Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I really dislike Blake.
I've found the reason most people dont like him is because of the media attention or just to go against popular opinion and its never really any fault of his own. But I'm curious why you don't. Does it have something to do with Kevin Love perhaps and getting less media than him despite having a much better season on a worse team? In that case I think youre misdirecting your anger.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol@ Pau's facial reaction

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:18 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
One day someone isn't going to stand for Blakes ****, and it is going to be a glorious day. I will fap to highlights of it.
I love it. Blake is a douche, but Pau is a bigger douche. Plus Blake just starred down Pau, which is bad ass, and no one talks good **** anymore in the NBA. I love it. I still hate Blake, but he's the man tonight.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I've found the reason most people dont like him is because of the media attention or just to go against popular opinion and its never really any fault of his own. But I'm curious why you don't. Does it have something to do with Kevin Love perhaps and getting less media than him despite having a much better season on a worse team? In that case I think youre misdirecting your anger.
Nothing to do with Kevin Love. All he does is dunk. That's it.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Maloofs are now lawyering up and requesting all correspondences between Sacramento, the NBA and AEG. Seems like the Maloofs are worried there was an agreement between the 3 parties to allow AEG to buy a portion of the Kings if/when the Maloofs had to sell.

And rumor has it the Maloofs are so cash strapped, they couldn't afford the predev costs even if they wanted to pay it.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
The Maloofs are now lawyering up and requesting all correspondences between Sacramento, the NBA and AEG. Seems like the Maloofs are worried there was an agreement between the 3 parties to allow AEG to buy a portion of the Kings if/when the Maloofs had to sell.

And rumor has it the Maloofs are so cash strapped, they couldn't afford the predev costs even if they wanted to pay it.
so what's gonna be the outcome of this fallout? is it inevitable the maloofs will sell or will they just take sacramento to a new city with an arena already established?
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HowardBeckNYT: Stan Van Gundy just acknowledged that Dwight Howard has asked that he be fired.
Quote:
@ESPNSteinLine: RT @Ian_OConnor: Stan VanGundy at shootaround this AM: Management told me story is true that Howard asked for him to be fired (WOWZA)
Quote:
@ESPNSteinLine: RT @Ian_OConnor: Howard comes in hugs Stan and doesn't realize Stan just confirmed story
Quote:
@FisolaNYDN: Dwight now denying he asked for Stan to be fired. Asked reporters to give up their source. Hey genius, the source is Stan
Old 04-05-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
so what's gonna be the outcome of this fallout? is it inevitable the maloofs will sell or will they just take sacramento to a new city with an arena already established?
I think it depends on Stern and the Board of Governors meeting next week. The Maloofs can take the city of Sacramento to court if the city does not have the backing of the NBA. But if Stern and the Board of Governors sides with Sacramento (which they may be leaning towards that way), the Maloofs may have no alternative. The Maloofs cannot bring a lawsuit against the NBA.

There will be a small group of owners meeting with the Maloofs next week. Some people think this "group" is actually the relocation committee. Others think this group is group of owners who are going to bring the hammer down on the Maloofs for breaking the term sheet that was agreed upon just a month ago.

Stern is great at speaking a lot of words while saying absolutely nothing, but the tone of the message seemed to be that he is siding with Sacramento. I think at the end of the meetings, the final word word to the Maloofs from the Board of Governors will be "Pony up or GTFO."

If the Maloofs are forced out, I know there have been some very wealthy businessmen who have been trying to buy the team for a few years. Recently, one of those men was Ron Burkle who tried to buy the team last February when the whole Anaheim thing first came out. And I believe AEG will also try to get a piece of the pie if the Kings go up for sale.

Smart people know this can be a very lucrative franchise in comparison to the minimal initial investment. Sacramento has 2 of the top 5 consecutive sellout streaks in NBA history. Portland and Chicago round out the remainder of the top 5. Sacramento is great for basketball because you don't have to fill a stadium of 40-70k. And basketball is pretty much all the city has apart from AAA baseball--also very similar to Portland. This is a basketball town and with good ownership, the fanbase will flourish once again.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
The NBA.

Where

Happens

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dwight is just getting ripped apart now. Tried so hard to be the nice guy that everyone loved and not be the bad guy and it just blew up in his face
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, gotta feel for Orlando and the fans. Not only will they end up losing Dwight but also they will end up losing a damn good coach. What a ******* mess. Shouldve traded Dwight when they had the chance this year.
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol Pau got abused last night, that's hilarious.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DUNKZZZzzzZZZZ winzzz gamezzzz....

...not really, though.

But yes, Pau looked like a ***** last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NBA better beware - one of my favorite players (of all time!) is back...and playing for the Washington Wizards...

That's right! Big Game James Singleton has signed a 10 day contract with the Washington Wizards...let the 10 days of domination begin! I hope he see's the floor tonight vs the Pistons...

Watch out whitey!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a whole lot of dog **** in that picture.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Maloofs end up just selling the franchise and the team gets to stay in Sac with all the planning ready to go. If this all falls apart the city of Sacramento could be really hurt by all this.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
Amari Cooper or Melvin Gordon Please
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha dwight has 0 points in the 3rd. and carmelo just pulled a baby tantrum. oh how i wish dolan never made the trade. i want gallinari and wilson chandler back.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dwight should be ashamed of himself.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Dwight should be ashamed of himself.
The whole organization should. Its only gonna get worse....
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
The whole organization should. Its only gonna get worse....
so why did van gundy go public with the info? he couldn't deal with it internally?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
so why did van gundy go public with the info? he couldn't deal with it internally?
Maybe he wants to leave the Magic?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Maybe he wants to leave the Magic?
you might be right but that's really unprofessional. he made the whole organization look bad.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you might be right but that's really unprofessional. he made the whole organization look bad.
hahahahahahahahahahahhaahaha

okay let me compose myself.

ahem.

Stan Van admitting that Dwight asked them to fire him is only the cherry on top to this whole embarrassment that has been the Dwight saga.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So a coach finally has some bawls?
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote