Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just dont think the Nets have enough to acquire Howard. I like Bropez to a point, but a Bropez and two ****** 1st round pick deal, kind of blows. If you have Williams and Howard, those picks will be useless. Orlando would certainly need more in a deal.

Sign and trade could help it out, not that the FA market is all that great, though. The only other real benefit is that they could eat up one of our bad contracts...but, I want more actual talent in return, not just the cap relief that comes from losing Howard and dumping Turk on them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-06-2011 at 02:04 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c7zn5sj

I dont even particularly like Bynum or Smith.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:41 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

will give ya Gortat, Frye, Dudley & Morris for Howard :D

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:41 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just dont think the Nets have enough to acquire Howard. I like Bropez to a point, but a Bropez and two ****** 1st round pick deal, kind of blows. If you have Williams and Howard, those picks will be useless. Orlando would certainly need more in a deal.

Sign and trade could help it out, not that the FA market is all that great, though. The only other real benefit is that they could eat up one of our bad contracts...but, I want more actual talent in return, not just the cap relief that comes from losing Howard and dumping Turk on them.
I don't think both picks are ours (obviously both cant be) It's early, so I forget exactly who's picks they are. But still, I think one of the major things for the Magic in that deal would be the overall cap relief and freedom to start building again. You'd have a top 5-10 center, who's 23, in Bropez, 2 picks in what's going to be an incredible draft, we'd take Hedo, and you could amnesty Gilbert. You'd have a **** ton of cap space after that and a chance to start over and build.

the other thing that ties your hands is where will and won't dwight sign an extension? i read a rumor he wouldnt in LAC, but take that with a grain of salt. I know it's not the best deal out there, but the nets could offer a decent amount, mainly due to the freeing up of cash for the magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron's comments today...

Deron Williams also spoke today about the prospects of going to Dallas as a free agent...

...I always thought about it when I was in Utah when I became a free agent it’s possible I’ll go there.

What about your 90 percent comment on the radio? Deron Williams: He asked me a number. I just said that, but I haven’t really thought about that before he said that.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Deron's comments today...

Deron Williams also spoke today about the prospects of going to Dallas as a free agent...

...I always thought about it when I was in Utah when I became a free agent it’s possible I’ll go there.

What about your 90 percent comment on the radio? Deron Williams: He asked me a number. I just said that, but I haven’t really thought about that before he said that.
Out of context much? Did you forget to quote the rest of the answer to that question?

Quote:
What about your 90 percent comment on the radio? He asked me a number. I just said that, but I haven’t really thought about that before he said that – what percentage? But yeah, like I said, it’s a strong possibility – I have a strong feeling that I’ll re-sign here.
Quote:
Intentions regarding Nets? In a perfect world, we'd get the players for me to stay here. I’m excited about the opportunity to play in the new arena in Brooklyn – the move – I just think it would be a great place to play. So that’s what I’m hoping for. That would be the best-case scenario.''
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/net...=Google+Reader

Last edited by MetSox17 : 12-06-2011 at 01:11 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Out of context much? Did you forget to quote the rest of the answer to that question?

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/net...=Google+Reader
Did any of the rest matter? No. To think he's given NJ any reassurance that he'll be there just because he threw out the number "90%" is just ridiculous. They have to be able to bring in Howard or he's gone. That's very shaky ground.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does it not matter when the sentence right after that he says "i have a strong feeling i'll re-sign here"? lol
Old 12-06-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
How does it not matter when the sentence right after that he says "i have a strong feeling i'll re-sign here"? lol
You're kidding right?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
You're kidding right?
Not one bit. I get that you like to constantly go against the grain for shits and giggles, but you're trying to take something completely out of context to make it seem like Deron wants out of there asap. Yes, it is known that he wants to add players, and of course he wants Howard. And i NEVER insinuated that what he said is an assurance of him staying (which i guarantee is where you were going with your next comment), i'm simply saying that you can't use that as evidence that he wants out. That's silly, especially when he was hinting the complete opposite.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna have to side with Metsox on this one. That bit you left out D was pretty relevant and important. The whole complexion of what he says changes drastically if you leave that out.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Not one bit. I get that you like to constantly go against the grain for shits and giggles, but you're trying to take something completely out of context to make it seem like Deron wants out of there asap. Yes, it is known that he wants to add players, and of course he wants Howard. And i NEVER insinuated that what he said is an assurance of him staying (which i guarantee is where you were going with your next comment), i'm simply saying that you can't use that as evidence that he wants out. That's silly, especially when he was hinting the complete opposite.
I'm not trying to make it seem like Deron wants out of there. Right now, I'm sure he sincerely hopes to be there. He's saying all the right things and I think NJ fans are clinging onto it tighter than they should because if things turn out where Howard doesn't go there, then I think all this jazz about him staying will turn out to be nonsense. He's gonna do what's best for him, not what's best for the Nets.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'm gonna have to side with Metsox on this one. That bit you left out D was pretty relevant and important. The whole complexion of what he says changes drastically if you leave that out.
Eat up all the preseason talk you want. When it comes down to decision time, ask Lebron what he thinks about that.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You're being ridiculous, no one is eating up anything. You're trying to make it seem one way when it's the opposite way. Strawmen galore. I'm done talking about that.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to be blunt. Nobody wants to play for Orlando. It sucks, but it's true.

So all these crazy trade scenarios everyone is cooking up, you can throw it out the window.

There's really only a good 5-7 teams in the league that are reasonable destinations for most star athletes that can sign anywhere they want.

Orlando, and any other nobodycaresiftheydisappear team aren't part of that group.

It sucks, but again, that's just how the NBA is.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You're being ridiculous, no one is eating up anything. You're trying to make it seem one way when it's the opposite way. Strawmen galore. I'm done talking about that.
Meh. Tell me this...

So what if they don't get Howard? Do you think Deron will still stay?
Old 12-06-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm going to be blunt. Nobody wants to play for Orlando. It sucks, but it's true.

So all these crazy trade scenarios everyone is cooking up, you can throw it out the window.

There's really only a good 5-7 teams in the league that are reasonable destinations for most star athletes that can sign anywhere they want.

Orlando, and any other nobodycaresiftheydisappear team aren't part of that group.

It sucks, but again, that's just how the NBA is.
Meh. Typical big city bully mentality. You'd like to think that was true, but I'll be blunt. It's not. NY hasn't won a championship since...um... Sucks for you, but it's true. You think just because your team plays in a big city that that's what attracts stars..... Does it really? Has it ever proven to be true? Plus, now days, the world is getting smaller and smaller. No longer are athletes limited to exposure and endorsements in big cities. This is the age of the internet and global exposure.

Quite honestly, I don't think NBA players have ever given a damn. A few maybe, but the majority? No. For every Shaq that has bolted for LA, I can name a Tim Duncan who has never left San Antonio. Players will follow the money they can get from their NBA contracts first and foremost. Miami is the lesser child of big cities like NY, LA or Chicago. Yet they landed the 3 biggest stars last summer. What happened to NY? Why didn't Lebron or Wade choose them? NY had to settle for Stat. He wasn't their first choice.

Look at the hottest team on the rise. Oklahoma City. Good grief.

Let's not pretend that it's the city that attracts the stars. It's the cap space that these teams have and their ability to assemble the stars. Anything else is gravy.

Orlando has a brand spanking new stadium, great weather and no state taxes. Disney is a huge endorser and hell, even Penny had one of the most successful shoe lines that Nike ever had when he was with the Magic.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T-Mac was the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th biggest star in the NBA for awhile in Orlando
Old 12-06-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
T-Mac was the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th biggest star in the NBA for awhile in Orlando
I felt bad for T-Mac. Grant Hill screwed the team up and the Magic could never work around his salary to afford making the team better under the cap. T-Mac's endorsement money was huge as well. Whole Addidas clothing line and all. In the end, he was basically run out of town by our hockey GM who had no clue about basketball. He also wanted out seeking to play with better talent. He got his pay day and he got the chance to play with a legit big man.... the city was irrelevant.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't talking about NY in particular. But since you mentioned it, Melo and Stat came on board the second we had enough cap space to sign them, and CP3 is dying to sign with the Knicks. That doesn't help your argument.

Nor does the fact that Dwight might as well get fitted for his Lakers jersey as we speak.

Or how DWill wants to stay with the Nets bc they're moving to Brooklyn.

Or how Miami got a big 3 bc they offer the same tax breaks coupled with Miami women running around town.

You think NBA players give a **** about Mickey Mouse? Come on.

Duncan and Durant are the exceptions to the rule. LA and Boston damn near won half the league's championships. Chicago won 6. NY, for what it's worth, won 2.

Big cities get all the stars in the NBA. If they have the cap space, they'll get the stars. No star player is choosing Memphis over Chicago if both can offer max deals. That's just the reality of it.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:

This made me laugh out loud. Good stuff.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Meh. Typical big city bully mentality. You'd like to think that was true, but I'll be blunt. It's not. NY hasn't won a championship since...um... Sucks for you, but it's true. You think just because your team plays in a big city that that's what attracts stars..... Does it really? Has it ever proven to be true? Plus, now days, the world is getting smaller and smaller. No longer are athletes limited to exposure and endorsements in big cities. This is the age of the internet and global exposure.

Quite honestly, I don't think NBA players have ever given a damn. A few maybe, but the majority? No. For every Shaq that has bolted for LA, I can name a Tim Duncan who has never left San Antonio. Players will follow the money they can get from their NBA contracts first and foremost. Miami is the lesser child of big cities like NY, LA or Chicago. Yet they landed the 3 biggest stars last summer. What happened to NY? Why didn't Lebron or Wade choose them? NY had to settle for Stat. He wasn't their first choice.

Look at the hottest team on the rise. Oklahoma City. Good grief.

Let's not pretend that it's the city that attracts the stars. It's the cap space that these teams have and their ability to assemble the stars. Anything else is gravy.

Orlando has a brand spanking new stadium, great weather and no state taxes. Disney is a huge endorser and hell, even Penny had one of the most successful shoe lines that Nike ever had when he was with the Magic.
Quite frankly I was with you on the whole Deron Williams thing but to attack the Knicks in order to try and sell yourself that Orlando is not in a terrible position right now I am not ok with that.

Orlando has win a title since? Oh that's right they have not won one ever.

Is it a coincidence that more players are interested in playing for NY as compared to Orlando? No

Is it a conspiracy that even when a major market team stinks they bring in more money then the smaller team's when they are at their best? Again no.

Miami landed the big 3 cause of the fact that they already had Wade. Which gave them a giant advantage with the cap. If Chicago or NY had the same cap space that Miami had they would have signed there.

Another thing the Knicks didn't settle on Amare. There plan was to pair him with Lebron. Based on the fact Lebron wanted him in Cleveland. They didn't know that CAA planned to pair their clients all on one team. Nobody did cause they all knew going into FA on July 1st that they were going to Miami cause they were the only team that could pull it off.

The Majority follow the money ya cause the majority of the league are not star players. The star players care more about the market they are in cause it generally equals more money. That is why you see Carmelo Anthony's want to get out of Denver cause NY equals more money.

Its not all about the cap. OKC is on the rise cause of the fact they drafted well. When they make moves they are trades. Where they take advantage of the fact that they don't use much cap space on fa cause they are not the most attractive spots for FA's. That is what OKC does and what more small market teams need to do. They have some of the best management in the league.

When it comes to attracting Fa's the city play's a factor. It is not the end all but to say it doesn't help attract players it just foolish.

That new stadium is not going to be looking that good if people dont show up. Who is going to show up and watch? Look at the money the city of Cleveland lost after Lebron.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stat signed with the Knicks because no one else wanted to give him a max deal or close to it besides the knicks. Melo always wanted to be in NY isn't he from NY or something. If remember right he said he wanted play in NY before he even entered the NBA.
Old 12-06-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I wasn't talking about NY in particular. But since you mentioned it, Melo and Stat came on board the second we had enough cap space to sign them, and CP3 is dying to sign with the Knicks. That doesn't help your argument.

Nor does the fact that Dwight might as well get fitted for his Lakers jersey as we speak.

Or how DWill wants to stay with the Nets bc they're moving to Brooklyn.

Or how Miami got a big 3 bc they offer the same tax breaks coupled with Miami women running around town.

Duncan and Durant are the exceptions to the rule. LA and Boston damn near won half the league's championships. Chicago won 6. NY, for what it's worth, won 2.

Big cities get all the stars in the NBA. If they have the cap space, they'll get the stars. No star player is choosing Memphis over Chicago if both can offer max deals. That's just the reality of it.
CP3 is dying to join the Knicks because of Melo and Stat. Don't kid yourself that the reason is because it's NY. NY is just a bonus. Like I said before... gravy.

I agree with what you said where I bolded. All things being equal, yeah, I would agree that a big city would be a deciding factor, but it's the money and the ability to join stars that comes first.

As for Duncan and Durant being exceptions to the rule... Dwight is right in that company. He doesn't even have a tattoo. lol.