Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

alot of people seem to have frogotten about Roby due to how terrible colorado is this year

and i have a feeling that DJ Augustin will test the draft waters i really dont see that many point guards better and his stock is at a high playing with someone like Durant and i doubt he'll able to improve much next year anyway but he can always say that this year he played wit a great player like durant and was still able to put up modest numbers
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was on the Richard Roby bandwagon last year and will not get off now... Also i am re-starting the Marcus Williams bandwagon and all aboard get a free hat
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So after doing a little more research on Yi Jianlian, I officially want this guy to be a Phoenix Sun next year. His game seems very well suited to our style, and I really think that he'll become a stud in the NBA.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Tyson Chandler is a beast. 10 rebounds and 13 points in 16 ******s.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
Tyson Chandler is a beast. 10 rebounds and 13 points in 16 ******s.
Tyson Chandler also gets in foul trouble and is terrible on the offensive end.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Work in progress. And his scoring is improving, he'll probably end up being a Ben Wallace type of player in the near future. Oh yeah, and he's got three blocks.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Work in progress. And his scoring is improving, he'll probably end up being a Ben Wallace type of player in the near future. Oh yeah, and he's got three blocks.
Tyson is not a good defender at all. So he's got a ways to go there. He's a shot blocking rebounder and I don't think he'll ever get above that IMO.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
rainman
Veteran

rainman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Yeah but he's not in the game to score a ton of points. He went 7/10 from the field with 15+ boards and 3 + blocks recently. If he can do that consistently, any team in the NBA would start him.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
jets future
Pro Bowler

jets future smells like sex panther.

what a sad ending for the knicks in the knick game
jets future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainman View Post
Yeah but he's not in the game to score a ton of points. He went 7/10 from the field with 15+ boards and 3 + blocks recently. If he can do that consistently, any team in the NBA would start him.
"If" he can do that, which is doubtful IMHO.

That was his problem in Chicago. He'd be a monster one game, and then non existent the next.

Hell, if Ben Gordon could consistently shoot the ball like he did against the Bucks, he'd be averaging 50 points a game.

Quote:
Old 03-06-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Tyson is not a good defender at all. So he's got a ways to go there. He's a shot blocking rebounder and I don't think he'll ever get above that IMO.
I think that you're really underrating Tyson Chandler. I don't think that anybody is saying that he's a defensive force or a great center... yet. Everybody knows that he's a developemental prospect, and he has shown alot of improvement this year. If he continues to progress along at this rate, I think he'll easily be a top ten or even a top five center two or three years down the line. He just needed a change of scenery to get his act together.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:41 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tyson Chandler is welcome on the Mavs any day
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

He finished with 18 boards, 15 points, and 4 blocks. Look at his stats for February, they're incredibly good and also very consistent. He's definitely keeping up the pace.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
I think that you're really underrating Tyson Chandler. I don't think that anybody is saying that he's a defensive force or a great center... yet. Everybody knows that he's a developemental prospect, and he has shown alot of improvement this year. If he continues to progress along at this rate, I think he'll easily be a top ten or even a top five center two or three years down the line. He just needed a change of scenery to get his act together.
Consistency is what he needs, but I really question his work ethic in the offseason so hopefully that changes. He's a hard worker on the court, but from what I heard and read he didn't work on his game at all in the offseason.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, Kobe is a little punk. He hit Manu Ginoboli with that cheap shot, and all I remember is the media rushing to Kobe's defense, saying it was an completely incidental and there's no way it was intentional.

Then yesterday he does the same exact thing to Marko Jaric. Complete cheap shot, a driving stiff arm smashing Jaric directly in the face. There's no way it is unintentional, Kobe just tries to mask it by making it look like a follow-through.

He needs to get suspended again, hopefully more than the 1 game he got for smashing Ginoboli in the face.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Wow, Kobe is a little punk. He hit Manu Ginoboli with that cheap shot, and all I remember is the media rushing to Kobe's defense, saying it was an completely incidental and there's no way it was intentional.

Then yesterday he does the same exact thing to Marko Jaric. Complete cheap shot, a driving stiff arm smashing Jaric directly in the face. There's no way it is unintentional, Kobe just tries to mask it by making it look like a follow-through.

He needs to get suspended again, hopefully more than the 1 game he got for smashing Ginoboli in the face.
I think he'll get three games. That elbow looked pretty dirty.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweetness is just bitter that Tyson is doing good on another team and that the bulls basically traded him away for nothing. Then they went on to Sign Ben Wallace to a huge contract and Tyrus is putting up better numbers than Wallace :)
Old 03-07-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't look now, but Trevor Ariza is back for the Magic and heating up!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yet the magic and fighting and scratching for the 8th seed.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Darko needs to learn how to be consistent.

Anyways, Boris Diaw is starting tonight for Phoenix. Hopefully he's back and healthy, he's missed an awful lot of time with his back.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Hey, everyone knows we don't have a Championship team. The main excitement we get are seeing our players develop! What's good about the Magic is that they are not a team of aging stars fighting for a playoff spot. That would mean trouble.

This year, Darko and Ariza have stepped out of the closet a little. Darko just became a full time starter last week or the week before.... Ariza is finally getting to see some minutes with Hill going down...finally.

We're getting there... slowly...
Old 03-07-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

raps have a big game against the griz this year
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Sweetness is just bitter that Tyson is doing good on another team and that the bulls basically traded him away for nothing. Then they went on to Sign Ben Wallace to a huge contract and Tyrus is putting up better numbers than Wallace :)
Not really. I didn't like Tyson when he was here and I was glad we traded him. He needs some consistency, which he doesn't have yet. He'll go and put up some great numbers and then put up some really bad ones.

He has developed this year and it's good to see, but I am not broken up at all that he's gone.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Moving Tyson was the right move. Signing Big Ben wasn't. However, their worst move was getting rid of Eddy Curry. He's turning into a monster.
Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Moving Tyson was the right move. Signing Big Ben wasn't. However, their worst move was getting rid of Eddy Curry. He's turning into a monster.
I'd take Tyson Chandler over Eddy Curry any day of the week. Look at his February:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tyson_...ame_stats.html