooks : Josh Childress : Charles Jenkins
SF :: Carlos Delfino : Josh Childress : Luke Harangody
PF :: Derrick Williams : Drew Gooden : Antwan Jamison : Samardo Samuels
C :: Andrew Bogut : Bismack Biyombo : Semih Erden

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote