Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-30-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll see. I'm fine if people will chalk that up to bias, because it may well be. He's 22 though, and I think he'll be great.

I also thought Bernard Berrian was going to be great, however, so my theories aren't full-proof.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, while our record didn't improve significantly since the addition of Melo, I do think the trade was beneficial for us, mainly bc with Melo we finally have a "closer" on the roster.

Melo's offensive production speaks for itself, but his biggest contribution to the team is having that go to guy in the clutch. And for all of Melo's flaws, one thing he is great at is hitting those game winning shots. He's money.

I won't argue with the fact that we absolutely need a good PG or else we won't go anywhere. Melo and Stat are 2 scorers. They won't create for each other, they both need a creator to give them both their looks. So we definitely need a quality PG to do that for us.

As for Wade, top 2? I just don't see the guy as top 2 in the league. You're telling me you would take Wade over Durant?

If Wade and Rose switched places, I think Chicago would be worse and Miami would be better than they were. I just think Rose is a better player. He attacks better, he's a better passer, he runs the break just as well, I think they are on par on defense, and I think Wade has a better shot, but Rose's overall athleticism just puts him over the top to me.

If we're talking about just 1 season, I would still take Kobe over Wade as well. Long term no way, but for 1 season, I'd go Kobe.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Wade is a waaaaaaaaaay better defender and more efficient.
I don't think he's a way better defender. Rose is a good defender.

Efficiency...meh. Rose isn't going to be extremely efficient when he's the only scorer worth a damn on the Bulls.

Wade has Bron and Bosh. It's a lot easier to be efficient with those 2 guys.
Old 06-30-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Omri Casspi & future 1st for JJ Hickson

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6722764

could of had Amare 2 years ago, prob kept LeBron etc, but noooo Hickson was your guy & now you trade him for Omri Casspi

btw my Nash statement was more a figure of speech im sure i wouldn't list him top 10
I am guessing this all but makes Dalembert a UFA now. Cousins, Hickson and Thompson is a solid young big 3 to go along with Tyreke, Jimmer and Thornton in the back court.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Efficiency...meh. Rose isn't going to be extremely efficient when he's the only scorer worth a damn on the Bulls.

Wade has always been more efficient than Rose, regardless of supporting cast. And Rose is a decent defender while Wade is borderline elite.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Who was worth a damn as a scorer on the Heat before Lebron and Bosh went there? After the Shaq era of course.

Also that trade is terrible for the Cavs. Casspi could barely get off the bench for one of the worst teams in the league. And I really doubt Thompson is ever as good as Hickson.

Last edited by yo123 : 06-30-2011 at 02:51 PM.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Who was worth a damn as a scorer on the Heat before Lebron and Bosh went there? After the Shaq era of course.
Touche.

Beasley? I know that's a reach. Didn't he have Odom for a little bit?
Old 06-30-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also that trade is terrible for the Cavs. Casspi could barely get off the bench for one of the worst teams in the league. And I really doubt Thompson is ever as good as Hickson.
Casspi is a solidish roleplayer and Hickson is really really stupid. Sure he's talented, but I don't think they would go anywhere with him. Plus, he fits right in with the stupidity of Cousins and Evans.

Keep in mind that I am not a fan of Tristan Thompson at all, but whatever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2011, 02:55 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my top 10

1. Dwyane Wade
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Kevin Durant
4. Dwight Howard
5. LeBron James
6. Kobe Bryant
7. Chris Paul
8. Derrick Rose
9. Deron Williams
10. Carmelo Anthony

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Touche.

Beasley? I know that's a reach. Didn't he have Odom for a little bit?
Odom got traded for Shaq. Wade had Jermaine Oneal and Shawne Marion after Shaq. Both averaged about 13 ppg in Miami.
Old 06-30-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just found this in the Hickson for Casspi+1st round trade. That draft pick is protected. Lottery protected in 2012 and top 10 protected until 2017.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Jamaal-Football
Rookie

Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jamaal-Football is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i LOVE that trade for the Kings. Hickson was a 14/8 guy for the Cavs with only 28mpg played. Casspi was just the odd man out on a team full of solid swing players. Now just to get anything in return for Donte Greene..
Jamaal-Football is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaal-Football View Post
i LOVE that trade for the Kings. Hickson was a 14/8 guy for the Cavs with only 28mpg played. Casspi was just the odd man out on a team full of solid swing players. Now just to get anything in return for Donte Greene..
I'd take any vet player at any position for Greene to move him. Rumor is we want Honeycutt to get minutes at SF (behind Salmons I guess). I still think we need to add a defensive Center but idk if Dalembert is willing to take less mins and a pay cut to stay. Right now our roster is looking like...

PG Tyreke Evans/Jimmer Fredette
SG Marcus Thornton/Francisco Gacia
SF John Salmons/Tyler Honeycutt
PF JJ Hickson/ Jason Thompson
C DeMarcus Cousins/ Defensive F/A

Very solid young team IMO

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 06-30-2011, 03:35 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron is a top 10 player no doubt about it.
#netsfinallyhavesomeonegood
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Casspi is a solidish roleplayer and Hickson is really really stupid. Sure he's talented, but I don't think they would go anywhere with him. Plus, he fits right in with the stupidity of Cousins and Evans.

You can't have a stupid player be your number 1 guy, but Hickson would be a fine #3 and will be in Sacramento.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I love the trade for both teams. Casspi is a good player and a better fit on the Cavs than Hickson.
Old 06-30-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kings were going after Tyson Chandler before the lockout very much doubt they intend to start Hickson

Evans Thornton Salmons Cousins Chandler/Dalembert

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Kings were going after Tyson Chandler before the lockout very much doubt they intend to start Hickson

Evans Thornton Salmons Cousins Chandler/Dalembert
Ya I just read about that, very intereating. Idk how Hickson would react to being on tue bench, along with Thompson.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

Old 06-30-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It sucks that the Kings don't have a true PG. If they could have spent money to get a facilitator, move Reke to the 2, then in crunch time have Reke run the point w/ Thornton out there.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys overrate Durant. He's a fantastic scorer but I haven't seen him "carry" the team yet.

Every year the Thunder are pegged as Dark Horses to win the West, they come in and play ok but not great. That shuold all fall on the Superstar's hands.

I do think the Heat would of stood a better chance against Dallas than Lebron though but only because there wouldn't be a power struggle and Durant can conform to second banana better than lebron can.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I think you guys overrate Durant. He's a fantastic scorer but I haven't seen him "carry" the team yet.

Every year the Thunder are pegged as Dark Horses to win the West, they come in and play ok but not great. That shuold all fall on the Superstar's hands.
This has happened all of two years and he's 22 years old.

I will say that him over Dirk on some lists is pretty confusing.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This has happened all of two years and he's 22 years old.
Exactly, people are so impatient now. There are at on of great players in the league, only 1 team can win the championship a year. Honestly for how far the Thunder made it, with Durant and Westbrook both 21 and 22 years old, is a pretty big step up for them. It's not like he's approaching 30 and constantly failing in the 1st round or something.

Eventually it will fall on Durant, as alot of blame already has started in his direction about him fighting to go get the ball and getting off of double teams, etc. But let's give his career sometime to develop before jumping to conclusions, he's really good that we do know, and arguably the best scorer in the game right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Russell Westbrook being a selfish dickhead didn't exactly help Durant when he tried to carry them.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-30-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Exactly, people are so impatient now. There are at on of great players in the league, only 1 team can win the championship a year. Honestly for how far the Thunder made it, with Durant and Westbrook both 21 and 22 years old, is a pretty big step up for them. It's not like he's approaching 30 and constantly failing in the 1st round or something.

Eventually it will fall on Durant, as alot of blame already has started in his direction about him fighting to go get the ball and getting off of double teams, etc. But let's give his career sometime to develop before jumping to conclusions, he's really good that we do know, and arguably the best scorer in the game right now.
But then you're misconstruing the whole argument. The question is the top player RIGHT NOW. You're saying he's only 22 but I never said he's always gonna suck or he'll never be able to carry a team... we're talking about RIGHT NOW. He can have all the potential in the world, but it doesn't make him a top 3 player right now. This is a what have you done for me lately league not a what are you going to do for me in the future league.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...and now it's this league's turn to butcher itself before its audience with a lockout- only this time this league is more suspectly operated than its Football counterparts, so the body count will probably be more numerous.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote