Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2011, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ya there was a report by SI.com that mentioned that if we can have a wink wink deal with Paul where he opts out and resigns for the full max so he can get NY and the money.

The problem is getting an attractive enough offer for at least 16 owners to justify approving a deal to NY.
Pretty sure if he opts out, then he gives up his bird rights and then you can't afford to resign him.

But I did read this.... If NY signs Chandler they will look to trade Amare. HAHAHAHAAHA.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...ios_F or_Paul
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Pretty sure if he opts out, then he gives up his bird rights and then you can't afford to resign him.

But I did read this.... If NY signs Chandler they will look to trade Amare. HAHAHAHAAHA.

Can someone please build a team instead of playing fantasy basketball every year?

I thought the whole point was to have Paul, Carmelo, and Amare together?

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ya I saw that I dont want to trade Amare and end up with Tyson Chandler

This is the SI.com article I was talking about where Paul can get NY and the money

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011...s-paul-to-n-y/
Old 12-08-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Aldridge: http://SI.com reports Lakers, Rockets, Hornets engaged in CP3 talks. That is indeed the case. Gasol would go to HOU. Twitter

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
You mention Jonny Flynn and Terrance Williams of all people, but not Lowry, Scola, Patterson, Morris, or Dragic?

Also, the report is that LA would keep Bynum in the deal. So I suppose it would be Gasol instead.
Pau playing C w/ Scola at PF for the Rockets? Maybe something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ufhynk

I'm just not excited about any of the trade scenario in a 3 way trade w/ HOU/LAL

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Pau playing C w/ Scola at PF for the Rockets? Maybe something like this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6ufhynk

I'm just not excited about any of the trade scenario in a 3 way trade w/ HOU/LAL
I imagine NO would get several draft picks as well

Old 12-08-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
David Aldridge: http://SI.com reports Lakers, Rockets, Hornets engaged in CP3 talks. That is indeed the case. Gasol would go to HOU. Twitter
I don't believe this one will happen. Houston can't be that stupid. Helping LA get Paul would be shooting themselves in the foot.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Marc J. Spears: Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y! 4 minutes ago

Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather just keep Scola and Martin..

Old 12-08-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't believe this one will happen. Houston can't be that stupid. Helping LA get Paul would be shooting themselves in the foot.
Houston has the players to stop guard reliant teams. They have nothing to stop teams like LA who have a lot of size. This would take away some of their size and put it on Houston. As long as Lowry stays put, theyd be fine against Paul. Not that he can stop him, but hes better equipped than most PGs in the league to do so.

Id take a huge upgrade in Houston any day, regardless of what it does to other teams. Besides, unless LA can swing Bynum for Dwight and a horrible contract afterward, I dont really think that just swapping out Paul for Gasol makes LA that much better.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I'd rather just keep Scola and Martin..
I would not. Mind you, I wont be disappointed when this inevitably falls though, because those two are fun to watch. Gasol is just simply better.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marc J. Spears: Names talked about in CP3 3-way are: CP to Lakers, Gasol to HOU & Kevin Martin & Luis Scola and possible picks to Hornets, source tells Y! 4 minutes ago
Looks like Houston would send Scola, Kevin Martin, Budinger, Patterson, & two 1st rounders to NOLA

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-08-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Gasol a lot, but he benefits more than you realize by playing in the triangle. I don't really think a team like Houston would benefit all that much by having him instead of Scola/Martin, especially since that would leave Houston with an ugly backcourt outside of Lowry.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I like Gasol a lot, but he benefits more than you realize by playing in the triangle. I don't really think a team like Houston would benefit all that much by having him instead of Scola/Martin, especially since that would leave Houston with an ugly backcourt outside of Lowry.
Kyle Lowry, Courtney Lee, Terrance Williams, Goran Dragic

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-08-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Looks like Houston would send Scola, Kevin Martin, Budinger, Patterson, & two 1st rounders to NOLA
Bleh. More than id prefer to give.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kyle Lowry, Courtney Lee, Terrance Williams, Goran Dragic
Which is my point in how ugly it would be...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-08-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Who would score for Houston if they traded all that? Gasol rules but I don't think he's worth giving up your whole team for. It's not like he's a 26 year old Franchise talent.

I know Scola doesn't rebound or block.. but they'd be better off picking up Samuel Dalembert to play Center rather than blowing up the whole team like that.

Last edited by WMD : 12-08-2011 at 02:19 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

$58 million over 4 seasons for Tyson Chandler? Jesus Christ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-08-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Per Chris Mannix of SI: Chauncey Billups "irate" that Knicks could amnesty him, per. Imagine how STAT will feel if NYK pushes him in a Paul deal.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-08-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

In Hornets free agency: phase one - they have signed former Pistons forward DaJuan SUmmers to a make-good contract.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-08-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
$58 million over 4 seasons for Tyson Chandler? Jesus Christ.
He would certainly be overpaid if that were the contract, but it is honestly less than I expected he would sign for.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
In Hornets free agency: phase one - they have signed former Pistons forward DaJuan SUmmers to a make-good contract.
"DaJuan Summers" and "good" should not be in the same sentence.

Though it wouldn't surprise me if he played semi-well on another team.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

So if that trade happens, NO becomes the 09 Rockets, complete with Trevor Ariza and all, while Houston becomes the 03 Grizzlies, but with an older Pau.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Caron Butler is close to signing with the LA Clippers, source said. three-years, $24 million.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-08-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Ken Berger: Sources confirm the players who'd go to NOR in Lakers-Houston-Hornets 3-way that would land CP3 with LAL are Luis Scola and Kevin Martin.

Hopefully no Budinger, I love that dude.