Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-15-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, mqtirish is correct. Avery Bradley is right up there with Tony Allen and Iggy as one of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA. He pretty much went in the first round due to his potential and amazing defense. The only difference with him is that he doesn't have the size and strength that Iggy, Allen and Lebron do to guard big SGs and SFs.

Last edited by MetSox17 : 02-15-2012 at 04:12 PM.
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we discuss who the best interior defenders are?

I'll get the ball rolling: Carlos Boozer.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All-NBA Non-Defense team

PG: Jose Calderon
SG: Stephen Curry
SF: Michael Beasley
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Andrea Bargnani

I challenge you to find a worse lineup (i know it's possible since this took me two minutes off the top of my head, i'm sure i'm missing some terrible guys)
Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Can we discuss who the best interior defenders are?

I'll get the ball rolling: Carlos Boozer.

DeAndre "I block everything" Jordan and Dwight Howard are 2 pretty good guys. I also still trust Kevin Garnett's intensity in the playoffs.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Luis Scola needs a spot. Dude is absolutely embarrassing defensively.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Luis Scola needs a spot. Dude is absolutely awful defensively.
I was gonna put him at C, but i figured it would kinda be a cop out since he is in no way a center. But yes, he definitely deserves to be mentioned.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
All-NBA Non-Defense team

PG: Jose Calderon
SG: Stephen Curry
SF: Michael Beasley
PF: Carlos Boozer
C: Andrea Bargnani

I challenge you to find a worse lineup (i know it's possible since this took me two minutes off the top of my head, i'm sure i'm missing some terrible guys)
Bargs is nowhere near the worst defensive center.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bargnani don't ******* care about Defense...when Bosh was in toronto they had to be the softest front line pairing ever gosh

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does Peja Stojakovic still count as a player?

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty Magic! View Post
Bargnani don't ******* care about Defense...when Bosh was in toronto they had to be the softest front line pairing ever gosh
Yes he does. Aren't you supposed to be a Toronto fan? He's been averageish the last year and change, nowhere near the worst defensive center in the NBA (Bropez, Monroe should be mentioned first).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-15-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Well at least you're finally coming around to Monroe's suckiness.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not. The raptors get on tv every once in a while but I don't really care about them and I'm not calling him the worst defensive center in the league.

#MoncriefArmy
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Bargs is nowhere near the worst defensive center.
Bropez? Al Jefferson?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Well at least you're finally coming around to Monroe's suckiness.
He's a PF forced to defend centers because Dumars has no idea how to build a team. When he's at PF, he's not near the worst defensive big at least. He's still an incredible offensive talent though.

Oh yeah, and I forgot Byron Mullens. Awful, awful defender.

RIP TheManInBlack

Last edited by Brodeur : 02-15-2012 at 04:29 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's a PF forced to defend centers because Dumars has no idea how to build a team. When he's at PF, he's not near the worst defensive big at least. He's still an incredible offensive talent though.
I know he's out of position at C, i'm just trolling you. But with his size, you'd think he'd be able to body up someone once in a while.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

How could i forget the awful Brook Lopez? If you sub him in for Bargs in that lienup, i don't think they'd ever get a rebound.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeMarcus Cousins.

Old 02-15-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Lee instead of Boozer. 1.9 defensive win shares to Lee's .5.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YOU GUYS LEAVE BROPEZ ALONE.
he's not THAT bad.
ok, well maybe he is.
but he scores lots.
HE'LL ALL SHOW YOU WHEN HE COMES BACK FROM INJURY
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
YOU GUYS LEAVE BROPEZ ALONE.
he's not THAT bad.
ok, well maybe he is.
but he scores lots.
HE'LL ALL SHOW YOU WHEN HE COMES BACK FROM INJURY
He also scores about as efficiently as a shooting guard. Just sayin'.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Where are you getting your #s? I was actually looking for synergy sports right now but apparently they have an espn dick in their mouth so they're not accessible for the public.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docta View Post
Ouch.

And the funny thing is that Boozer this season is actually an improvement from how he played last year. It's not much of an improvement, but it is an improvement.

Also, who is more in denial about their hair problems: Lebron with the headband or Boozer who very well may be using a magic marker to color his head?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where are you getting your #s? I was actually looking for synergy sports right now but apparently they have an espn dick in their mouth so they're not accessible for the public.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/...boozeca01.html

Scroll down to the advanced section.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back to Jeremy Lin for a second. Ok we know he's better than half the stiffs at pg in the NBA but what is this guy's ceiling. Top 5, top 10. For me personally i'm not sure he's Steve Nash reincarnated but i'm not betting the rent money that he isnt.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Magic taking care of business

#MoncriefArmy