Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Grizz don't need a Tyreke Evans type to **** up their chemistry. Mayo/Henry/Tony Allen is a perfectly fine trio of shooting guards.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Grizz still have O.J. Mayo. I don't think they need a SG badly
They've tried their damndest to make OJ Mayo that guy, and he just isn't. He's more of a 6th man. He's better suited as a 4th or 5th scoring option on a playoff team, Tyreke could step right in and make the trio of ZBO/Gasol/Evans pretty darn good, and they don't need Rudy.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Rudy Cool's return the Grizz have arguably a better team that last year's. All they need is a quality backup SF and PF

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:19 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He still has a huge deal that the Griz don't really wanna pay for.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They've tried their damndest to make OJ Mayo that guy, and he just isn't. He's more of a 6th man. He's better suited as a 4th or 5th scoring option on a playoff team, Tyreke could step right in and make the trio of ZBO/Gasol/Evans pretty darn good, and they don't need Rudy.
Tony Allen gives them an elite perimeter defender to go with their elite PF/C combo and great perimeter scorer in Rudy ***. They have absolutely no need for Tyreke right now. If Memphis hadn't just lost Darrell Arthur for the year, I'd consider them a top tier team in the West.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-21-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Tony Allen gives them an elite perimeter defender to go with their elite PF/C combo and great perimeter scorer in Rudy ***. They have absolutely no need for Tyreke right now. If Memphis hadn't just lost Darrell Arthur for the year, I'd consider them a top tier team in the West.
Well, no, Darrell Arthur isn't the difference in being a top tier team, you're nuts. While i don't disagree that they really don't have a need to move ***, they tried already before to trade him, i don't see what would stop them from trying to move him again. They've shown they can be successful without his scoring (Allen does more than enough on defense to have them not really miss ***), and i'm not sure how much of the ~$70M he's owed they wanna pay.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Also, can someone tell me if the rookies are on nba 2k12 already, damnit?!
Ya they are and Iman Shumpert is a beast.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, no, Darrell Arthur isn't the difference in being a top tier team, you're nuts. While i don't disagree that they really don't have a need to move ***, they tried already before to trade him, i don't see what would stop them from trying to move him again. They've shown they can be successful without his scoring (Allen does more than enough on defense to have them not really miss ***), and i'm not sure how much of the ~$70M he's owed they wanna pay.
They could try and trade Cool or Mayo again but I don't see why they need Tyreke. If they trade Cool they already have Mayo and Allen at the SG position with no need to bring in another one. Allen can play SF in a pinch but he's very undersized for the position. They were able to get away with having Cool injured last season because they had Battier filling in.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Arthur gave them a damn good backup at both big man positions, and now they're hurting behind Gasol/Z-Bo. Again, my point is ***/Allen right now provides them with more than Tyreke/Allen because Tyreke is still a selfish bastard that hasn't quite figured things out yet.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-21-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
http://www.foxsportsflorida.com/12/2...06&feedID=3565

Great signing for the Kings. Short deal that gives us size and defense at PF/C to go with the scoring of Cousins, Hickson and Thompson. Fredette is looking like a possible future starter already and if we make the playoffs I wouldn't be surprised to see Marcus Thornton as a possible All Star at SG. I think he on his way to average around 24 ppg this season to go along with Tyreke's 20 Cousins 17 ppg. The Kings will need another player to average in the 14 ppg range, players like Hickson/Fredette/Salmons have the ability to do that IMO. Look out for the Kings this year...
Not so fast

Quote:
ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
Just going up on ESPN.com: Rockets and Samuel Dalembert reach terms on two-year contract. Link on way momentarily
Decent signing for my Rockets. No question we need some defense and size, but I worry if we gave him too much $$$$. We shall see....

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, DA was pretty awesome last year, and with a short season and fatties starting, depth is important. that's gonna be a pretty big blow for them. They need some big man depth
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friends and I are trying to do a fantasy basketball draft on espn. Message me if you are interested!

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm glad the Rockets did us the favor of taking Dalembert. He's kinda like Okafor in that, he's solid when he's on your team, but he's definitely not someone you'd wanna be fighting for. And he's 31.. btw, can we just ******* amnesty John Salmons already?
Old 12-21-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm glad the Rockets did us the favor of taking Dalembert. He's kinda like Okafor in that, he's solid when he's on your team, but he's definitely not someone you'd wanna be fighting for. And he's 31.. btw, can we just ******* amnesty John Salmons already?
I've asked this question about Metta every single day.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
I've asked this question about Metta every single day.
Cause then it means Luke Walton will start at SF. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cause then it means Luke Walton will start at SF. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
I'm not sure there's a huge difference between the two anymore.

On Monday, Metta went 0-8, isn't in shape, can't get off the ground, can't defend, can't pass. He is a bigger Luke Walton.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

The Lakers are so ******.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless we get D12 we really are ******.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Hurt Kobe, no PG and no SF. Then you have No Knee Bynum and Pau the vag. Things are definitely not looking good. Especially with Lob City lurking.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

Quote:
The Lakers are so ******.
Their 4th best player is Josh McRoberts. And they have a lot of bad contracts, their best trade asset right now is arguably a trade exception (rest of the league is down on Bynum and Pau is older with a fat contract). Their best hope is to have Bynum or Pau absolutely beast it early in the season and really improve their trade value.

The regular season is absolutely hosed for them, and I dunno if they'll be much better than .500. They don't have legs. Their best hope, really, is to try to get a 6-8 seed and hope they can catch a hotstreak in the playoffs (like the 99 Knicks, who made it a an 8 seed without Ewing).

The league was dogshit in 99 and is really good right now, though, so...****.

Last edited by DraftSavant : 12-21-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Josh McRoberts is a winner.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-21-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

He has good character and a high motor. Good basketball IQ. Team player.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He has good character and a high motor. Good basketball IQ. Team player.
so...he's white
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
so...he's white
He's scrappy and plays the right way, too.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Love looks so different this year, it looks like he's lost at least 20-25 pounds.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote