Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DWill's comments and interview today give me so much hope. Saying "90% chance" he'll end up staying with the Nets, and if they got Dwight, he would definitely re-sign. yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I'm a big Jordan fan!

Going back a page on the Magic and Richardson stuff, seem to have completely ignored the sign and trade option, which circumvents the 3 month rule on not being able to trade signed players, would be an option if the Hornets were interested and god only knows why they would be, because he is just no good. Wingmen who can't dribble and just jack up bad 3s are dime a dozen and not worth a hell of a lot.

Magic are basically stuffed with Howard, they have been so poorly run and managed that they are in an awful position, we have the ~5th biggest payroll and only 1 star, we are paying franchise money(or more) for scrubs like Arenas. Instead of attacking last years FA class we just loaded up on scrubs. We are one of the worst run teams from that point of view. We've also drafted horribly.
No, we discussed the trade restriction, we just got to a dead end when we couldn't figure out when the trade deadline was. Would that trade restriction end before or after?

With Chris Paul saying he would like a trade to Orlando or LAC, I have reason to not give up hope yet. I won't give up hope until it actually happens.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The trade restriction ends before the trade deadline. Look at Raymond Felton when he got traded in the Melo deal.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The trade restriction ends before the trade deadline. Look at Raymond Felton when he got traded in the Melo deal.
If that's true then the race for Paul really comes down to:

NYK - can they trade Billups fast enough to get attractive assets that NOR would like?

ORL - can they sign J-Rich and improve the trade package good enough to a degree that NOR would accept?

LAC - Do they want to trade for Paul or Howard? They have the assets to make a move now.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate this waiting game with Dwight. I still think there is a good chance he sticks around. But I just want this whole thing resolved one way or the other.

As for something else...I put in NBA 2K12 for the first time today. Greatest sports game intro ever? The faces look fantastic, too. Courtney Lee finally looks like Courtney Lee. And most guys are just spot on. Jameer kind of looks like Tyler Perry, though. lol. But yeah...my main point of making this post was to express my disappointment in the fact that the rookie class isnt included in the game yet. I totally didnt even think about that. None of these dudes are even signed yet. :( I just wanted to practice with Justin Harper for a bit, dammit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Meh, any improvement on defense went unnoticed by me last year. I thought he still looked pretty bad.

And are we seriously trying to sign Jamal Crawford? Is there anything we need less than another no defense chucker?
The Magic are apparently interested in Crawford as a fall back option, if they can't re-up Richardson, too.

I look at our roster...and I just want to rebuild and play some more youth. I've always been a big Richardson fan, but Orlando wont do crap with their current makeup.

I'm ready for the Earl Clark in the starting lineup movement.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The Magic are apparently interested in Crawford as a fall back option, if they can't re-up Richardson, too.

I look at our roster...and I just want to rebuild and play some more youth. I've always been a big Richardson fan, but Orlando wont do crap with their current makeup.

I'm ready for the Earl Clark in the starting lineup movement.
I'm so aboard that train! In my mind I like to think of him as a defensive Amare. :D ahahaa.

I think Crawford is ok, but would he take the MLE from us??? I have my doubts.

I really wanted JR Smith, but he's stuck in China now. Doh.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If that's true then the race for Paul really comes down to:

NYK - can they trade Billups fast enough to get attractive assets that NOR would like?

ORL - can they sign J-Rich and improve the trade package good enough to a degree that NOR would accept?

LAC - Do they want to trade for Paul or Howard? They have the assets to make a move now.
It simply comes down to how strong CAA and Paul's persistence on NY or will the NBA find 16 owners to vote on a deal to trade Paul elsewhere forcing Paul to choose between money or winning.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He wont take the MLE, Orlando really needs to clear some cap, if they want to sign any of the guys they're linked too. So none of that will probably happen. But if I had my way, and we had money, I'd want Afflalo at the 2.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Kings spend the $16m in cap room they need to fill. Obviously no one is really being linked to them, but maybe they can throw some nice money at Deandre Jordan to play with Cousins down low, since they were planning on giving Dalembert an extension anyway. Might as well go after the young guy.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He wont take the MLE, Orlando really needs to clear some cap, if they want to sign any of the guys they're linked too. So none of that will probably happen. But if I had my way, and we had money, I'd want Afflalo at the 2.
I'm thinking whatever player we sign would be used as trade bait. So whoever NOR wants, that's the guy I want us to sign.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If NOR wanted a guy, what would stop them from signing him themselves? Lol. They're $12.6M under the salary floor.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
If NOR wanted a guy, what would stop them from signing him themselves? Lol. They're $12.6M under the salary floor.
Because NOR is in a terrible situation with no owner. They belong to the NBA. Until they sell the team, you won't see NOR be active in FA. Their cap space is a selling point for the team. You won't see the NBA using that up and eliminating that sell value.

Plus, do you really see good FAs wanting to sign up there with Chris Paul declaring to get outta there?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Their cap space isn't a selling point because there's a salary floor, meaning they HAVE to spend at least $12.6 million dollars this off-season.

It isn't necessarily a hot spot for FA, but you better believe they're gonna make one last push to field a decent team for Chris Paul. And besides, what makes Orlando such a great destination in comparison? Dwight is probably leaving also, who would wanna be stuck on that team for three years, in that putrid cap situation they have?

All i'm saying is that Orlando throwing out their MLE in hopes that whoever they sign can be used as trade bait for NOR, is grasping at straws AT BEST. Neither team is a promising situation for the future as a FA.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Their cap space isn't a selling point because there's a salary floor, meaning they HAVE to spend at least $12.6 million dollars this off-season.

It isn't necessarily a hot spot for FA, but you better believe they're gonna make one last push to field a decent team for Chris Paul. And besides, what makes Orlando such a great destination in comparison? Dwight is probably leaving also, who would wanna be stuck on that team for three years, in that putrid cap situation they have?

All i'm saying is that Orlando throwing out their MLE in hopes that whoever they sign can be used as trade bait for NOR, is grasping at straws AT BEST. Neither team is a promising situation for the future as a FA.
Chris Paul has asked to be traded. Dwight has not. In fact, in today's meeting with Otis, Dwight said he wants to stay in Orlando. He has asked Otis to try to hit a home run trade to acquire another superstar. The names he mentioned were Chris Paul, Monta Ellis and another undisclosed player.

With NOR forced to spend money and it also looking like an undesirable place to play, I'm guessing that they'll only be able to attract mid-level talent even though they have more than the MLE to spend. Orlando is a championship contender as long as they have Dwight, so there's plenty of reason to think they can still attract better FAs than what NOR can attract.

But back to the original point... if Paul says he wants to be traded to ORL then the Magic have to try to put together a nice package and that could include a player they get in FA. Grasping for straws is an accurate asssesment though. Right now, Otis needs to get as creative as they can.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's be real here: neither the Knicks nor Magic can give up anything worth a damn to get Chris Paul. The Lakers have Bynum they can use as a chip, but getting paul and losing Bynum kills them down low.

the Magic's options for dealing Dwight seem to be down to the Nets and Lakers. Nets can offer Bropez and a plethora a pick. Lakers can offer Bynum and Pau.

If the magic don't get good guys in FA or make a move, you have to think Dwight is going to go. He's too antsy and needs someone around him. The Nets and Lakers are desirable options (Nets are because of D-Will, cap room and potential signings this offseason).

Time will tell, and with a condensed FA period, it'll tell quite soon potentially.

and what was Dwight's quote D? I mean, if they get talent around him, yeah, he'll stay, but he's been all too open about expressing his potential to leave to go win somewhere
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
let's be real here: neither the Knicks nor Magic can give up anything worth a damn to get Chris Paul. The Lakers have Bynum they can use as a chip, but getting paul and losing Bynum kills them down low.

the Magic's options for dealing Dwight seem to be down to the Nets and Lakers. Nets can offer Bropez and a plethora a pick. Lakers can offer Bynum and Pau.

If the magic don't get good guys in FA or make a move, you have to think Dwight is going to go. He's too antsy and needs someone around him. The Nets and Lakers are desirable options (Nets are because of D-Will, cap room and potential signings this offseason).

Time will tell, and with a condensed FA period, it'll tell quite soon potentially.

and what was Dwight's quote D? I mean, if they get talent around him, yeah, he'll stay, but he's been all too open about expressing his potential to leave to go win somewhere
While we're being real here... NJ could get screwed the most. If they don't get Howard, DWill is gone and it'll be like the Summer of 2010 all over again for the Nets. Nets open the doors to Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Boozer, Nowitzki, and Stoudemire... only to be left at the alter all alone.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
While we're being real here... NJ could get screwed the most. If they don't get Howard, DWill is gone and it'll be like the Summer of 2010 all over again for the Nets. Nets open the doors to Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Boozer, Nowitzki, and Stoudemire... only to be left at the alter all alone.
except where Deron Williams was quoted today saying that there's a "90% chance" he's staying at the end of the year. And that's not contingent on Dwight. DWill is picking our free agents, he is virtually running this team and is the face of the franchise moving to Brooklyn which he loves. He doesn't have any really intentions on leaving unless the team messes up royally, which really, they can't, since he's the one whispering in Billy King's ear who he wants and is recruiting other free agents. And think he's just blowing smoke? Not really, guys want to know how committed he is before they sign here with us, so his hand was forced by the situation. I'm not worried much at all about losing DWill.

Let's be real, the Magic have the most to lose because Dwight could EASILY bolt at the end of the year, more likely than Dwill by a long shot. And without dwight, they're still stuck with role players with massive contracts. They need to miraculously acquire CP3, or deal Howard.

Your saying if we don't get howard than Dwill is gone is just incredibly false. it's a ridiculous statement to make based on literally 0 claim or merit...
Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
except where Deron Williams was quoted today saying that there's a "90% chance" he's staying at the end of the year. And that's not contingent on Dwight. DWill is picking our free agents, he is virtually running this team and is the face of the franchise moving to Brooklyn which he loves. He doesn't have any really intentions on leaving unless the team messes up royally, which really, they can't, since he's the one whispering in Billy King's ear who he wants and is recruiting other free agents. And think he's just blowing smoke? Not really, guys want to know how committed he is before they sign here with us, so his hand was forced by the situation. I'm not worried much at all about losing DWill.

Let's be real, the Magic have the most to lose because Dwight could EASILY bolt at the end of the year, more likely than Dwill by a long shot. And without dwight, they're still stuck with role players with massive contracts. They need to miraculously acquire CP3, or deal Howard.

Your saying if we don't get howard than Dwill is gone is just incredibly false. it's a ridiculous statement to make based on literally 0 claim or merit...
Oh yeah? Well my dad can beat up your dad!

Just wondering who DWill will want the Nets to sign if Howard doesn't.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Oh yeah? Well my dad can beat up your dad!

Just wondering who DWill will want the Nets to sign if Howard doesn't.
well he was quoted on saying that he's confident Howard would sign an extension to the Nets if they trade for him (which is kinda obvious)

rumor has it, he's been pushing for Caron Butler, Nene and Ronnie Brewer I believe. He's a popular guy around the league (and being a top 3 PG, arguably the best all around PG), that kinda improves it too. It's going to be interesting to see how it all plays out. If the Nets are gonna spend this year, wait and bank on howard etc.

it does sound like we're pocketing our amnesty for now in case we sign a guy and then want to sign/get a trade done for Howard, which is kinda smart.
Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

He was on WFAN would do you expect Deron to say? That he would not consider resigning with the Nets before the season even started?
Old 12-05-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Nene/Afflalo would be a nice FA grab for the Nets if they don't get Howard.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Nene/Afflalo would be a nice FA grab for the Nets if they don't get Howard.
Those are current FAs. I'm talking about next summer.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
the Magic's options for dealing Dwight seem to be down to the Nets and Lakers.
Clippers are rumored in there as well...and have very good trade chips.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
He was on WFAN would do you expect Deron to say? That he would not consider resigning with the Nets before the season even started?
uhm...well yeah. Or, just not say "I'm 90% staying". In the past he's been quiet, players say no comment or don't address it. I mean, he's been pretty much on board staying from all his comments really since we traded for him. I mean, this is really no surprise, but people are going to doubt away since it's the nets.

And we've been looking at Afflalo, but I'm not sure that happens. Nene is a distinct possibility however.

and moth, forgot about the Clips, they could end up being the Magics best deal really
Quote: