Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cool, after Bropez bitched Tyson and Amar'e on the boards last night, he's out almost 2 months. fantastic
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
(1)Haha i have faith in the Heat. Their D was probably the best in the league last year and having yet another shut down defender who can hit 3's and is a decent enough scorer will help a lot. (2)Also if Curry can prove to be at least a decent big man than i dont see many teams able to stop them.
1. You misspelled Bulls.

Seriously though, Miami has a bunch of good individual defenders and a lot more athleticism, but Chicago's overall defense was ridiculous. They held Miami's offense in the playoffs, when they were playing much better together, to over 10 pts. less per game than their season average.

2. Sorry, just had to comment that I had a really good, long laugh at this sentence. Thanks for this.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
cool, after Bropez bitched Tyson and Amar'e on the boards last night, he's out almost 2 months. fantastic
I mean, didn't Tyson have 12 boards? 6 Offensive rebounds too. I don't know if I'd call that being "bitched."
Old 12-22-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, didn't Tyson have 12 boards? 6 Offensive rebounds too. I don't know if I'd call that being "bitched."
When you let Bropez get 9 rebounds, I think that counts as being "bitched."

Also, Bropez had just as many rebounds as 6'7 Damion James, and 3 less defensive boards. Good work, Bropez.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-22-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's only cause Damion James is a god amongst men.
Old 12-22-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
When you let Bropez get 9 rebounds, I think that counts as being "bitched."

Also, Bropez had just as many rebounds as 6'7 Damion James, and 3 less defensive boards. Good work, Bropez.
I think a lot of people are misguided by Brook's low rebound numbers. They think it's related to skill/hustle/effort, when in reality, the reason they are low because he was asked to get down court to beat opposing Centers and let Humphries grab the boards.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think a lot of people are misguided by Brook's low rebound numbers. They think it's related to skill/hustle/effort, when in reality, the reason they are low because he was asked to get down court to beat opposing Centers and let Humphries grab the boards.
This very well may be true, but of the times I've seen him play, he looks very soft when going up compared to the big men he's facing. He just doesn't give off the vibe that he wants to rebound or do the dirty work to get some rebounds.

And it's not like he necessarily has to. It's just funny when his stat line has like 2 rebounds for a 7 footer.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-22-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact that he's a giant *****.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I think it has more to do with the fact that he's a giant *****.
DUnit is just trying to make him sound better in case he gets traded to the Magic.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fellow NBA fans, should I get NBA 2K12?
Old 12-22-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Fellow NBA fans, should I get NBA 2K12?
I probably will once it's on sale for cheap (or used at Gamestop).

I still love 2k11, and have a lot of those "classic" teams from a roster on 2kShare.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, that getting down the floor stuff is fluff. As a player, rebounding is about 95% instinct and anticipation, the rest is physical skill. As a 7 footer that plays primarily in the post, if you aren't completely terrible, you'll at the very least be able to grab 8ish rebounds per game. Brook Lopez is just a ***** with no rebounding skills.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at KLove...dude is undersized for a PF but the mofo can rebound like nobody's business.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:31 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean he had what? 6 boards in the 1st quarter where he got the most of his playing time. He had his way with the knicks on the offensive glass in the first quarter.

but all of this is meaningless because Petro is going to start at center for us and it's going to be miserable until we trade for dwight howard.

and people also just look at last year and don't realize that the 2 years before that bropez average over 8 boards a game, but one year defines a player. Whatevs.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I mean he had what? 6 boards in the 1st quarter where he got the most of his playing time. He had his way with the knicks on the offensive glass in the first quarter.

but all of this is meaningless because Petro is going to start at center for us and it's going to be miserable until we trade for dwight howard.

and people also just look at last year and don't realize that the 2 years before that bropez average over 8 boards a game, but one year defines a player. Whatevs.
We're getting D12 so yo SOL lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think New Jersey had enough to get Dwight even with a healthy Bropez. I have no idea how they could get him after Bropez has missed most of the season. Lakers should get him now, and I don't think they have any competition.

New Jersey should just give up, start over, and trade Deron. He's gonna leave for Dallas.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I didn't think New Jersey had enough to get Dwight even with a healthy Bropez. I have no idea how they could get him after Bropez has missed most of the season. Lakers should get him now, and I don't think they have any competition.

New Jersey should just give up, start over, and trade Deron. He's gonna leave for Dallas.
shut. the. ****. up.

although, you're probably right and are a stupid tomato hooker
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

They were going to offer every first round pick, ever, in the history of basketball.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Kevin Love a good defender?

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
No, not really. Not sure anyone on the Wolves team even knows what that word means.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 12-22-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
No, not really. Not sure anyone on the Wolves team even knows what that word means.
Playing defense is so 2002.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, no he is not.
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Noooooooooooope.

Old 12-22-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per Sam Amick of SI: Kings players & coaches talking as if Chuck Hayes will return. If he has made that choice, likely on a four-year deal worth approx $22 mil

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I present to you, The Minnesota Revolvingdoors

PG: Ricky Rubio
SG: JJ Barea
SF: Michael Beasley
PF: Derrick Williams
C: Kevin Love