Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD is you're trolling could you please take it to another thread.

And if not, wow.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's why they play 7 buddy! D'Antoni with the adjustmentzzzzz.

Seriously though, Philly?

Philly?!

******* Philly?!

They suck. I'm supposed to be afraid of Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala? Please. We'll stomp them out.
Philly has the second best defense in the league and are incredibly deep. Iggy's the best perimeter defender in basketball also, so you should be afraid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's why they play 7 buddy! D'Antoni with the adjustmentzzzzz.

Seriously though, Philly?

Philly?!

******* Philly?!

They suck. I'm supposed to be afraid of Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala? Please. We'll stomp them out.
BBD, Philly has one of the best defense in the league. The way their assembled is just great. Their lack of an elite scorer is probably keeping them from being TITLE contenders in my mind, but they would shut the knicks down. They're such a well rounded team.

Same with Indy, who would destroy the Knicks as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember when people in this thread used to think I was the giant Knick homer but BBD has now taken my belt.
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The Giants just won the Super Bowl, the Yankees are contenders every damn year and won two seasons ago, the Rangers are the best team in the East and contenders now, and thus I don't have to give a ****.
Hate baseball. Hate hockey.

My 2 sports are football and basketball. I love soccer too, but I don't follow it outside of the World Cup.

So for me, it's the Giants and Knicks. I was the biggest Knicks fan you ever seen in the 90s. I used to live and die with every game. Still can't forgive Charles Smith for game 6.

But yeah, it's been a long 10 years for me as a Knicks fan. I'm just glad to be relevant again.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I know why I hate New York sports fans.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Knicks are only relevant on ESPN.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-04-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
BBD where are you getting this notion that the Knicks are good?

I'm pretty flabbergasted at the love their getting. I just don't think they're very good. They're not well assembled and I'm not a fan of D'Antoni
I hate D'Antoni's guts.

But the Knicks have a great bench, we improved our defense, we have good length, we have decent PG play, and we have a closer in Melo.

We are a good team that will peak come playoff time. We're still growing as a unit, this team is far from a finished product.

We haven't had any cohesion for 2 years. This team needs time to get used to each other, and hopefully we'll finally gel come the end of this regular season. Too many moving parts in the past for us to really grow as a team. But come playoff time, this team will be good. They're getting better with each game.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus BBD. You have been watching Amare play right?
Old 03-04-2012, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Philly has the second best defense in the league and are incredibly deep. Iggy's the best perimeter defender in basketball also, so you should be afraid.
Deep of what? More mediocre players? Give me a break. Philly isn't going to do **** in the playoffs.

I guarantee you the Knicks would beat them in the playoffs.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know everyone's football teams. Not their basketball teams.
Hmmmm, Brodeur is a Lions fan. Maybe he might be a Pistons fan too?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
How long the Knicks have sucked? Oh cry me a river, I'm a Timberwolves fan.
Raptors fan reporting for duty.
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Jesus BBD. You have been watching Amare play right?
Yeah but he's gonna like....peak come playoff time. Or something.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Deep of what? More mediocre players? Give me a break. Philly isn't going to do **** in the playoffs.

I guarantee you the Knicks would beat them in the playoffs.
So the Knicks are deep, but Philly isn't? Keep on dreaming there BBD.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-04-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kobe shows you why he should still be before wade on your lists.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Teams who play Jared Jeffries significant minutes cannot be "deep". Can we make that a rule?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah but he's gonna like....peak come playoff time. Or something.

I could understand the confidence if Amare was playing like early last year and Lin was still on fire, because with people like Chandler/Shumpert/JR we are vastly improved, but...
Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Melo would get shut down by Iggy. People would make Lin go left, making him ineffective. And then it's literally Amar'e and bench to do the scoring. Philly is top notch this year and defense doesn't have off shooting nights.

Also, I just realized the Knicks are under .500.

I don't even...
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Having a good bench is great, but it doesn't mean **** when your starting lineup has average talent.

Philly is what I call a try hard team. It's a team that plays great team ball, and great defense, but they lack the talent you need to take your game to the next level in the playoffs.

They overachieve in the regular season while other teams sleepwalk, but when they play more talented teams in the playoffs, they cannot match their intensity bc they simply don't have the talent to do so for 7 games.

Come on, how many times have we seen this SAME story? Basketball is a simple sport. These type of teams don't win in the playoffs. The Sixers, the Nuggets, the Pacers, the Hawks, none of those teams are gonna do **** in the playoffs.

Everyone kept raving about how great Denver played last year. "Such great team basketball!111"

Then they got swept.

Teammwork can only take you so far. If you don't have a closer who can take over the game at the end, your team isn't ****. Those teams will go no where.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD you really just need to stop there is nothing you can say that will convince them.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Having a good bench is great, but it doesn't mean **** when your starting lineup has average talent.

Philly is what I call a try hard team. It's a team that plays great team ball, and great defense, but they lack the talent you need to take your game to the next level in the playoffs.

They overachieve in the regular season while other teams sleepwalk, but when they play more talented teams in the playoffs, they cannot match their intensity bc they simply don't have the talent to do so for 7 games.

Come on, how many times have we seen this SAME story? Basketball is a simple sport. These type of teams don't win in the playoffs. The Sixers, the Nuggets, the Pacers, the Hawks, none of those teams are gonna do **** in the playoffs.

Everyone kept raving about how great Denver played last year. "Such great team basketball!111"

Then they got swept.

Teammwork can only take you so far. If you don't have a closer who can take over the game at the end, your team isn't ****. Those teams will go no where.
The 76ers are just like the Pistons of a few years ago, except with slightly less talent. They can easily beat a mediocre team like the Knicks (whose backup big men are ******* Jared Jeffries and Steve "I have ONE skill" Novak) in a 7 game series. And by the way, Shumpert is a self destructing bastard on offense, which people seem to ignore here lately.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-04-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
BBD you really just need to stop there is nothing you can say that will convince them.
It's not like I'm saying anything crazy here. This is basketball 101. You won't win in the playoffs without a closer. It's one of the most basic concepts in basketball.

Look at today's game. How did Boston win? They gave it to Pierce at the end, and asked him to close the game. And he did.

The Knicks did the same with Melo, but Pierce out dueled him.

The Bulls win bc they have team ball, but they also have a closer who can finish in Rose. The championship teams all have that star player who can close.

Who the **** does the Sixers, Nuggets, Hawks, and Pacers have?

None of those teams are going to do ****. And I love how the records mean something. Like we haven't seen a 8 seed beat a 1 seed before?

Teams with star talent wins in the playoffs. I'm not saying anything crazy, just look at the past. This sports history repeats itself.

The cream always rises to the top at the end of the season. Overachieving teams always lose in the playoffs.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're getting better with each game. Come playoff time this team will be much better than it is now. We have a great bench, and our starters are just beginning to gel. Lin will cut down on the turnovers with more experience too, and Davis is still getting up to speed.

You can't deny how much this team has grown from the beginning of the season to now. And it will continue to get better. I don't think we've seen the finished product of the Knicks yet.

We know who the Bulls are. They are what they are. We don't know what the Knicks are yet.
Eh, we still don't know exactly what Bulls are yet either since Rip Hamilton still hasn't played for them and his intelligence and jumper could really open the paint up for Rose and Boozer if they ever played together.

I agree that the Knicks can still get so much better and I'm a believer that by them they could even beat the Bulls or Heat, although they wouldn't be favorites, but let's not diminish how well both teams have been playing. The Bulls second unit is better than last year and if they get healthy Rip could give them a dynamic they didn't have while Miami's much deeper than they were in last years playoff run.

The East is going to be so ******* exciting this year, especially if Philly keeps their D and depth rolling.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

**** teams also don't win in the playoffs.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 03-04-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

except Iggy would shut down these closers.

also, Kris Humphries just ripped a hole in the space time continuum with a silly tip slam off a D-Will miss.
Quote: