Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-04-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
You see, this is where you Knicks fans are delusional. Amar'e is no longer even a good number 2 option, and your other main options are either much better in mainly defensive roles (Chandler) or a flash in the pan (Lin). Philly doesn't have a main option, but they are built so that they don't necessarily need one and they have a guy that can close games pretty well for them (Lou Williams). With their suffocating defense, that's all they need.

And when Amar'e gets tired out or Tyson gets in foul trouble, the Knicks are screwed. Between Jeffries getting too many minutes, JR Smith and/or Shumpert having a brick-a-thon, and Amar'e looking older than dirt and being a revolving door on D, it's not a difficult team to beat. They'll turn the ball over too much, they'll be outcoached, and they'll be outmanned. Stop deluding yourself to think they can beat Philly or Indiana, let alone even have a pipe dream of beating Chicago or Miami.
Sorry in advance for the essay.

When Amar'e's been out there with a PG focused on running the PnR to him, he's found his rhythm and flashed the beast he was for us last year. Unfortunately that's only happened every couple of games and for only a quarter, if that, at a time. Still, I don't think the problem is with Amar'e not being good enough anymore, but rather with us still not having figured out how to utilize him alongside Chandler and Melo without relegating him to spot up and decoy duties. This team really got screwed by the lockout with all of the change up and the hole they dug themselves with the early season injuries/not-having-Lin only exacerbated those issues. Chandler had to teach guys how to play team D, which takes time. They've had to adapt to having a PG running things, a process not helped by Lin's inexperience. They had to adapt to Melo coming back into the fold and they're still adapting to JR Smith, Baron Davis and Novak joining the mix.

Amar'e's gotten lost in the shuffle and if he keeps being wasted the way he has been for much of this season then yes we'll continue to have big problems against the top teams. That's why I hope we start seeing Amar'e spending more time on the court with the second unit soon, have Baron focus on running PnRs with Amar'e as the foundation of the second unit offense and use that to open up the outside jumpers. When Amar'e gets into a rhythm scoring on his way to the rim, his jumper starts falling, which is what he needs to do when he's out there with Chandler and Melo, this is a way for us to accomplish that while keeping things simple enough for the guys to keep growing the chemistry steadily.

I'd still start Stat, but would shift to rotations that would look something like this:
Chandler
Novak
Melo
Shumpert/Fields
Lin

Amare
Jeffries
Fields/Shumpert
JR Smith
Baron

Of course you fidget a little for how the game's going, JR over Shump when teams are packing the paint and their guards and destroying us, Jorts for Novak in games where we're getting beaten up in the paint, etc. But I think seeing pairings that look more like those than the strict:
Chandler
Stat
Melo
Fields/Shump
Lin

Jeffries
Novak
Shump/Fields
JR
Baron
we have been getting would do a lot for getting everyone playing well.

Although I get why Mike is trying to give our starting 5 as much time to figure each other out as he has been in this shortened season, I think we'd be better served swapping out Amar'e for Novak and simplifying things so that Lin can focus on how to utilize Melo the way he did Chandler until he's fully comfortable and integrated. This is season short and the clock has been ticking very loudly for us all year, but there's still plenty of time to simplify things so long as they keep learning and improving.

Lin has had turnover problems since the start, but some games are much worse than others and his struggles seem to coincide with when he's trying to do too much as a play maker and he usually doesn't snap out of it until he focuses on just getting chandler involved and reading how the D responds to his penetration. I can't help but think taking away a guy like Stat that Lin feels pressured to "get going" might not help him stay efficient while he and Melo keep adjusting to each other.

I know that a lot of rookies and young players have problems with trying to do too much things, but it's a phenomenon that happens to pretty much ever kid in New York. That's why I'm not too worried about Shumpert, especially since he's been a lot better with his shot selection since Lin and Baron took the ball out of his hands and he didn't have to play the point. He still takes some jumpers that he doesn't hit very often, but it's not that common and most of the time it's because he's either made some good plays and has some momentum or the whole team is struggling while he's had an efficient game.

JR Smith is a ******, and that always worries me with guards, but if we're healthy we aren't dependent enough on him for that stupidity to bury the team unless everyone else is struggling, in which case we have bigger problems.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
-'94 Nuggets won because it was a 5 game series and Dikembe was full of ridiculous amounts of energy to drive them...plus his D
-'99 Knicks were in the midst of a completely weird season, and they underperformed to all hell in the regular season.....plus, 5 games again
-Warriors had the Mavs old coach, and he knew exactly what they were doing at every step. The GS crowd was also ******* nuts, and their team had more energy than any team i had ever seen
-Grizzlies last year just beat up an old ass Spur team (awareness for this year when the Spurs lose in the first round again)
Other than the 5 game part doesn't this years knicks team sound like the 99 knicks? Granted Miami or Chicago would be a better #1 seed this year, but if the knicks can move into 6th or higher, which isn't that crazy since they're only 3 or 4 losses behind the teams in that range, they have a great chance to pull an upset in round one and give Miami or Chicago one hell of a battle in round two.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I coin TriniD? Much cooler.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Deron Williams has 53 and the Nets might still lose to Charlotte.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Will is raping for my fantasy team tonight.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cousins going into whiney ***** mode

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's such a shame because he does everything else so good but Iguodala is just such a lousy shooter.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would make a post saying how much i ******* love Deron Williams and how sexy he is, but then there'd be like 7 posts after saying "lol too bad he's gone", "lolz nets still suck", and "yeah, can't wait to see that with Howard and Dirk".
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the suns would just trade Nash and start Telfair the #1 pick would be ours

Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
If the suns would just trade Nash and start Telfair the #1 pick would be ours
Don't worry you guys will be in prime position to draft Perry Jones. He'll be that 6'11 SF you so desperately need.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Except he lacks any of the skills of a SF, Markieff Morris would be better suited for that spot

Old 03-04-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Except he lacks any of the skills of a SF, Markieff Morris would be better suited for that spot
oh i thought i was being funny. :/ me i guess.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I know but AZ people think Perry Jones doesn't suck so I was not amused

Old 03-05-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a few thoughts since i have'n't logged on in a few days;

1. Is there any team in the NBA that sees as drastic a change in play in away games like the Kings? They're awful on the road.

2. I'm really curious what it's gonna take to get Rondo from the Celtics. Ainge is a complete fuckwad and if he wants to trade one of the best PGs in the NBA at 25 years old, i'm all ears.

3. Welcome to Dallas, D-Will.

4. I wanted to shoot myself skimming through the last couple of pages. ******* Knicks.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Just a few thoughts since i have'n't logged on in a few days;

1. Is there any team in the NBA that sees as drastic a change in play in away games like the Kings? They're awful on the road.

2. I'm really curious what it's gonna take to get Rondo from the Celtics. Ainge is a complete fuckwad and if he wants to trade one of the best PGs in the NBA at 25 years old, i'm all ears.

3. Welcome to Dallas, D-Will.

4. I wanted to shoot myself skimming through the last couple of pages. ******* Knicks.
Lakers are under .500 away and only 2 losses at home including a game they should have won against Chicago.

The reason there was rumor for Rondo for Pau is because I think the Celtics wanted to make one last run with their core group. Pau mightve gave them a chance this year to reach the finals (because of his size) despite rondo being the younger better option down the road. (the celtics aren't winning any time soon with what they have now) <-- that's my theory.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well I mean, Rondo is probably going to have a tough time repeating a performance like yesterday, so he has no where to go but down. Obviously, that means you should trade him at his high point right? I'm shocked Ainge didn't find a deal for him 5 mins after the game.

I dislike Rondo a lot just for his personality (mainly vs. the Bulls) but the guy is legitimately the best pure PG in the league at the moment, imo. And just hitting his prime. Yea, let's trade that away when the rest of your team is 80 years old...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 03-05-2012 at 12:43 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't get it. He's a guy you can build around. A young, quick PG with great vision, passing skills and defense. He's not a ball hog (ala westbrook) and although he's not a good shooter by any stretch, he's still such a damn good piece to build around. Scorers aren't all that hard to find in the NBA. Pure PG's like Rondo, are. And I'm not a fan of him (like iowa) but I respect his game and give credit where it's due. Celtics would be dumb to trade him
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Celtics are dumb, which is why i brought it up. We'll give them Tyreke and JJ Hickson for Rondo. Maybe Ainge has one last dumb move left in him.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thinks most all teams will stay relatively the same as the trade deadline passes? I don't think any team can get a deal done to get Howard, and teams will insread wait until this summer. I think Boston might be the most likely destination for Howard to replace KG as their bigman. Rondo and Pierce can still play, and I'm sure they will either resign Allen or find another shooter.

The only big move I can see happening is maybe the Nets try and get a All star to pair with Williams to try and get him to stay. A player like Josh Smith or Louis Scola could make sense and they have the young players to make that type of move. If they could send maybe Brook Lopez and/or Marshawn Brooks in a trade to get one of those players and hopefully entice Howard to join them.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Ya I don't expect much of anything to happen

Sessions to LAL for the exception, maybe a SG to Minny and LAC

Old 03-05-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cavaliers might only win like 2 games this month we could end up with the #2 pick maybe. **** you guys, we're going down.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6so4t25

Heres a very solid all around trade I came up with. Boston gets a young shooter to replace Allen, and a young big man in Lopez that will get a half season try out before they make a move for Howard. Nets upgrade at the SG and PF positions with Allen and Scola, and hope it will be enough to keep Williams in town. Houston will get a 1st round pick(s) somehow if a trade like this happens, and also get a young SG in MarShon Brooks to go along with Humphries and Morrow.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Old 03-05-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Am I the only one who thinks most all teams will stay relatively the same as the trade deadline passes? I don't think any team can get a deal done to get Howard, and teams will insread wait until this summer. I think Boston might be the most likely destination for Howard to replace KG as their bigman. Rondo and Pierce can still play, and I'm sure they will either resign Allen or find another shooter.
Why do you keep saying this? Dwight has no desire to play in Boston.

^^ I didn't mean this in a mean tone.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6so4t25

Heres a very solid all around trade I came up with. Boston gets a young shooter to replace Allen, and a young big man in Lopez that will get a half season try out before they make a move for Howard. Nets upgrade at the SG and PF positions with Allen and Scola, and hope it will be enough to keep Williams in town. Houston will get a 1st round pick(s) somehow if a trade like this happens, and also get a young SG in MarShon Brooks to go along with Humphries and Morrow.
New Jersey gets raped in that deal.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Why do you keep saying this? Dwight has no desire to play in Boston.

^^ I didn't mean this in a mean tone.
I've never seen anywhere where he said he doesn't want to play there, and I honestly think it's the best spot for him to land in F/A.

"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis