Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm still upset at how hard the Celtics are going after Chris Paul. Between Paul's knee and his unwillingness to sign with the Celtics after this year, it's a terrible investment. Second, is he better enough than Rondo to give up extra pieces? Would a healthy Paul really make the difference for Boston this year considering how high their salary would be with him?
Yes he is better than Rondo. Rondo's OK but not great.

And, Detroit...it would so funny if you signed Glen Davis. Guy's a ***** imo.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glen Davis, possible Piston?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Yes he is better than Rondo. Rondo's OK but not great.

And, Detroit...it would so funny if you signed Glen Davis. Guy's a ***** imo.
I know he's better than Rondo. I'm not arguing that. But is he so much better that he's worth the asking price? Especially if he's a one year rental with a bum knee?
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I know he's better than Rondo. I'm not arguing that. But is he so much better that he's worth the asking price? Especially if he's a one year rental with a bum knee?
If the C's think they can win one more ring? I would do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say so. Paul could really carry the other 3 keys whilst Rondo can't. Albeit this all depends on Paul's health.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone needs to start a NBA forum mock! There are some very solid prospects in this upcoming draft and some interesting trades will be made. I'm down to be Sacramento...

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:16 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't mean to complain about too much basketball, but the schedule looks more like a baseball schedule and is totally ******* ridiculous.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hornets have narrowed down their list of possible trade partners for Chris Paul to the Clippers, Warriors and Celtics, according to sources.

The Lakers, Mavericks and Rockets are also pushing for a trade, but are on the second tier.

According to sources, Golden State is offering Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh. The team would also amnesty Andris Biedrins in order to create cap space to reunite Paul with Tyson Chandler.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...xz z1foQExUrb
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's getting better... We'll know by Friday...

The Hornets are collecting bids for Chris Paul from several teams and are expected to make a decision by Friday, according to sources.

Offers coming from the Warriors and Clippers are believed to be the most enticing to New Orleans' GM Dell Demps.

The Clippers would have to include restricted free agent DeAndre Jordan, Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Bledsoe and the 2012 first round pick from the Wolves to acquire Paul.

Paul would reportedly prefer the Clippers over the Warriors because of the chance of being paired with Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon.

Golden State is offering Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson and Ekpe Udoh to the Hornets

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1foRnbm3E
Old 12-06-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh.. of course the Magic aren't making an offer.

Why do I have to support teams that have inept management. I'm like a curse on management.

Heck if you go over the teams I support in each conference in the NCAA I'm like a program wrecker.

Michigan - Destroyed
Miami - Ultimate Destruction
Texas - Fell to pieces
USC - Destruction
Tennessee - Destruction

That is a damn impressive track record there! Though Oregon and Okie St are sort of surrogate teams who are trending upwards... so expect them to fall to pieces real soon as well!

I am sports team kryptonite!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Anybody interested in being a part of an NBA Sim League that is already in existence?
Old 12-06-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Maddox the Si basketball guy said that Chris Paul is not getting traded to the Lakers or Knicks, because the NBA owns the hornets right now, and they would look bad giving the Lakers or the Knicks a franchise player.

Oh and I forgot to mention that he said that the Magic want Bynum and Gasol any maybe Odom plus the Lakers take Turkey Jordan. The Hornets want young,cheap and talented guys.

Last edited by Complex : 12-06-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Anybody interested in being a part of an NBA Sim League that is already in existence?
I dont really know what is, but id be willing to try it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Meh.. of course the Magic aren't making an offer.

Why do I have to support teams that have inept management. I'm like a curse on management.

Heck if you go over the teams I support in each conference in the NCAA I'm like a program wrecker.

Michigan - Destroyed
Miami - Ultimate Destruction
Texas - Fell to pieces
USC - Destruction
Tennessee - Destruction

That is a damn impressive track record there! Though Oregon and Okie St are sort of surrogate teams who are trending upwards... so expect them to fall to pieces real soon as well!

I am sports team kryptonite!
The Magic have absolutely nothing of value to offer for Chris Paul.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Magic Basketball Operations Director just stepped down. Aparently he called Dwight at 1AM while he was drunk. O...M...G....

This franchise is somethan else....

This is awesome. I really hope the conversation went the way it sounds in my head.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

stevekylerNBA Steve Kyler
Jason Richardson still talking, Golden State would do a sign & trade with Orlando... not sure if Monta Ellis would get swapped in deal. via twitter 3 mins ago

Steve Kyler is the Editor and Publisher of HOOPSWORLD covering the NBA and basketball. http://www.hoopsworld.com.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This is awesome. I really hope the conversation went the way it sounds in my head.
I imagine him crying and begging Howard to resign with MAGIC.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Magic have absolutely nothing of value to offer for Chris Paul.
Buyers market!

Having nothing isn't a reason to not try your hardest. See the Lakers and getting Gasol or many other trades. Hell the Wizards managed to dump Gilbert Arenas on us, if that can happen, anything can happen!

#irrationalfaith

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Rumours are that he cheated on his wife(who is the owners daughter) and that is why he is stepping down rather than the drunk dial.

Still, the drunk dial is awesome and pretty much sums up the Magic as a franchise.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Buyers market!

Having nothing isn't a reason to not try your hardest. See the Lakers and getting Gasol or many other trades. Hell the Wizards managed to dump Gilbert Arenas on us, if that can happen, anything can happen!

#irrationalfaith
Chris Wallace is the exception to the rule. (although in hindsight that trade isn't quite as bad as we originally thought.)
Old 12-06-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the only place of those 3 that Chris Paul may sign an extension in is LA. Maybeee Boston, but I think that is a stretch. Maybe I'm wrong though, who knows?
Old 12-06-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Chris Wallace is the exception to the rule. (although in hindsight that trade isn't quite as bad as we originally thought.)
It isn't bad at all, considering how good Marc Gasol is now.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Marc is going to get fat so quickly after signing his contract.
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From Rich Bucher: Also: sources say Eric Gordon has not and will not be offered to NO for CP3. Minds change, as we know, but that's LAC's position right now.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

At that time was there really any reason the believe he would get this good though? Seems like a blind squirrel finding a nut to me.