Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Kobe just got suspended again for flailing his arms. The league office is going too far.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
I'd take Tyson Chandler over Eddy Curry any day of the week. Look at his February:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tyson_...ame_stats.html
Tyson is a very good complementary player. Curry is a go to guy.

Chicago is soooo dumb. They wanted their kids to play like men and they obviously weren't. Now that they are men, they are turning into exactly what they wanted as they fill out their potential.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Tyrus is ready in 3-4 years they will probably trade him for KG.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
raps have a big game against the griz this year
Yea, exactly

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post
Kobe just got suspended again for flailing his arms. The league office is going too far.

well if they suspended him the first time they pretty much had to this time. Not saying i agree with it...
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Moving Tyson was the right move. Signing Big Ben wasn't. However, their worst move was getting rid of Eddy Curry. He's turning into a monster.
You mean getting rid of the guy who wouldn't consent to heart tests, who was a lazy bum in Chicago, and repeatedly had run-ins with the coach right? I think you are sorely mistaken.

Eddy Curry needed to be traded, just like Tyson because they did not fit into our style of play. Eddy especially. He didn't hustle, he didn't play defense, and he was inconsistent. And we got 2 first round picks for him. I'd say we got the better side of that deal. Tyrus Thomas + another lottery player > Eddy Curry.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
You mean getting rid of the guy who wouldn't consent to heart tests, who was a lazy bum in Chicago, and repeatedly had run-ins with the coach right? I think you are sorely mistaken.

Eddy Curry needed to be traded, just like Tyson because they did not fit into our style of play. Eddy especially. He didn't hustle, he didn't play defense, and he was inconsistent. And we got 2 first round picks for him. I'd say we got the better side of that deal. Tyrus Thomas + another lottery player > Eddy Curry.

I wouldnt say hes turning in to a monster either. Hes a TERRIBLE rebounder and doesnt play very good defense
Old 03-07-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I wouldnt say hes turning in to a monster either. Hes a TERRIBLE rebounder and doesnt play very good defense
7 rebounds a game isn't terrible to me

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post

if your his size yes it is.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
It is when you have the ability to be dominant on the rebounding end. He's got a great body, he's got great size, and he's incredibly athletic. He should be nabbing at least 10 per ball game.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Tyson is a very good complementary player. Curry is a go to guy.

Chicago is soooo dumb. They wanted their kids to play like men and they obviously weren't. Now that they are men, they are turning into exactly what they wanted as they fill out their potential.
If you're go to guy is Eddy Curry, you're pretty much screwed. Curry can score and that's about it. He's a bad rebounder and bad defensively. Although Chandler might not be a very good scorer, he still helps you out by grabbing the offensive boards.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Dub4President View Post
If you're go to guy is Eddy Curry, you're pretty much screwed. Curry can score and that's about it. He's a bad rebounder and bad defensively. Although Chandler might not be a very good scorer, he still helps you out by grabbing the offensive boards.
Curry is one of the rare low post go to guys in the league who you can count on to score. A good rebounder is not a go to guy. A good defenseman is not a go to guy. That's the way I look at it. He's still very young and still improving. Dwight Howard could not stop him the other night. Curry is making something of himself. I never said he is a monster, I said he is turning into one.

...and yes, Chandler is great at what he does, but he is still not more than a complimentary player.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Curry is one of the rare low post go to guys in the league who you can count on to score. A good rebounder is not a go to guy. A good defenseman is not a go to guy. That's the way I look at it. He's still very young and still improving. Dwight Howard could not stop him the other night. Curry is making something of himself. I never said he is a monster, I said he is turning into one.

...and yes, Chandler is great at what he does, but he is still not more than a complimentary player.
You can't count on Eddy Curry to do anything. I'm sorry but it's the bitter truth.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdpads24 View Post

How are they going to far? He is using a shot follow-through to punch people in the face. He should be suspended more games, and is lucky he got away with just 1.

He has bruised / bloodied 2 players now, Ginobli and Jaric, with his cheapshot crap.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

This is the 2nd time he's done this. And IMO it's not just an accident b/c he doesn't do it all the time on his follow thorugh.

I'm glad to see him get suspended. You don't shoot your arm out to the side after your follow through.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Pretty good win tonight without Amare.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeBron was ridiculous tonight.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
How are they going to far? He is using a shot follow-through to punch people in the face. He should be suspended more games, and is lucky he got away with just 1.

He has bruised / bloodied 2 players now, Ginobli and Jaric, with his cheapshot crap.
he did not bloody or bruise jaric. I'm not defending his actions, i'm just correcting you.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
Chaucer
Rookie

Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
LeBron was ridiculous tonight.
he was beyond that, he took his game to a whole new level, that shot at the end of regualtion was nuts. i hope gilbert feels like crap. i cant wait for playoffs, he steps us agasint good teams on big stages.
Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Iguodala got his 3rd triple double of the year last night. He's not bad.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
he did not bloody or bruise jaric. I'm not defending his actions, i'm just correcting you.
Wrong. He gave Jaric a bloody nose, and doctors said it was close to being broken.

" Bryant's flailing follow-through after his shot was blocked with 58.7 seconds left in regulation Tuesday resulted in a bloody nose for Minnesota's Marko Jaric. Bryant was called for a foul on the play. "

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 03-08-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
he was beyond that, he took his game to a whole new level, that shot at the end of regualtion was nuts. i hope gilbert feels like crap. i cant wait for playoffs, he steps us agasint good teams on big stages.
Not really. He's very inconsistent actually. He'll dominate one game, and then have kind of an off night the next. Then he'll dominate again, and he'll have a pretty good game.

The times I've watched him this season he hasn't really done much, and that has been against teams like Chicago, Detroit, Washington, etc...He's still a great player, but he's got the talent to rewrite the record books.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
If Gilbert and LeBron meet in the playoffs, they'll set a new record for clutch free throws missed.

Last edited by A-Dub4President : 03-08-2007 at 10:09 PM.
A-Dub4President is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Wrong. He gave Jaric a bloody nose, and doctors said it was close to being broken.

" Bryant's flailing follow-through after his shot was blocked with 58.7 seconds left in regulation Tuesday resulted in a bloody nose for Minnesota's Marko Jaric. Bryant was called for a foul on the play. "
did you watch the game? even if you read that on espn or something, they probably stretched the truth.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Yes, I watched the game. Jaric was on the ground for a minute or two, and he had to leave the court and get attended to.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007