Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I like Paul George, but that is a sad slam dunk lineup. The NBA needs to up the prizes or something for it. Offer a Bugatti or something to the winner and then the top guys will show up.
but it's called the "Rising Stars" Slam Dunk competition, it's not suppose to be for the 7-9 year veterans etc.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to add JR. Always been a fan, and he's a much needed piece for us.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like Paul George, but that is a sad slam dunk lineup. The NBA needs to up the prizes or something for it. Offer a Bugatti or something to the winner and then the top guys will show up.
That'd require Bugatti to give one away for free in the hopes that the marketing associated with sponsoring the event will lead to increased sales.

So, unless anyone can convince Bugatti that the NBA's core demographic has untapped potential as Bugatti buyers, it's not likely to happen.

It's KIA for a reason. And expensive ass car brands like that also don't do general marketing for a reason as well.
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its spun by PR reps as the rising stars contest because all the vets are chickens

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Also, JR Smith close to signing with the Knicks.
I cant wait to see this nut job in MSG. lol

Old 02-16-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftSavant View Post
That'd require Bugatti to give one away for free in the hopes that the marketing associated with it will lead to increased sales.

So, unless anyone can convince Bugatti that the NBA's core demographic has untapped potential as Bugatti buyers, it's not likely to happen.

It's KIA for a reason. And expensive ass car brands like that also don't do general marketing for a reason as well.
1.4million sticker price...I'm sure the NBA can find some way to cover that small change with the increased viewership of a Lebron or Kevin Durant dunk contest. Invite magazines to take pictures before the event and sell the rights like a Pitt-Jolie baby picture.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-16-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
I cant wait to see this nut job in MSG. lol

I just can't wait to see him playing instead of Bill Walker.
Old 02-16-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I just can't wait to see him playing instead of Bill Walker.
Hey he is a talented player but he is still a little bat **** crazy.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
DraftSavant
Veteran

DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DraftSavant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
@PDcavsinsider: LeBron James says he made a mistake in he way he left Cleveland and tells Cleveland media he could see returning.

@PDcavsinsider: Asked about playing again for owner Dan Gilbert, who was so critical in the aftermath of his departure, James said: Dan is not the coach.

@PDcavsinsider: James on the possibility of returning: "If I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me.''
WTF....cvxcvxv
DraftSavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Cleveland: "Go **** yourself LeBron!"
Dan Gilbert: "You're right, I'm the guy who paid you. Go **** yourself!"

He's trying to turn Cleveland into a rape victim. Just stay away. He's like an abusive exboyfriend to the city. The city loved him and part of that will never fade, but just stay away.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-16-2012, 01:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lolwut

How or when is he gonna go back? When he's 34 and washed up?
Old 02-16-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cleveland: "Go **** yourself LeBron!"
Dan Gilbert: "You're right, I'm the guy who paid you. Go **** yourself!"

He's trying to turn Cleveland into a rape victim. Just stay away. He's like an abusive exboyfriend to the city. The city loved him and part of that will never fade, but just stay away.
No it's definitely all gone away. Some of the black community in Akron will still stand up for Lebron, but that's about it. Absolutely everyone else hates him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard he's said that before because he's not a fan of Pat Riley and his strictness.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one main issue I have with people commenting that Cleveland- the city, not the team- would not accept a return of LeBron James is this;

I don't believe you. I don't believe in fan integrity on that scale. There's a reason fans were over-glorified irrelevence in the last two lockouts and all the other little injustices done to them over the years.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
The one main issue I have with people commenting that Cleveland- the city, not the team- would not accept a return of LeBron James is this;

I don't believe you. I don't believe in fan integrity on that scale. There's a reason fans were over-glorified irrelevence in the last two lockouts and all the other little injustices done to them over the years.
I didn't say they wouldn't accept him; I said there was no goodwill left for LeBron. If Lebron came back in his prime and won games for the Cavs people might not forgive him, but they would certainly accept him.

At a personal level, I think 95% of all professional athletes are narcissistic morons, but I still want those morons to win games for my favorite teams.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
but it's called the "Rising Stars" Slam Dunk competition, it's not suppose to be for the 7-9 year veterans etc.
Only Derrick Williams can really be considered a "rising star." George and Shumpert are decent I guess, but really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
the difference between tebow and lin is that lin is actually good and deserves all the love and hype he's getting right now.
Tebow was good and winning games in exciting fashion. I think the story is a little differant because Lin is such an underdog and the Tebow story had two of the biggest devisive elements, religion and politics.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Only Derrick Williams can really be considered a "rising star." George and Shumpert are decent I guess, but really.
Paul George will one day dominate the world.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Also, has the Flop So Hard video been posted here yet? If not, youtube it.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I didn't say they wouldn't accept him; I said there was no goodwill left for LeBron. If Lebron came back in his prime and won games for the Cavs people might not forgive him, but they would certainly accept him.

At a personal level, I think 95% of all professional athletes are narcissistic morons, but I still want those morons to win games for my favorite teams.
That's fair, but 'acceptance' is such a vague word. It's an entry-point word to describe the emotions a typical fan would feel seeing LeBron come back and return Cleveland to relevance after having abandoned the team once for South Beach and the lure of championships that didn't come.

It's also one-hundred percent safe, until the question comes out in the open- is LeBron forgiven?

At that point, the fan can't fall back on merely 'accepting' him without perhaps being reduced to something like casual status. He/she either is forced to forgive him for his 'indiscretion' years ago, or claim that they still hate LeBron no matter what he does for Cleveland in the future.

The reason why that outcome is so black and white, because it's the fanatic mob mentality brought up in textbook fashion.

Here's an NFL example, and I apologize for the 'PackerZzzzz' trolls that might jump in. Lets say Brett Favre returns to Pro Football next year... only it's with Green Bay. Let's say that maybe he jumps in and accepts a Backup role to Rodgers once Flynn is gone, or maybe Rodgers and a backup or two go out with injuries and Favre is signed for a brief cameo.

If any of that happens, win or lose, the majority of Packer Fans who hated Favre for going to the Vikings will forgive him up front. That's fanatic mom mentality at work right there.

You'll see the same thing is LeBron comes back to Cleveland.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They might be no name guys but thats actually a pretty solid line up for the dunk contest. George and Budinger are both like 6'7 with 40" verts there gonna do some sick ****

And JR Smith is the last guy the knicks need thats just a dumb signing IMO

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Also, has the Flop So Hard video been posted here yet? If not, youtube it.
Flop so hard Clippers wanna sign meeeeeee

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

dude is legit, his court vision is amazing:

Old 02-16-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
And JR Smith is the last guy the knicks need thats just a dumb signing IMO
Why? He's a good shooter from the perimeter and he can take it to the hole. I've always been a fan and he makes our bench very deep.

Is he a good defender?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

He's a terrible defender. He should be decent, but he's terrible.

Prowler's Newb Guide