Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This made me laugh out loud. Good stuff.

Laugh it up!!!! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Stat signed with the Knicks because no one else wanted to give him a max deal or close to it besides the knicks. Melo always wanted to be in NY isn't he from NY or something. If remember right he said he wanted play in NY before he even entered the NBA.
Ya the Knicks offered him the most money. However if they didn't want Stat they could have given Bosh the same contract. They didn't cause they wanted to pair Lebron and Stoudemire together.

Melo was born in Brooklyn but lived in Baltimore for the majority of his life. He wanted the money from the contract extension and endorsements as much as he wanted the "homecoming".

Last edited by LTgiants : 12-06-2011 at 03:48 PM.
LTgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This made me laugh out loud. Good stuff.
Me too...i laughed a little too hard at that.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Meh. Tell me this...

So what if they don't get Howard? Do you think Deron will still stay?
...yes. It's not Howard or bust. Listen, I understand the skepticism and words are words, but since day 1, Deron's been making comments about how in a perfect world, they build around him. He's the face going to brooklyn and they win. He called Barclays a ballers paradise.

You think taking that one quote out of context is going to make everyone think differently and suddenly panic about D-Will? Or believe that he didn't mean his interviews the other day? come on now
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
...yes. It's not Howard or bust. Listen, I understand the skepticism and words are words, but since day 1, Deron's been making comments about how in a perfect world, they build around him. He's the face going to brooklyn and they win. He called Barclays a ballers paradise.

You think taking that one quote out of context is going to make everyone think differently and suddenly panic about D-Will? Or believe that he didn't mean his interviews the other day? come on now
Well way to man up. That's what I like to hear and you've even got a convincing arguement. What do you think the backup plan would be for that summer? Are there other FAs NJ would go after that will help to keep Deron in Brooklyn?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm going to be blunt. Nobody wants to play for Orlando. It sucks, but it's true.

So all these crazy trade scenarios everyone is cooking up, you can throw it out the window.

There's really only a good 5-7 teams in the league that are reasonable destinations for most star athletes that can sign anywhere they want.

Orlando, and any other nobodycaresiftheydisappear team aren't part of that group.

It sucks, but again, that's just how the NBA is.
What crazy trade scenarios? The only trades being discussed involve Howard's departure. K?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well way to man up. That's what I like to hear and you've even got a convincing arguement. What do you think the backup plan would be for that summer? Are there other FAs NJ would go after that will help to keep Deron in Brooklyn?
I'm not sure, but they're focused on now. I dont even know that class outside of DWill, Dwight and CP3, but Dwill wants to build with guys now like Butler, Prince, Nene, Chandler etc. They're working on improving the forward spots. I don't think Deron needs a super star to come play with him, he just wants to build the roster up. He makes everyone better. I think it's just obvious that he and everyone and their mother would love to play with Dwight
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is now way they'll get both...but I do think they have a better shot to land Dwight than NJ does.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:36 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
There is now way they'll get both...but I do think they have a better shot to land Dwight than NJ does.
I know they wont, but I do get that warm and fuzzy feeling when I look at that picture.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Woj: Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say.

So this trade works with all the Clippers having to do is sign Tyson Chandler
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6pgyamw

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-06-2011 at 04:54 PM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
From Woj: Paul has indicated Clippers and Warriors could raise chances of keeping him long-term if they sign center Tyson Chandler too, sources say.
This is the same bs with Carmelo. I remember all the if nets can get Rip Hamilton Melo will play there stories. Can the Clips and Warriors afford Tyson at the max contract he is asking for and CP3 with a extension?
Old 12-06-2011, 04:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hornets aren't trading Jarrett Jack, he's gonna start for them once Paul leaves. If the Clips can bring in Paul without losing Gordon or Blake, they'd be ridiculous. They could then sign either Jordan or Chandler and be really good.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

well the clips would deal what? Gordon and Kaman? They gotta keep Jordan to make Blake happen.

Still, CP3 and Blake is filth-nasty.
Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Magic Basketball Operations Director just stepped down. Aparently he called Dwight at 1AM while he was drunk. O...M...G....

This franchise is somethan else....
Old 12-06-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theyre saying in order for the Lakers to get Howard and Paul the Lakers would have to trade:

Bynum + Odom for Howard

3 team deal: Gasol to Golden State, David Lee and Monta Ellis to New Orleans, and Chris Paul to Lakers.

Btw, why aren't bulls rumored to make a run for Howard. Why not trade Joakim Noah, Carlos Boozer and Luol Deng for Dwight Howard and Hedo.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why would the Warriors trade Lee AND Ellis for Turkey-neck-Gasol?
Are they getting a bunch of 1st rd picks as well?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Why would the Warriors trade Lee AND Ellis for Turkey-neck-Gasol?
Are they getting a bunch of 1st rd picks as well?
That'd be the only way it would work...I think?

Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-nba-christmas
Old 12-06-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.csnne.com/basketball-bost...65059 734-932

Quote:
For starters, Davis is an unrestricted free agent and can sign with any team he wants to. One of Boston's biggest challengers for Davis will be Detroit, a team that has coveted Davis for a number of years.

And the Pistons may be willing to offer Davis the full mid-level exception which is worth $5 million in the yet-to-be-ratified new Collective Bargaining Agreement. The Celtics have Davis' Bird Rights which would allow them to exceed the salary cap to re-sign him.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please sign Glen Davis, Detroit. I can't watch him get his shots blocked and not rebound anymore.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Glen Davis is the biggest piece of ****.

Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still upset at how hard the Celtics are going after Chris Paul. Between Paul's knee and his unwillingness to sign with the Celtics after this year, it's a terrible investment. Second, is he better enough than Rondo to give up extra pieces? Would a healthy Paul really make the difference for Boston this year considering how high their salary would be with him?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what signing Glen Davis would accomplish, aside from just flat out wasting money. I don't hate Big Baby, he just has no spot on this team.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Would a healthy Paul really make the difference for Boston this year considering how high their salary would be with him?
Yes...

....CP3 can actually score, and is as good/or better as a passer

Quote: