Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billups is either playing for the Clippers, or retiring. And seeing as how i too would rather play with the Clips and make 14M, he's playing in LA. Why the hell would the Clippers claim his rights, JUST to pay him? C'mon.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Clippers wanted to sign a young shooting guard to replace Eric Gordon they could always try and sign Nick Young (haven't seen him sign anywhere yet)

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's rumors that Sacramento might amnesty Franky Garcia. He'd be great off the bench for the Clips at a little under the MLE.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
There's rumors that Sacramento might amnesty Franky Garcia. He'd be great off the bench for the Clips at a little under the MLE.
Amnesty Franky Garcia, keep John Salmons. Somehow this makes sense...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Couldn't agree more.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-14-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Amnesty Franky Garcia, keep John Salmons. Somehow this makes sense...
I had forgotten about that turd just enough already until you had to bring it back up. Speaking of which, WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T WE AMNESTIED JOHN SALMONS YET?! If we waste it on Garcia, one of my favorite players, i'm gonna be pissed. We owe $30M to him over the next four years. Franky only has two guaranteed years left. Agghhhhhh
Old 12-14-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

The Bulls have announced the signing of Rip Hamilton. 3 year deal, 2 years guaranteed

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-14-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Substantially better. They got a better, younger, cheaper version of Kevin Martin, and Minnesota's unprotected #1 pick. That alone is way better than Martin/Scola/Odom, plus they got Kaman's 12M expiring contract and Al-Farouq Aminu, who has a ton of upside.

As of right now, i don't like it for the Clips. It's just too dependent on Paul staying healthy and i don't think he will.
I dont think Eric Gordon is better than Kevin Martin. Younger and cheaper, yes, but not better.

Not that I think Martin is great, I just think Gordon's ability doesnt really match up with how good people seem to think he is. Solid player, but not worthy of being a main piece to a trade for a superstar, imo. The Minny pick is far and away the best thing in either trade though, and by itself makes the deal better than the Houston/LA one.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They will amnesty him if Jamal Crawford accepts the Kings offer. Why the Kings are bidding on Jamal Crawford on the other hand is the more confusing.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I dont think Eric Gordon is better than Kevin Martin. Younger and cheaper, yes, but not better.

Not that I think Martin is great, I just think Gordon's ability doesnt really match up with how good people seem to think he is. Solid player, but not worthy of being a main piece to a trade for a superstar, imo. The Minny pick is far and away the best thing in either trade though, and by itself makes the deal better than the Houston/LA one.
I disagree. Kevin Martin is a great scorer but a revolving door on defense, and i love K-Mart. How can you say that an unprotected lottery pick is better than one of the top three shooting guards in the league that's only 22 years old? Very curious to hear how you think his ability isn't as well as it is perceived.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
They will amnesty him if Jamal Crawford accepts the Kings offer. Why the Kings are bidding on Jamal Crawford on the other hand is the more confusing.
I have no idea what the Kings think when they make moves sometimes. We already have Jimmer, Tyreke and we just gave a big deal to Thornton. Why are they offering money to ******* Jamaal Crawford? For what?! smh
Old 12-14-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

going after AK-47 and Humphries. offering 1 year deals to hope dwight hits FA and comes here or deal them for cap relief to Orlando in a midseason deal. Also, a team with those 2 could compete for a low playoff seed to try and keep D-Will happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I disagree. Kevin Martin is a great scorer but a revolving door on defense, and i love K-Mart. How can you say that an unprotected lottery pick is better than one of the top three shooting guards in the league that's only 22 years old? Very curious to hear how you think his ability isn't as well as it is perceived.
He's a good player, I just dont think he's great. 22-4-3 in 38 mins with average percentages and good defense is nice, something id take on my team, but not something that makes me think of him as a top 3 SG. He definitely has the potential to be one, but I dont know, he just doesnt excite me for some reason. It's pretty irrational I admit, and pairing him with a top lottery pick, Aminu, and Kaman's contract makes it a great deal for NOLA, I just dont think theres much of a gap at all between Gordon and Martin as far as talent goes. At least not right now.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Amnesty John Salmons and give the money we're stupidly considering giving Jamaal Crawford to AK47. Do ittttt
Old 12-14-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a good player, I just dont think he's great. 22-4-3 in 38 mins with average percentages and good defense is nice, something id take on my team, but not something that makes me think of him as a top 3 SG. He definitely has the potential to be one, but I dont know, he just doesnt excite me for some reason. It's pretty irrational I admit, and pairing him with a top lottery pick, Aminu, and Kaman's contract makes it a great deal for NOLA, I just dont think theres much of a gap at all between Gordon and Martin as far as talent goes. At least not right now.
He had 24/3/4.5 before his injury, on above average percentages (for a shooting guard) and decent defense. That's extremely valuable, considering he's just now turning 23 and is on a rookie contract still.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think the Timberwolves pick is as valuable as people say it is. I certainly don't think the Wolves are going to have top 3 lottery odds. Gordon is definitely the most valuable asset in that deal.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Yes yes, Im wrong and am an idiot. Carry on.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Baron Davis' agent Todd Ramasar tells Y! Sports his client has a serious herniated disk injury and will be out 8-10 weeks minimum.
Sad for many reasons.

1 - sucks for him.
2 - likely the end of a great career.
3 - if healthy, would have probably been a Knick.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes yes, Im wrong and am an idiot. Carry on.
I agree with you, I just don't think we'll be that bad this year. I think it will be more along the lines of 6-8 rather than 1-3 like some people are saying. But we are talking about the Wolves here, the unluckiest team in the history of the NBA Draft Lottery. We'll probably win the #1 pick.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont even want Bynum...the only benefit is his upside. His potential is superior to that of Lopez's,
Where the **** is Bantx at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hi I'm right here. Do you not see what Moth wrote? He doesn't want Bynum lol they only want him because they'd rather not lose out on dwight for free not because he's good. Get over yourself and Bynum.

And last time I checked Dwight is off the trading block so Bynum and his potential was no interest to them.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 11:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Hi I'm right here. Do you not see what Moth wrote? He doesn't want Bynum lol they only want him because they'd rather not lose out on dwight for free not because he's good. Get over yourself and Bynum.

And last time I checked Dwight is off the trading block so Bynum and his potential was no interest to them.
He will be traded before the break...dont kid yourself, dork.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dork? okay...lol

Old 12-14-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He will be traded before the break...dont kid yourself, dork.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

If Dwight wants to be traded and want a max contract neither the nets or the lakers can offer that only teams that can is the Magics and Mavs with the moves we've made. But we have nothing to offer so we will wait till the summer.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
If Dwight wants to be traded and want a max contract neither the nets or the lakers can offer that only teams that can is the Magics and Mavs with the moves we've made. But we have nothing to offer so we will wait till the summer.
Well, if the rumors of the Magic wanting Bynum + Pau are true and that were to happen, we would have room.

Quote: