Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-2012, 05:18 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Veteran

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think just Lintendo works fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:04 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Lin's facial expressions are complete gold.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I'd still take Bynum for Gortat and Nash :)

And I'll admit now Lin is a little amazing

btw his nickname is Super Lin-tendo deal with it

Lin-tendo 64?
That's a great trade actually. I totally do that if I'm the Lakers or the Suns. Nice to see a reasonable trade proposed around these parts.....
Old 02-11-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
That's a great trade actually. I totally do that if I'm the Lakers or the Suns. Nice to see a reasonable trade proposed around these parts.....
I agree. the lakers would get much needed toughness in the paint and would not have to start Fisher, while the Suns would get a young guy with a lot of the "p" word.

Not sure why it's causing so much uproar. It seems only ridiculous trades need to be proposed, so might as well throw in your next 11 1sts in the deal, Suns. even it up a bit
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I consider myself a pretty grounded fan and a realist... but god it's hard not to love and get caught up in the hype of Lin... just such a cool story really, and I hate the Knicks and enjoy them failing!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Stop trying sense with sickwithit on this, he won't listen. When Kobe's done in a couple of years and Bynum's knees do him in, he'll get it.
Did you ******* listen when I was saying I was all for trading Bynum and Pau for D12 if thats what it took or do you not ******* read? Where I said we arent going to win it this year so we might as well go all in on banking on maybe getting Deron in FA? No you prolly didnt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I admit...I follow the Knicks much more now than I ever did, I'm loving this Lin hype!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Sweet ******* Jesus I didn't say he was as good once again. Why Gortat is still so under appreciated I don't understand. Their numbers are extremely similar save a few rebounds and 2 points a game. Nash is still a top 5 PG, hell this year he's been top 3 even at his age. The Lakers window to win with this roster is about as long as Nash's remaining career. There is no reason for the Lakers to deny this trade.
The Lakers window with this team is already closed. Nash and Gortat really arent going to help that, sorry.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the plans for the Lakers right now ? Kobe isn't getting any younger and Pau neither...the only great piece you can stick with right now is Bynum (who is still injury prone) try and trade Pau to get the most out of it ?

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-11-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
What are the plans for the Lakers right now ? Kobe isn't getting any younger and Pau neither...the only great piece you can stick with right now is Bynum (who is still injury prone) try and trade Pau to get the most out of it ?
I think thats the plan, the Rockets have supposedly said they are still interested but the Lakers wouldnt make a deal without Kyle Lowry and the Rockets arent doing that.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Yeah outside of Lowry there is no great young pieces for the Lakers to add. With that said it's soooo risky to build your team around an injury prone Bynum ...

#MoncriefArmy
Old 02-11-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I agree. the lakers would get much needed toughness in the paint and would not have to start Fisher, while the Suns would get a young guy with a lot of the "p" word.
you think gortat is more tough than Bynum?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

A team of Nash-Kobe-Barnes-Gasol-Gortat could absolutely get out of the West imo. Nash is so ******* good.

The improvement from Fisher to Nash is waaayyyy more valuable in the short term than the downgrade you take with Bynum to Gortat. I think that the Lakers would have a shot at another finals appearance with trade, so I do it.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
A team of Nash-Kobe-Barnes-Gasol-Gortat could absolutely get out of the West imo. Nash is so ******* good.
They arent going to win it though, thats the thing.

That team is still going to get scorched by the Thunder's and the Heat's of the world. No athleticism still.

Quote:
Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I think they could beat the Thunder depending on Westbrook. Miami probably scorches them, but I'm on record thinking that nobody will stop the Heat this year. If they make a finals appearance, it's worth it.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
you think gortat is more tough than Bynum?
no. I know. Gortat is a tough ************ while Bynum got bitched around on the board by Jared ******* Jeffries last night. Defensively, Bynum is soft as hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
no. I know. Gortat is a tough ************ while Bynum got bitched around on the board by Jared ******* Jeffries last night. Defensively, Bynum is soft as hell
Yeah but Gortat isn't exactly Dennis Rodman.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Did you ******* listen when I was saying I was all for trading Bynum and Pau for D12 if thats what it took or do you not ******* read? Where I said we arent going to win it this year so we might as well go all in on banking on maybe getting Deron in FA? No you prolly didnt.
You aren't getting Deron in free agency anyway, and that trade wouldn't make you a contender this year either. Bynum/Gasol in the paint is the team's main advantage, and Howard/McRoberts.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quit trying to hijack the Jeremy Lin thread.

One thing Lin has been able to do that no other NBA player has in several years is get my wife to watch a basketball game.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The improvement from Fisher to Nash is waaayyyy more valuable in the short term than the downgrade you take with Bynum to Gortat. I think that the Lakers would have a shot at another finals appearance with trade, so I do it.
^^^^^

And who cares if Nash doesn't play D? The Lakers went to three consecutive finals getting lit up by point guards anyways.

They're trying to pull off a stupid "win now but build for the future simultaneously" trade. We'll see how it works out. TBH, though, I'm not as high on Howard as most, and I'd prefer he not be the "transition" star to carry the team after Kobe retires, either. :shrug:

Last edited by DraftSavant : 02-11-2012 at 12:39 PM.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
^^^^^

And who cares if Nash doesn't play D? The Lakers went to three consecutive finals getting lit up by point guards anyways.
Nash blows on defense. He is still better than Fisher. Fisher should barely be on an NBA roster and would have probably been cut by now if he wasn't Kobe's only friend. His only useful skill is taking charges.

Nash is an amazing PG and adding him and Gortat to the Laker make them finals contenders imo.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nash blows on defense. He is still better than Fisher. Fisher should barely be on an NBA roster and would have probably been cut by now if he wasn't Kobe's only friend. His only useful skill is taking charges.

Nash is an amazing PG and adding him and Gortat to the Laker make them finals contenders imo.
Add Fisher to the list of PGs that Jeremy Lin has done a number on. Harris, Wall, Williams, Fisher. These guys arent chopped liver but hardly make anyone think Walt Frazier that's for sure.

Hey, i'm trying to keep the Jeremy Lin mania going.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Add Fisher to the list of PGs that Jeremy Lin has done a number on. Harris, Wall, Williams, Fisher. These guys arent chopped liver but hardly make anyone think Walt Frazier that's for sure.

Hey, i'm trying to keep the Jeremy Lin mania going.
I'm waiting for when we play the Heat for LeBron to say "enough if this Jeremy Lin business" and hold him scoreless.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:51 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm waiting for when we play the Heat for LeBron to say "enough if this Jeremy Lin business" and hold him scoreless.
yeah that wouldnt happen considering how well he uses the pick and rolls.