Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
And he told LeBron he hasn't achieved success at success....
I am confused.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I am confused.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who wants more blast from the past names that the nets are signing?

now up, Gerald Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, at least Gerald Green can jump really high.

In Dwight related news, it's gonna be awesome to see D12 and Deron in Dallas with Dirk. I'd take that team all day over the Heat.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post

In Dwight related news, it's gonna be awesome to see D12 and Deron in Dallas with Dirk. I'd take that team all day over the Heat.
you need to shut the hell up.

all of you
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Triple D !!!!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I already patented 3D.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone want to explain to me how Dallas could afford both of them, had this debate with my friend

If they decline the options of Odom and Wright they are at about 42 mil, which doesn't even leave them enough room for 1

Last edited by fenikz : 02-27-2012 at 05:00 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
I'm still a little bitter that Love wasn't named a starter but there is always next year. Solid game though. Couldn't be happier that KD won MVP like I predicted. :)
How is he ever going to start with Durant and Griffin in the West. He'll be like Dirk being a backup for years and then entering the HOF when his career is over.

I was following the combine coverage and watching the Oscars. Pretty much missed the whole All Star game. Didn't lose any sleep over it either.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Someone want to explain to me how Dallas could afford both of them, had this debate with my friend

If they decline the options of Odom and Wright they are at about 42 mil, which doesn't even leave them enough room for 1
HoopsHype has them at 41M once this season is over. Declining Odom and amnestying Haywood/Marion puts them at 24M. An extra million off the books if they decline Wright, and they could still trade Marion for peanuts the way the Clippers did to Baron Davis, which would be another 8.5M off.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HoopsHype has them at 41M once this season is over. Declining Odom and amnestying Haywood/Marion puts them at 24M. An extra million off the books if they decline Wright, and they could still trade Marion for peanuts the way the Clippers did to Baron Davis, which would be another 8.5M off.
That 41 million is already assuming they decline Odom and Wright.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, just realized that.

Either way, i still think they end up getting rid of Marion and Haywood. One of them is getting the amnesty (Haywood, his deal is worse and he has zero trade value), while Marion can be traded to a team in need of a wing for close to nothing, which would equal to another 16M off the books.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In that situation, would you amnesty Haywood?

Amnesty Haywood, trade Marion for a 2nd rounder (has more value than Haywood and much less contract), decline Odom and Wright.

That leaves you with just Dirk, Beaubois and Jones under contract, but if you can make a pitch for both Deron and Howard, that would be a killer team.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clippers traded a lottery pick to get rid of Baron Davis, his contract was certainly worse but might not be as easy to move Marion as you think

Old 02-27-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, just realized that.

Either way, i still think they end up getting rid of Marion and Haywood. One of them is getting the amnesty (Haywood, his deal is worse and he has zero trade value), while Marion can be traded to a team in need of a wing for close to nothing, which would equal to another 16M off the books.
this is what I just heard on the radio. odom (buyout i think?), mario traded, haywood amnestied.

I think there's no way we offer bynum now.

btw, not a big fan of the kobe system commercials.

Last edited by soybean : 02-27-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
this is what I just heard on the radio. odom (buyout i think?), mario traded, haywood amnestied.

I think there's no way we offer bynum now.

btw, not a big fan of the kobe system commercials.
In the NBA, do buyouts on options count against the cap?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

I don't think a buyout is even necessary though since they can just not pick up Odom's option.
================================================== =================

Also, just in:

btw... the stars are aligning -_-

per Arash Markazi's twitter:

Quote:
Lamar Odom did not report back to the Mavericks on Monday and there's no timetable for his return. http://es.pn/zkCB27

Last edited by soybean : 02-27-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Clippers traded a lottery pick to get rid of Baron Davis, his contract was certainly worse but might not be as easy to move Marion as you think
They didn't just trade a lottery pick......they traded number 1 overall.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Well there was a 2.8% chance of that happening

Suns apparently will only move Nash with 2 of Childress, Frye and Warrick

Old 02-28-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Then everyone laughs at the cheap ass Suns and gives them the finger. There's no way anyone takes two of those awful contracts when Nash can be had this summer for free.

Also, in regards to the Dallas thing. Odom has a team-option and seeing as how much of a vagina he has been, he's 100% gone.

Marion has a lot more value than Baron did (who was just a fat useless slob) which is why it should be easier to move him.

I think Haywood definitely gets amnestied, he is making way too much money against the cap for too long. Maybe they try to move him to a team under the cap that wants him, but i highly doubt that. He is owed a lot of money, it would just make everyone's job easier to amnesty him.

Everyone in NBA circles has pretty much penciled in Deron to Dallas, it's pretty well known he wants to go back home to play. He may even take slightly less than the max, after that it should be a lot easier to bring in D12.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sooooo who are some players that you guys just don't want on your team at all, never ever?

I'll start out with Andray Blatche.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Add John Salmons. I don't want him, and no one else should either, ever. He's terrible in every facet of the game except for his average wing defense. That's his only saving grace right now, and i really can't believe we didn't amnesty his useless ass this past off-season.
Old 02-28-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddy Curry the end.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Carlos Boozer.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Did not know Delonte West was bipolar.

Quote:
“You watch the saving account just shoop … shoop … shoop … shoop — slowly disappear.’ Despite making more than $14 million in a career that began in 2004, West has lost just about everything. During the NBA’s labor dispute, he took a job at a Maryland furniture store. West had to sell vehicles, jewelry and ‘just about everything I own, except for my house and the clothes on my back,’ he said. After joining the Mavericks, the team gave him a hotel room during a very brief training camp. However, once the regular season got started, NBA salary cap rules blocked the team from providing housing for West. He said he tried to rent apartments around North Texas but failed, because they were either too expensive or he wasn’t allowed because of his legal troubles. So West would get a hotel room when the Mavericks were on the road, but when they came back to Dallas late after road trips, he had no place to stay. So rather than getting a hotel room for just a few hours, he would sleep in the American Airlines Center locker room area or park his truck in the arena players garage and rest.
http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...s-this-season/