Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I can't tell if you're being serious, but a contraction wouldn't just mean all those players get merged onto one team. There would be a reallocation draft and they'd get split up around the league.
I know. I was just show how combing those four teams together probably wouldn't get a #1 seed in either conference

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:33 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the Sporting News All-Time NBA team: http://aol.sportingnews.com/125/spor.../magic-johnson

For those not into the whole link-clicking thing, here's what it is:

PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Bob Petitt
C: Bill Russell

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-19-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob Petitt......

Tim Duncan is the best PF of all time.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob Pettit? Seriously?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never heard of Bob Petitt.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that's the most surprising name on that list.

I'm not sure I would put Russell over Kareem or Wilt, but that one is close.

The other 3 are no brainer imo.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Yeah, that's the most surprising name on that list.

I'm not sure I would put Russell over Kareem or Wilt, but that one is close.

The other 3 are no brainer imo.
Russell absolutely should be in over Wilt. I will give you the Kareem argument, though.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilt Chamberlain was the Lebron of his day. Huge stats and came up small when it mattered. Also he was ridiculously self absorbed and selfish.

Russell all day every day.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know. Russell was AWESOME defensively, no doubt. But 15 ppg?

Shouldn't the best Center of all time be a bit more offensively gifted then that?
Old 12-19-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Russell was only really needed to be there for his defense, rebounds, and blocks. 15ppg were lagniappe for those Celtics teams. He was a beast in his day.

And as an LSU fan I respect the Petitt pick, he has his number retired at LSU, but I'd take Duncan, Karl Malone, Kevin Garnett, or even Dirk ahead of him.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-19-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd take Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, and probably Wilt over Russell. Too many people listen to Bill Simmons (*cough* YO *cough*) when it comes to the Russell > Wilt crap.

Pettit is a terrible pick all around. Duncan, Dirk, KG, Malone, Barkley, Elvin Hayes, and probably Kevin McHale are better picks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd take Kareem, Hakeem, Shaq, and probably Wilt over Russell. Too many people listen to Bill Simmons (*cough* YO *cough*) when it comes to the Russell > Wilt crap.
I could give a damn what Bill Simmons thinks. Basketball is just one of the sports where you can differentiate between individual players based on how their teams do, and Russell destroyed Wilt in that department throughout their careers. And the talent discrepancy between their teams wasn't as big as people think.

To be honest though we weren't born until 20 years after they retired so our opinions are pretty flawed.

Last edited by yo123 : 12-19-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

^^^^^ This

My dad watched all the greats play and still thinks that Russell is the best center of all time.

And Petitt pretty much defined the power forward position when he was playing. Everyone I've ever talked to about him always says how dominant he was during his time.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe Bill Simmons' opinion matters. Of course he thinks Russell is better than Wilt, think who Russell played for.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So no one here thinks this is legit? I'm asking sincerely because I don't live in LA.

Quote:
Los Angeles radio host John Ireland said on the air Monday that a reliable source of his says the Nets will execute a trade for Dwight Howard on Tuesday.
Ireland points out that his source correctly reported the LeBron James and Chris Bosh to Miami deal last year, and for what it's worth Ireland is well-connected within the Lakers scene and thus is within arm's distance of the trade action. This could mean that Brook Lopez is heading out, but then again we'll need to see where all of this goes.
Source: Lakers Nation
Dec 19 - 8:30 PM

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure i'm interested in knowing what a Lakers source claims he knows about the Nets organization, lol.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also he didnt break the Miami story so idk why he is taking credit for it now.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know, I think brook's gonna have a damn good year this season.

and I was coming to post this before I even read that rumor. Obviously not worth Dwight, but he's going to turn some heads this year I believe
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bropez and five 1sts isn't good enough for Dwight.

I wonder what they can put together.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we deal Marshon, Morrow or James I'm gonna be pissed.

Since those are literally the only wing players we have.

this team is depressing how bad it is outside of DWill, Bropez and Morrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
if we deal Marshon, Morrow or James I'm gonna be pissed.

Since those are literally the only wing players we have.

this team is depressing how bad it is outside of DWill, Bropez and Morrow
Just trade everything but Deron for Dwight and don't worry about it. It still probably won't be enough, but Nets should fold and give whatever the Magic want.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way do I agree with the all-time team. However, there are two ways of choosing a team like this.

1) Lifetime Respect Team

PF: Karl Malone
C: Kareem

2: The team that I would actually assemble to beat ass(heavily 80s/90s influenced)
PG: Magic
SG: Jordan
SF: Bird- I really want to remove him, but he's too good of a shooter
PF: Duncan
C: Olajuwon

Bench: Pippen, Stockton, Rodman, Malone, Shaq, Kobe

I would love to get Oscar Robertson in there but I just haven't watch enough ESPN Classic.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
No way do I agree with the all-time team. However, there are two ways of choosing a team like this.

1) Lifetime Respect Team

PF: Karl Malone
C: Kareem

2: The team that I would actually assemble to beat ass(heavily 80s/90s influenced)
PG: Magic
SG: Jordan
SF: Bird- I really want to remove him, but he's too good of a shooter
PF: Duncan
C: Olajuwon

Bench: Pippen, Stockton, Rodman, Malone, Shaq, Kobe

I would love to get Oscar Robertson in there but I just haven't watch enough ESPN Classic.
Duncan belongs on both teams.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Russell was only really needed to be there for his defense, rebounds, and blocks. 15ppg were lagniappe for those Celtics teams. He was a beast in his day.
I'm sorry but you just made a case against Russell with this statement.

The best Center of all time has to be more then just a great defender, even if he was awesome at it.

Yes, the ring argument is a strong one, but you said it yourself, those Celtics teams were loaded.

Would they win all those rings with Russell as the main offensive focal point. Not with a career .440 FG%, which is actually mediocre for a guard let alone a Center.

Don't get me wrong, Bill was one of the best to play the game despite those stats, but I do not think he was the best.

Last edited by MaxV : 12-19-2011 at 11:02 PM.