Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
The guy changed his mind like 3 times just yesterday, thats why people are giving him ****. Just needed to make up his mind and stick to it.
I find it very difficult to blast a guy for wavering and taking his time when facing a huge life decision that is very complex and affects many people he cares about.

But if you were annoyed by seeing different reports (or you're a Nets fan) then I guess some people are just easily annoyed.

I'd blame the media more than Dwight for stringing you along though.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I find it very difficult to blast a guy for wavering and taking his time when facing a huge life decision that is very complex and affects many people he cares about.

But if you were annoyed by seeing different reports (or you're a Nets fan) then I guess some people are just easily annoyed.

I'd blame the media more than Dwight for stringing you along though.
When you wake up yesterday and see the report "Dwight opting in to contract" and then 2 hours later it is changed to Dwight saying "I didnt know what went into the process, I am not opting in and I still feel the same way" and then back to opting in...its a little annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 05:21 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
When you wake up yesterday and see the report "Dwight opting in to contract" and then 2 hours later it is changed to Dwight saying "I didnt know what went into the process, I am not opting in and I still feel the same way" and then back to opting in...its a little annoying.
But it was truthful, so how can you hate the reports when information is so instantaneous in today's world?

If he was not genuine in any way, then I can see how anyone could be annoyed by that, but I get the feeling for some...like Nets and Lakers fans that they have different motives for being upset with him... that he's not with their team.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahaha man, I love the Twolves...

Quote:
Kevin Love @kevinlove
BREAKING NEWS: Wolves decide not to trade me. #unitedwerun”
Quote:
Ricky Rubio @rickyrubio9
why not? We don't need u!!!“@kevinlove: BREAKING NEWS: Wolves decide not to trade me. #unitedwerun”
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nuggets are bout to sign Chandler... too crowded

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
Nuggets are bout to sign Chandler... too crowded
And will cut Ronny Turiaf to make room. Come back to LA!

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:47 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dwight was starting all these trade and free agent talks well before the season started. Don't go around blaming the media and sheltering poor little Dwight. If he just said he had intentions on staying, it would've been fine. Hell, if he kept his mouth shut, it would've been fine. But Dwight flip flopped so much and was constantly and openly talking about it. Let's not play revisionist history here to defend him and put our little tattoo-less baby Dwight up on a pedestal here .
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
dwight was starting all these trade and free agent talks well before the season started. Don't go around blaming the media and sheltering poor little Dwight. If he just said he had intentions on staying, it would've been fine. Hell, if he kept his mouth shut, it would've been fine. But Dwight flip flopped so much and was constantly and openly talking about it. Let's not play revisionist history here to defend him and put our little tattoo-less baby Dwight up on a pedestal here .
Im so sick of all the Dwight ********... This whole things is just gonna start all over again never year...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
You mad?

C'mon now. Nobody appreciated his flip flopping and that's exactly what he was doing. Nobody is defending that. It's just about understanding why... and it's easy to see why. Wanting to go to NJ had a lot of attractive reasons.

You can't bash him for the decision he made in the end though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas will make another run at the title with Deron and Dirk, and Dwight will wanna sign there in 2013. Taking the long way to finally form 3D.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care about Dwight, 76ers got Sam Young to start the DYNASTY.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...s-opt-contract

Dwight should take notes on how to handle these situations from Deron for next year.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deron has handled it best, honestly. The whole time he has been honest, albeit vague, but honest nonetheless. He said he'd play out the year and if they were able to bring in players to compete, he'd re-up, if not he wouldn't. I'm glad he's gonna dictate his own future.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought for sure when I heard the deal for G-Wall their pick was atleast Top 10 protected.... To see it only Top 3 is quite a fetch for Wallace.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RealGM said that Ric Bucher said that the Nets offered Bropez for Monta.

That would've been a nice looking team next year, assuming they got Mr. Dwight and Deron opted in.

Deron/Monta/Wallace/???/Dwight

Sucks for the Nets, because I think Gerald Wallace planned to opt out too. I'm not sure if he changed his mind since he's with the Nets now though. It'd be especially worse since they gave up the high lotto pick too.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Fisher just got bought out.

btw, according to the new CBA, he can't sign with the Lakers (the team that traded him) until after july 1st.

He's free to sign with any other team though and must sign before march 23rd to be eligible for this season's post season.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You mad?

C'mon now. Nobody appreciated his flip flopping and that's exactly what he was doing. Nobody is defending that. It's just about understanding why... and it's easy to see why. Wanting to go to NJ had a lot of attractive reasons.

You can't bash him for the decision he made in the end though.
I'm not bashing him for his decision, I'm bashing him for wanting all this pity from the press conference he held after making all this noise about it for so long and flip flopping for so long.

Like everyone said, the way Deron is handling it is the right way. From day 1 he said he's going to opt out and it's a business decision, but has also said he would stay with the Nets. He's not ruling us out and the Nets are building around him. It's very likely he does stay with us.

I'm just hoping the lineup of DWill-MarShon-Wallace-Hump-Bropez is enough to give us a pick around 10-13 to lose and not a top 10 pick. Hell, we're only 4 games or so out of the playoffs, as pathetic as that is
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Derek Fisher just got bought out.

btw, according to the new CBA, he can't sign with the Lakers (the team that traded him) until after july 1st.

He's free to sign with any other team though and must sign before march 23rd to be eligible for this season's post season.
Not that he's worth speculating much over.. but I wonder if he'll go to Miami? I remember they tried to sign him with the leftover money they had after they picked up LeBron and Bosh..
Old 03-16-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was before Chalmers was playing well, and before they got Norris Cole. Really doubt they have interest in Fisher.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

d-will says byebye.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...s-opt-contract
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
this is probably about, oh, I'd say 5 months, old
Quote:
Old 03-16-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My god. What has happened to Carmelo Anthony. He's shooting BARELY over 40% this year.

I would let him sit on the bench for 3.5/4 of a game and then let him come in only for clutch time.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:38 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

He gets **** on like no other on this board but Westbrook is carrying that team tonight.

Also, call me crazy or a homer but I really like our chances at making a run at a title this year.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Thompson has been killing it the last two games. 21/15 last game and already 11/12 this game.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so excited for Deron in Portland <3 <3 <3

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote